“Nice rooms and location but horrible service”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was very unlucky this time. My room phone was not working, so I could not call any service at the hotel. I wanted to order a sandwich at night while working on my computer, but had to dress up and go down to the brasserie and explained the reception about the issue. They said "an engeneer is going to see that in minutes", but never got that done. At the brasserie, I told them I would have my burger there as I as there anyway, but I came back already in a box, so I took it back to the room.

As I still had too much work to do, I left outside my breakfast order, but next morning it was still there, nobody picked it up although I left it before the necessary time. Then again, how could I call them? Used my cell phone to contact room service and order it all again and took the opportunity to complain about the phone, but got the samen answer: "an engeener will be there soon, he is about to arrive", but nothing happened.

Regarding my room, the air conditioning was noisy, and the service level bad as well: no menu in the room (I found this out when I was trying to order some food) but only a wine list, no paper or pen to take notes.

These are small things, but is a sign of lack of attention to customers who are paying not a cheap price for a room hard to get (the hotel was full).

I had heard good references before, maybe I was just not lucky, but still I have not seen these mishappenings in hotels of similar cathegories.

Room Tip: Waterfront, of course.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sergio D

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Donald & I chose this location based on the amenities provided! We had no idea how wonderful the experience would be. From 1st contact with the staff, which was the day after booking our trip and requesting to have our wedding there. Start to finish a truly awesome experience. This is now at the top of your list of favorite spots!! We will definitely be going back for our anniversary celebrations!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite, which is actually an apartment. An additional couple c...
1  Thank DANCINQUEENE
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfy. The shower was incredible! Made you feel so relaxed. I love that the pool overlooks the beach and the that the beach is just across the street. We definitely go back and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent one night in a Beach front suite on the completion of a cruise.
The hotel and staff should be complemented on the standard of service and facilities provided. The concierge and all the reception staff were probably the best that we have encountered for a long time.

The suite itself was very large with quality furnishings, if we pass through Fort Lauderdale again , this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: Beach front suite very nice
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I always check tripadvisor before booking and I was interested in The Atlantic but was a bit concerned about a few poor reviews. We had a fantastic vacation. Our room was a beautiful oceanfront king studio, perfect for the two of us. We had nothing but positive experiences from every single person that we encountered at The Atlantic- check in was easy and quick, room, gorgeous, restaurant service was AMAZING and perfect with great food, housekeeping did a great job overall (we did have to ask to get room swept of sand, but, no big deal, we were on a beach) and everyone was so helpful. As you will read in other reviews, if you get a beach chair, they are rentals, $10 each for the day, $5 for a pad (worth it) and another $20 for an umbrella which we never needed. The rental person that we dealt with everyday, named Art, was really nice and helpful and worked hard going from place to place on the beach. The beach was surprisingly nice for the Atlantic coast in comparison with the Gulf coast, just a bit of seaweed. We loved it and swam in the ocean ever day. The pool deck is lovely but doesn't have much seating, the pool is not deep but very nice, the hot tub did have a lot of cracked tiles and only a few jets actually worked. The pool bar is nice, we had lunch and drinks there a couple times and both were tasty. We loved the Atlantic and we were going back and forth between staying here and the W. We are SO happy that we picked The Atlantic,especially after visiting the W, the Atlantic was much smaller and more personal with a beach feel. If I had one complaint it would be that it was loud, we were on a floor with a meeting room and the people going stood in the hall talking loudly at 9am, we heard another guest's dog bark almost every morning and we had a crying baby next door early one morning. All of that is more rude people than the hotel itself. There was some mold in the shower but we just sprayed it with a little bleach cleaner and it was gone. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Atlantic offered a small fee for a higher floor, I did it and we were on the 14th floor, totally...
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Beautiful studio with ocean view balcony. Concierge, pool staff, restaurant great. Fantastic food and location. Perfect for morning walks. Would recommend restaurants to the north and on sunrise blvd. can't wait to visit again

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 18, 2012

First of all, this hotel is quite a distance from the airport and the port. After opening the door to our room, I failed to feel "wowed"! The furnishings were nice, but quite "dinged" up in places. Bathroom could use some updating.

Too bad, considering it's quite pricey. There are many other choices in Fort Lauderdale.