“Great location, staff and hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Atlantic Hotel & Spa

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Larchmont, New York, United States
“Great location, staff and hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Located on A1A, this hotel is right across the street from the beautiful, clean ocean that is Fort Lauderdale. Within walking distance to many restaurants and bars, we had no problem finding new places to explore. The staff was very helpful and concierge Sheryl helped arrange a rental car so a day trip to Miami. Overall, the hotel is supremely clean. My only gripe was the lack of seating space at the pool. Get your towels out on a chair by 7:30am or risk not having a place to sit! I would absolutely return and we had a wonderful week vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean so there's no bad view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Arrived early, reception was good, room ready.....and it was great. Bright and airy with a pleasant bedroom area, large bathroom, and lovely furnished terrace with a fantastic view overlooking the ocean. There was a small kitchen area had we wanted to do our own cooking, and a coffee machine. We had all we needed. Had lunch in the restaurant which was good, and returned there again for cocktails early evening, where Lisa the bartender was really helpful in suggesting places for us to go during the rest of our trip in Miami and the Keys.....and the cocktails were great. The only thing that was lacking was furniture round the pool area.....there were very few tables and chairs and as someone else commented, the few sun beds that were there were reserved with towels from early in the day. However we were quite happy sunning up on our terrace, and we were only staying for one night, although we would have loved a longer stay.

Room Tip: Try and get room overlooking ocean in one of the "wings" that stick out on either side, an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel, but there are small things creeping in which make it less than ideal. The staff are amazing but even they can not make things good. The rooms are large, clean and well furnished. Housekeeping is some what erratic, they do clean really well but often fail to leave simple service items such as toiletries and coffee, minor but annoying. Then there is the pool area, small but functional, on this trip there were only 9 or 10 chairs that are useable. The trouble is that the hotel has been infested by chair trolls, the strange woman who rises before dawn and puts towels, books, one shoe, on every available chair. On our first day, the trolls had even covered the couches with towels to reserve them. Did they ever use the chairs, it is hard to say. We gave up, purchased chairs from Target and set up show on the beach. You need to decide whether or not this hotel is right for you, we have decided to move along the road to The Westin, it has a better chair area and does provide chairs on the beach. The Atlantic Resort and Spa is fantastic but needs to address the pool area and consider whether chairs on the beach are an option.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AUKTourist
Manhattan, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Atlantic Resort and Spa is the ideal place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale. I had a great experience there-from my room itself: i stayed in a room which had a King size bed that was extremely comfortable with nice and clean bedding, an enormous bathroom with a tub, beautiful glass shower, and there were toiletries provided for my convenience - including a blowdryer which some hotels do not provide (the bathroom was also impeccably clean). There was a small kitchenette that was completely new and included silverware, a brand new Keurig coffee machine which was extremely convenient for me to make coffee in the morning (coffee also provided). The room came with a balcony that overlooked the ocean which was beautiful. The hotel itself is beautiful and I noticed everyone from the concierge to the employees at the hotel restaurant - East End Brasserie - always had a smile on their face and offered help with anything you may need. East End Brasserie had a spectacular menu, and i heard they even have a Sunday brunch with various types of Bloody Marys (coming soon) with all you can drink as an option. The hotel also has a massive and clean gym with new equipment, as well as a spa with a jacuzzi, sauna, steam room that offers a full array of beauty services. The spa gave a locked to me which had a bathrobe and sandals for my convenience. The resort has a beautiful pool area with a bar alongside that offers various classic drinks and creative fruity drinks made by their master bartenders. All in all, the only time I left the hotel was to walk about 1 minute across the street to the public beach that has chairs offered for rent. LOVED IT AND HOPE TO BE BACK SOON!

-Jessie Schleifstein

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I usually stay in South Beach because I like the location and the action. This time I decided to try Fort Lauderdale for a change of pace. Although the location is much quieter than Sobe, The Atlantic is a beautiful resort with top notch amenities, large beautiful rooms. and spectacular views from the oceanfront balconies. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate during my stay so I could not use the beautifully maintained beach across the street.
Everyone was very accommodating at the hotel and I'd like to give a special thanks to Jennifer Urena, the front desk manager, for going out of her way to insure that my stay was as good as it could be. She is a true professional and The Atlantic is lucky to have her. I look forward to returning in the near future and hope the weather cooperates next time.

• Stayed February 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Third review of this hotel in about 6 years. It will probably be my last.

Starting with check in....we received an email a week before our stay confirming the reservation but with the wrong room category. This we corrected. On arrival, we had to go through the same rigmarole. We were taken to a room, not a suite. When we explained that the room was unacceptable, the bell boy suggested that it was an upgrade...from a suite to a room?

We are now in an adequate but disabled suite. No bath tub. The last review I wrote for this hotel made this complaint. Just goes to show that the management response was nothing but empty words. After a day of travel, I didn't feel like complaining again and I do dislike being made to feel as though they were doing me a favour.

It may seem petty but if you book and pay for a certain category of room, you expect that as a minimum. Moreover, there was no sign of the I PREFER upgrade.

As to the suite, the lights dont work in the hall or kitchen. There is no guest services manual ( they have taken away the tablets that were previously provided) and there is no stationery, which I was going to use to write a letter to the management.

So I'm still here (til tomorrow) but will not be returning. Very pedestrian. What a shame. My fifth visit or so will be my last.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank sambfh
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had an overnight stop here before going on a cruise and the staff were extremely helpful, upgrading us to an ocean view room - when I say room, it was as big as the ground floor of our house! Massive bed and huge bathroom with all sorts of accessories (except a bidet). The only down side was the price of extras eg breakfast (which we didn't have) and chocolate bars in room ($5 for a Hershey)!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple