2,299 results
All reviewsocean frontacross the streethuge bathroomsteam roompool areabeautiful hotelfifth floormini kitchenupgraded to a suitevalet parkingpartial ocean viewliving rooman umbrellalauderdale beachvalet stafffitness centerlounge chairs
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you're looking for an awesome atmosphere, stay here. The rooms are huge and completely updated with style. It included a big kitchenette (with stovetop!), plush beds, and a great location. We had an ocean view room which is on the side of the building. I really enjoyed this spot since we were able to see both the sunrise & sunset from the balcony. The only flaw is the $28 for overnight parking fee but in my opinion I thought the quality of the place was well above what we actually paid so the price evened out. When you check in you get a voucher for 20% off spa items. I went for a facial and thought it was just average. I've stayed at quite a few places in Fort Lauderdale and will definitely be coming back to the Atlantic!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra Z
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Alexandra, We're so happy you flew over to spend some time with us. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a great stay for the weekend, in a King Oceanview suite. Valet and front desk staff are very helpful. Room was spacious and clean, and the view from the balcony was great! The service was excellent, fast and friendly. The kitchen area is well-equipped, including a stovetop, small refrigerator (which is nicely stocked, and liquor and snacks are there as well), coffee maker, toaster and dishes/utensils. Pool area is small, but nice. The beds (both King and sofabed) were very comfortable, maid service good, and room service was expensive, but very, very good. Would have been a 5-star rating, if there was a way to wash dishes without waiting on the cleaning service, and if the pool area stayed open longer than sunset. Overall, we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Platynum, Thanks for your nice review - glad you enjoyed all the amenities of our suite. It sounds like you were in one without a dishwasher. On your next visit just let us know and we'll whisk away the dirty and bring you a clean dish setup. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a warm greeting, plenty of information and helpful service. Once we settled in, had a pretty good night's sleep. The honor bar was well stocked but we didn't use it. Big safe in closet for valuables. Nice pool & deck for swimming & friendly pool attendants.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you alienjoe! I hope you can come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Writing this from the chair i slept in for night one of our seven night stay, front desk staff offered a rollaway and a key for an empty room on the flr at midnight. If you are in the center of the bed it is somewhat comfortable, so if you are traveling alone you should be ok. the sides of the bed are very worn so you roll out. Miserable experience so far, front desk friendly but management does not seem to be on property and we are without a solution. Told engiineering could come look at it, not the way i imagined my mothers day

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Oceanicflight815

Dear Oceanic, I am sorry that you were not happy with the first bed you encountered. I hope that you continue to enjoy the one in the room we moved you to.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I would have written this review from the hotel, however, the Internet and cell service was poor at best making me feel as if I was in the far reaches of some 3rd world local. I was there on business so this was definitely not acceptable.

When I first pulled up to the hotel, I almost kept driving, the place just didn't look like much. I then spotted a Leading Hotels plaque and thought "how bad can it be?". The ocean front room was large with a fantastic view, small but modern galley kitchen, nice bathroom with a separate shower from tub. I was on my third leg of a two week business trip so just ordered up room service so that I could go to bed early. Just as I was finishing, I heard automated voices outside. Opening my sliding door out to the deck, I heard it was a fire in the building recording telling people to exit the building using only the stairs. I thought bout ignoring it until the same warning along with annoying sirens went off in the in the room as well. Fire trucks were arriving so off I went. There was indeed a fire in the laundry room and we were outside for about an hour before being permitted back in to take the stairs back to our rooms. There was no apology from the hotel or any kind of token for our inconvenience which I thought was very poor form. The cell service was so bad (non-existent) in my room that I asked the hotel to move me to another room. The service was better but still not great by any stretch. This was not just in the rooms but also in the lobby and restaurant area as well. In this age, lack of decent cell service is simply unacceptable in my books. It is because of this that I didn't give it 5 stars.

For the good: the beds were very comfortable, maid service good but the real star was the restaurant. The food was amazing as was the wait staff there, especially Christopher and a lovely young girl who worked during lunch. I would stay there again just for them, they were that good.

suggestion for hotel: fix the cell/Internet service, this is huge!! Also, consider having desk top plug in access so people don't have to climb under the desk to plug in their laptops, etc.

If being connected electronically isn't important to you then I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for the price point. If it is, you may wish to consider another hotel, perhaps The Ritz just down the road, as I will next time.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear TN, Thanks for praising the very nice things you encountered at our hotel. I'm sorry that you encountered some difficulties with technology. We are addressing many of those concerns in our plans. Please contact me at the hotel if I may offer any additional assistance.