2,297 results
All reviewsocean frontacross the streethuge bathroomsteam roompool areabeautiful hotelfifth floormini kitchenupgraded to a suitevalet parkingpartial ocean viewliving rooman umbrellalauderdale beachvalet stafffitness centerlounge chairs
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a night before traveling to south america. We truly enjoyed our experience. It doesn't get any better then being in a pool a few stories up overlooking A1A. The hotel room was picture perfect. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Beautiful facility, I would recommend, however few hiccups, we were given a handicap room, absolutely nothing against, but if you're not, it's a problem. Everything near floor. Frequent tv problems. Only valet parking, expensive. Informed not really family oriented. There for a wedding with large group on the beach. Rained so, had to have on property of hotel, cramped. Hotel staff ok, nothing more. Felt should have offerred something for major issue w/handicap room, had grandchild with us kept slipping and falling in shower. Excellent rooms. Would stay again, now that I know what to expect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 5 nites here for his birthday in July and loved it. Unfortunatly the rain kept us on for 2 days, but the hotel was nice and had ammenitites to keep us happy. Upon check in, we informed the front desk of the birthday and he upgraded us to an amazing suite. It was such a beautiful, large condo with a balcony overlooking the city and the beach. Really made our stay amazing. On the day of his birthday we returned to the room to find a generous piece of chocolate cake and candles! Maid service was prompt and efficient. The entire staff was so nice and helpful. The beach is right across the street and very clean. It's about a 10 min walk to the shops and dining spots on the beach, but a 5 min cab ride to Los Olas Blvd, and to the shopping area. So it was pretty conveniently located.

The fitness area and spa were great, and we used them twice. You can use spa ammenities without paying extra. There is a pool which was unfortunatly closed for 2 days. The pool is more of a lap pool, long and narrow...with a large deck and a small bar. We opted for the beach. The hotel provides free beach towels, chairs at extra cost. They were testing the fire alarms during our stay - which was very annoying & woke us 2 of the days. However, I realize the hotel may have little to do with the decisions the local fire marshall makes. We dined downstairs a few times. The food was great, although a little pricey. It's a shame there wasn't a lower cost lunch option. I paid almost $5 for an iced tea! I would've asked to make it "long Island" if I knew I'd pay that much! The consierge is knowledgeable and helpful. Ask them about local discounts.

All in all, a wonderful resort and I would return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in this apparently high end hotel last August 10, 2012 but the hotel is not what I expected. As we entered the lobby, which is small and dark, you can smell the trapped musty humid air inside which they try to hide with an air freshener. The room was big with a kitchenette and an ocean view. The bathroom is big but with no exhaust fan so the steam is trapped inside the bathroom. This gives probably gives the room its muggy moldy odor. The swimming pool is simple and small but with an ocean view. Pool service is average. When I booked this hotel, I was looking at the pictures and it looks as if it was beachfront property. There is a road that separates the hotel from the beach which I should have checked from google maps. The Hotel is clean in general but it needs to improve its ventilation. The Russian clerk at the front desk was very helpful. We transferred to the Ritz the next day.

Room Tip: Get an Oceanfront room to get a nice view of the beach and the activities below.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at the Atlantic Resort for our anniversary weekend. Stayed in an "Ocean View" room facing south. Nice view down the beach and out to the port. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The Florida resident package came with 50% off breakfast at the ocean front hotel restaurant. Breakfast choices were very good and the meal very tasty. The pool is on the fifth floor overlooking the ocean. The pools bar/restaurant had a killer blackened dolphin (Mahi) sandwich. Spent the days at the beach and did not use any of the resorts spa facility, so I cannot comment on how those services are. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Unless you are going to spend the days in your room, "Ocean View" rather than "Ocean Front" is a good value. You still see the Ocean when you are out on the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple