My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights pre-cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. With such a large choice of hotels it was difficult to decide where to stay but we are very glad we chose this one.
All the staff were very nice from the bellhop, doorman and front reception. We booked an ocean-front studio and were very impressed with the size and the amenities. We had a huge marble bathroom with large soaker tub, separate shower, separate toilet stall, double sinks, granite counters, lots of big fluffy towels. Nice bathrobes and slippers are in the room. Huge closets and a galley-style kitchenette, fully equipped, was really nice to have although we really didn't use it.
The bed was so comfortable, high quality linens, nice pillows, a large screen TV. There was also a lovely balcony overlooking the pool area and directly ocean-front. It was great to make ourselves coffee in the morning and sit out looking at the ocean. Heavenly. We spent part of the day sitting by the pool which overlooks the ocean and ordered lunch to have pool-side.
We ate in the restaurant downstairs for breakfast and dinner both days. You can eat indoors or out on the ocean-front terrace. Food was very good. In fact, when we returned from our cruise and stayed at the B Ocean (see my review) we walked here to have breakfast one morning. We were sorry we had not booked here for our post-cruise.
One thing I would mention is that the concierge ordered us a car to take us to the cruiseport and it was $48.00 including tip. Just take a cab, it will be under $20.00, probably about $15.00. That was a bit of a rip but it was the only negative note of our stay.
We are very glad that we discovered this hotel and if we're ever in FL again we would stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for the discerning traveler, the resort is devoted to the pursuit of service and elegance, affording the perfect balance for business and pleasure. Recreationally speaking: The hotel is situated across from Fort Lauderdale's Blue Wave Beach, our full-service Spa,lap pool and fifth floor sun deck overlooking the ocean are indeed relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale