2,405 results
All reviews ocean front across the street pool area steam room huge bathroom stove top beautiful hotel fifth floor oceanfront room partial ocean view valet parking an umbrella full kitchen lauderdale beach fitness center per day lounge chairs
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Our family (myself, husband and 8 year old daughter) stayed at this hotel Aug 19-24, 2012. It was a surprise beach trip for my daughter's birthday. Our goal was a quiet, but fun, beach vacation.

We loved this hotel. It had a European, small feel to it. Definitely not like a chain hotel. We felt like personal guest rather then just a number.

The people are what make this hotel special. Sheryl, Janet and Patrick were standouts on our visit - always helpful, always with a smile, always made us feel like they were so happy to have us as guests. They sent up a special surprise cake with a candle for our daughters birthday which was very sweet.

The rooms are large. We had an amazing ocean front view. I spent most of my time on the balcony enjoying the view Beds and pillows are very comfy - one of the first vacations where I actually slept very well. Our room had a small stove, fridge and microwave. There was also a full set of dishes and cooking tools. This was very convenient to not have to worry about eating every single meal out. Especially with a picky eater, it was perfect. $7 cab ride to the grocery store and we were set with snacks, drinks and lunches. The bathroom was also large with a tub and separate shower. Like a previous person wrote, the water pressure is perfect! My only complaint was that our chair had some kind of water stain on it that didn't look great.

Continental breakfast was good - yogurt, fruit, pastries (fresh), cereals, bagels, juice and coffee. We also sampled some of the other hot breakfast items - all were good. We also had lunch and dinner at the restaurant. The steak was cooked perfectly. I had the spring vegetable risotto. It would have been nice to have a few more steamed vegetables on top (for color as well), but it was very good and there were no leftovers! The chocolate fondue was a standout for dessert!

We were probably there at a slow time, but the hotel was quiet. Most of the guests were older couples, couples with a small child or a girl's trip. All the guests were very friendly and courteous.

We did not use the spa.

The beach is lovely - clear water, no jellyfish that we saw. It is a short walk across the main road. This didn't bother me because other beach towns we have gone to have been set up this way. It was definitely less crowded and cleaner down this end then up by the main drag.

Do bring money for taxis - it's about $7 each way to nearby attractions. Most of the cab drivers were from Haiti and speak French as well as English. The CVS is in walking distance - open 24 hours and they have everything (except glow sticks - we couldn't find glow sticks!). We did buy an umbrella there to use for the week so we didn't need to rent one.

We did do the Sea Experience Snorkeling trip. You won't see anything super awesome but the people were nice and my daughter had a blast. It was choppy that day and bit difficult for some of the beginners but it wasn't overly expensive and the boat tour was nice. It was about $7 each way by taxi to get to the boat dock.

We also did the Children's Museum and our daughter loved that. It is very hands on and includes some live animals. Cab ride also required for this.

It would have been nice to have a few kids attractions like mini golf or something of that nature within walking distance, but we found plenty to do between the beach, pool and the activities the concierge helped us set up.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LATO29
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here August 2012 but the hotel is a disappointment. The location is nice but it's not beach front as portrayed on some of their pictures. The lobby is small, humid with musty odor. Our room has an excellent ocean view, big with kitchenette. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom so the damp air is trapped in the bathroom which gives the entire room it's muggy odor. The bed is comfy. The pool is small but the pool bar is good. We transferred to the Ritz the next day because of the poor air quality in our room which I think is hotel wide. I read in one of theprint outs of a computer at the business center that they are having mold problems. The hotel just didn't meet my expectation considering its pricey accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank okidoc808
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a night before traveling to south america. We truly enjoyed our experience. It doesn't get any better then being in a pool a few stories up overlooking A1A. The hotel room was picture perfect. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Beautiful facility, I would recommend, however few hiccups, we were given a handicap room, absolutely nothing against, but if you're not, it's a problem. Everything near floor. Frequent tv problems. Only valet parking, expensive. Informed not really family oriented. There for a wedding with large group on the beach. Rained so, had to have on property of hotel, cramped. Hotel staff ok, nothing more. Felt should have offerred something for major issue w/handicap room, had grandchild with us kept slipping and falling in shower. Excellent rooms. Would stay again, now that I know what to expect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 5 nites here for his birthday in July and loved it. Unfortunatly the rain kept us on for 2 days, but the hotel was nice and had ammenitites to keep us happy. Upon check in, we informed the front desk of the birthday and he upgraded us to an amazing suite. It was such a beautiful, large condo with a balcony overlooking the city and the beach. Really made our stay amazing. On the day of his birthday we returned to the room to find a generous piece of chocolate cake and candles! Maid service was prompt and efficient. The entire staff was so nice and helpful. The beach is right across the street and very clean. It's about a 10 min walk to the shops and dining spots on the beach, but a 5 min cab ride to Los Olas Blvd, and to the shopping area. So it was pretty conveniently located.

The fitness area and spa were great, and we used them twice. You can use spa ammenities without paying extra. There is a pool which was unfortunatly closed for 2 days. The pool is more of a lap pool, long and narrow...with a large deck and a small bar. We opted for the beach. The hotel provides free beach towels, chairs at extra cost. They were testing the fire alarms during our stay - which was very annoying & woke us 2 of the days. However, I realize the hotel may have little to do with the decisions the local fire marshall makes. We dined downstairs a few times. The food was great, although a little pricey. It's a shame there wasn't a lower cost lunch option. I paid almost $5 for an iced tea! I would've asked to make it "long Island" if I knew I'd pay that much! The consierge is knowledgeable and helpful. Ask them about local discounts.

All in all, a wonderful resort and I would return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple