Staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful. Room was very comfortable and well appointed. Every night while at dinner, housekeeping would turn down the bed and replenish towels and soap - great touch! While my wife and daughter didnt mind, I found the mattress way too soft. Soft to the point my lower back never acclimated. A/C could be better. Kitchenette was fully equipped with very good condition and quality utensils, not garage sale onesy. Nice large LCD TV. Also had in-room safe. Bathroom is very nice but could use ventilation.
Fitness room is clean, smells nice and is well equipped although a little small.
Breakfast buffet is crowned by amazing zucchini muffins and coffee cake. Their lady pastry chef is tops!
Beach towels are provided without drama.
On the beach across the street there are beach chairs and umbrellas. Once you've settled in, a guy will approach you saying that even without any signage, they are actually for rent. He adds you can pay by cash or bill it to your room, even though he's not part of the hotel. Very sleazy. We observed another couple who took much more offense to the lack of signage. After ruining the vibe within earshot, the man was very close to knocking the beach guys teeth out. Note to Management: either clearly post rates or disassociate your property from this character. This is one glaring red X to your property.
Parking at $28/day is very high. But there's very good free wifi connection, complimentary newspapers, and a business center with a free printer.
Staff is well managed. Just minor points.... Yes, carpets endure a lot in salt water environment and therefore should probably be replaced even sooner, no? Facade could use powerwashing to this property shine.
Overall we were impressed and very pleased with our stay. Looking forward to a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for the discerning traveler, the resort is devoted to the pursuit of service and elegance, affording the perfect balance for business and pleasure. Recreationally speaking: The hotel is situated across from Fort Lauderdale's Blue Wave Beach, our full-service Spa,lap pool and fifth floor sun deck overlooking the ocean are indeed relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale