“Excellent and On The Beach”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise and found the room remarkably comfortable, the restaurant food excellent and the overall service quite good. This is a five star property right across the street fron the ocean. Truly paradise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear JIm,
Thank you so much for choosing us for your pre-cruise getaway. I hope you can visit us again in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Beautiful hotel with a gorgeous view but the service brought it down. Our room was missing a coffee maker. I called front desk and they said they would send one up. I waited 40 minutes and called again. She gave me a lame excuse that they were busy. I finally went to the front desk and complained... But they didn't seem to care.
A bit of a disappointment considering the price

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Travelkari

Dear Travelkari,
I am very sorry to hear of your experience. Please reach out to me at the hotel so I may offer additional assistance.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the w hotel last year and passed this hotel on the way home. I remembered name and booked it for this year. It was very nice. Class act. Nice clientele. Very nice room/ suite. Large with kitchen. Very top shelf. I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Get the oceanfront, you can't beat it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank makeup1031
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Makeup,
I am delighted you found us and found everything to be top-shelf! We certainly appreciate your business and comments. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We booked one nights stay at the end of a cruise, but wished it could have been for longer.
The hotel is situated at the far end of the beach away from the main shops and restaurant area. The advantage though is that the beach is much quiter here. We arrived from the port at around 11.00am and were pleased to find that the room was ready for us.
The room, a Ocean View King Suite was very impressive. It was on the sixth floor overlooking the pool. It was enormous, well furnished with a huge bathroom. There was also a kitchenette area which included all kitchen appliances, pots pans etc. For anyone who didn't mind cooking, you could stop for long periods as everything was provided.
I suppose being very picky the corridors were a little dated and the room although not dated was not ultra modern, but this is certainly not a critisism.
We dined at the brassierie for lunch twice, both times really good, and on the first day used a free drinks voucher that they gave us at check in for a couple of glasses of very nice wine which was a nice touch. We didn't take breakfast so am not able to comment on that.
We had a few flight problems due to the weather at Heathrow, and had no lap top with us. I think we were told that there was free WIFI but there was also a business centre which was free to use, so that was great and enabled us to sort our flight worries.
We booked this hotel through Otel.com and got a great rate of 180 pounds which for the quality of the hotel and the room was excellent value.
Would highly recommend and will definitely stop here again if we return to Fort Lauderdale.
One other tip, we had a very good dinner at a lovely restaurant on the beach front about a 10 minute stroll from the hotel called the Casablanca Cafe, again highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try and get an ocean view room, it would be a shame not to enjoy the fabulous view.
2  Thank Claire L

Dear Hector,
I'm very happy to hear how you enjoyed your suite and the quiet beach. I agree, it's a great way to end a cruise, and we'd love to have you back for a longer stay.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We just returned from a 2 night sojourn at The Atlantic. We really hoped we would not be disappointed, after we had such a wonderful experience here last June...but, once again, we were absolutely delighted with our stay!
Prior to our arrival, I spoke with Sheryl at the concierge desk to ask her to arrange to have rental bikes available for our use during our stay. Sheryl had our bikes (plus helmuts & bike lock) delivered to the hotel so they were there for our arrival, but also arranged to have our preferred "Townie" brand (the kind we are used to riding at home), AND (at my last-minute request) she even arranged for us to borrow a nifty bike carry-pack. The rentals were simply added to our room charge, saving us valuable vacation time, not having to contact the rental company ourselves. Now, I know concierge services are often used for high-roller events...but I appreciate how Sheryl really listened well to my requests, and came through as though our bike rental was just as important as any big-ticket event!
As our experience in June, we found the valets courteous, check-in friendly and efficient, and the room SPOTLESS! And talk about housekeeping efficiency...in the morning, we left early for a brisk walk and coffee, and during that time housekeeping worked their magic on our room so that when we returned an hour later, it was as fresh-smelling and spotless as when we checked in. Mia even stopped by later, to make sure everything was as we liked it.
Oh, and one more thing...a special award should go to whoever picked out the showerheads used at The Atlantic. Amazing spray and intense water pressure! The shower was so enjoyable that I emailed the concierge to ask them the manufacturers name and model number. Concierge Lilly replied to my query within the hour, with not just an answer, but a link to the showerhead manufacturer's website.
We were glad to learn the exemplary experience we had when first staying at The Atlantic is, indeed, their standard of care. We wholeheartedly recommend this hotel as, in our opinion, they continue to be the best in Fort Lauderdale.

Dear 2Tobene,
We are honored that you think we are the best! I am hapy to hear how you enjoyed bicycling with the arrangements made by our Concierge service. I am also so pleased to hear how Sheryl and Lily made a positive impact on your stay -- I know that they care a great deal.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at The Atlantic from Dec 26-Jan 3. We had a room facing the ocean, and the view was amazing. The room was very clean, the bed was incredibly comfortable, and the kitchenette was well-stocked. Wifi was free, and this is one reason we chose the hotel. I hate having to pay for Wifi! Please do not change this policy!

The pool area could be a little cleaner (the little tables next to the lounge chairs were a little sticky), but the service was great. The food offered at the pool restaurant was also reasonably priced.

I went to the Spa for a pedicure, and it was not great. The person doing the pedicure arrived late, seemed to not know where the equipment she needed was, and was not very friendly. It was very disappointing.

Overall, I definitely encouraged people to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear couvertanjou,
Thank you for your kind words and helpful suggestions. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Beautiful hotel for the most part very nice and helpful staff. Terrible concierge! If at all possible try to avoid Cheryl the concierge. She managed to ruin our 10000 dollar bcs game trip. Otherwise the hotel was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Patrick,
I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with a service booked by our Concierge team. We actively seek input on every service that we arrange with outside vendors. Please contact me at the hotel so that I can understand what happened and respond appropriately.