Spent Sat oct 20 to Mon Oct 22 here, I had never been to the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area before and all i wanted was a nice clean room with ocean views and a reasonable price This place was having a special on Expedi at the time so i snapped it up.. After travelling up from Key West FL i arrived on the Sat afternoon, After checking in i was issued Room 1216, 12th floor, corner balcony, full ocean view! The bellman followed me up, explained how to work the controls and left me to it, The room was spacious with a king size bed, a small kitchenette with stove and microwave plus cutlery, A large...ish bathroom with Gilchrist & Soames and Tarocco tolietries and was very comfortable.
Good size tv with lots of channels, I never used the pool and will say i wish they wouldnt close it so early! (around 7pm) but i found the business centre to be decent.
The company i work for has an office in Boca so a friend of mine i used to work with who lives in Fort Lauderdale came to visit me and she was equally impressed with the room, SHe took me out to Sawgrass Mills outlet mall (A must for shoppers since prices are so cheap!) and another area called Delray Beach a beautiful little beach town not far away with great restaurants, views and stores.
As for actual Fort Lauderdale itself...The hotel sits on the far end of all the action, Probably a 3 to 4 block walk to CVS and the restaurants...... I'd almost call the area borderline seedy......Personally Fort Lauderdale did nothing for me and i'm not sure i'd rush back.....But thats just my opinion! However if i had to stay in the area again i definitely think this hotel is value for money, I paid around $250 AUD a night which for what i got was excellent.
I ate at the hotel restaurant for both dinner and breakfast, Food was decent as was the service.
My last day i had to go to the post office.....Here's a tip, no post office in walking distance! i find that amazing for a so called tourist spot, The concierge gave me the address to one and called me a cab.....$20 return cab fare later,
Check out was uneventful and i got a cab no problems
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique property located on Fort Lauderdale Beach with panoramic ocean views and a focus on personalized service. Spacious rooms and luxury amenities make this property the perfect retreat for business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale