2,296 results
All reviewsocean frontacross the streethuge bathroomsteam roompool areabeautiful hotelfifth floormini kitchenupgraded to a suitevalet parkingpartial ocean viewliving rooman umbrellalauderdale beachvalet stafffitness centerlounge chairs
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Not sure where to start on this dump.

We arrived at 3:30 and were told "to wait over there" for our room to be ready. At 4:00, the check-in time, we were given the keys to the first room that was ready. Seemed odd considering there was nobody to be seen anywhere in the lobby or on the front porch.

The Room: Spacious however smelled musty and damp. Zero, and I mean zero internet service. Had to wait to be on the street to use my phone. None of the surfaces looked to have been windexed in weeks. On the bedside table lingered rings of the previous guests drink. There is a good sized fully equipped kitchenette, however the mini fridge was not cooled down and had mildew on the inside. We thought, let's call housekeeping and head over to the beach...Needless to say, housekeeping never came that afternoon or evening to clean our room.

The Beach: Directly across from the hotel. Be prepared to cross over A1A and take your life into your hands. Not good for families. Lots of traffic so I can't imagine what it would be like during the busy season. When we arrived on the beach, to what we were told was the resort beach, we found dingy lounge chairs and umbrellas. After sitting down for 5 minutes, we were approached by a City of Fort Lauderdale employee that told us to rent the beach gear, it would be $20 for the umbrella and $12 for each chair, no these were not part of the resort, great.
We headed up to the pool instead.

The Pool: Do not be deceived by the pictures on the website. The pool is about half the size of what is shown. There are only 20 lounge chairs, a small bar with a sticky floor around it and a creepy employee that walks around the pool area who will offer to give you an umbrella, but that is about it. They should get him to serve drinks considering there is no beverage service. This is a lap pool, no deeper end.

The Spa: Booked a 50 minute manicure that turned out to be 25 minutes total. When I arrived, some of the employees were at the reception desk trying on clothes and bathing suits that they were trying to sell at the spa. I found this to be very unprofessional. The woman that did my nails was nice enough, but left after polishing my nails and never waited to see if they were dry or if I was satisified, hence the smudge I had before leaving.

The Brasserie Restaurant: Hostess was rude when we asked to see a menu after our manicures, that was enough for us not to even try it.

Overall, if I had to do it over again, I would have checked out on the first night. Employee Staff is unprofessional, unfriendly, uninformed, and just plain rude. Fort Lauderdale has loads of other hotels that are eager to welcome guests and treat them well.

The only good thing about this hotel is their conceirage, Sheryl who directed us to the Water Taxi, a must go on attraction that will cruise you through the intercoastal and show you the amazing houses and yachts in the area...And also the hotel we checked into after getting out of The Atlantic.

9  Thank megsy575
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Megsy, I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment. We strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. Please reach out to me at the hotel if I may offer some additional assistance.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you're looking for an awesome atmosphere, stay here. The rooms are huge and completely updated with style. It included a big kitchenette (with stovetop!), plush beds, and a great location. We had an ocean view room which is on the side of the building. I really enjoyed this spot since we were able to see both the sunrise & sunset from the balcony. The only flaw is the $28 for overnight parking fee but in my opinion I thought the quality of the place was well above what we actually paid so the price evened out. When you check in you get a voucher for 20% off spa items. I went for a facial and thought it was just average. I've stayed at quite a few places in Fort Lauderdale and will definitely be coming back to the Atlantic!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra Z

Dear Alexandra, We're so happy you flew over to spend some time with us. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a great stay for the weekend, in a King Oceanview suite. Valet and front desk staff are very helpful. Room was spacious and clean, and the view from the balcony was great! The service was excellent, fast and friendly. The kitchen area is well-equipped, including a stovetop, small refrigerator (which is nicely stocked, and liquor and snacks are there as well), coffee maker, toaster and dishes/utensils. Pool area is small, but nice. The beds (both King and sofabed) were very comfortable, maid service good, and room service was expensive, but very, very good. Would have been a 5-star rating, if there was a way to wash dishes without waiting on the cleaning service, and if the pool area stayed open longer than sunset. Overall, we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Platynum, Thanks for your nice review - glad you enjoyed all the amenities of our suite. It sounds like you were in one without a dishwasher. On your next visit just let us know and we'll whisk away the dirty and bring you a clean dish setup. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a warm greeting, plenty of information and helpful service. Once we settled in, had a pretty good night's sleep. The honor bar was well stocked but we didn't use it. Big safe in closet for valuables. Nice pool & deck for swimming & friendly pool attendants.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you alienjoe! I hope you can come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Writing this from the chair i slept in for night one of our seven night stay, front desk staff offered a rollaway and a key for an empty room on the flr at midnight. If you are in the center of the bed it is somewhat comfortable, so if you are traveling alone you should be ok. the sides of the bed are very worn so you roll out. Miserable experience so far, front desk friendly but management does not seem to be on property and we are without a solution. Told engiineering could come look at it, not the way i imagined my mothers day

5  Thank Oceanicflight815

Dear Oceanic, I am sorry that you were not happy with the first bed you encountered. I hope that you continue to enjoy the one in the room we moved you to.