2,334 results
All reviews ocean front across the street huge bathroom steam room pool area beautiful hotel fifth floor mini kitchen upgraded to a suite valet parking partial ocean view one bedroom suite an umbrella lauderdale beach valet staff fitness center lounge chairs
Reviewed June 25, 2012

So I want to start out by saying this hotel is gorgeous! The staff are super nice...the service was impeccable. I felt like royalty there...but I do have to share my bad experience the first night.
I checked into the hotel 06/22/12. As I was getting ready for dinner, I noticed a roach crawling up the wall in the bathroom. I killed it and didn't think twice about it. As I continued to get ready I killed two other tiny baby ones but didn't want to be picky and blamed it on the rain. That night I woke up to use the restroom to find 4 more crawling in the bathroom floor. I killed them and told myself I would call in the morning to complain seeing as it was 3am. So at 7:30 I ended up jumping out of bed since my bf had jumped out of bed because a roach was crawling on his head!!!! We turned on the lights to find tons more on the wall and floor!! I called the front desk immediately and they had a new room ready for me in less than 10 mins. They moved all my stuff and gave me a $100 room credit. Since it was my bday weekend I decided to not let it ruin my stay. Whatever you do stay away from room 810.
My new room 1411 was great, no roach sightings at all..it had a great view, spacious, and super clean. I think my first room was a fluke and I wouldn't not recommend the hotel because of it. The staff worked immediately as soon as I called and were very apologetic. The pool is amazing and I just can't compliment the staff enough on the great service I received. I will definitely return despite the minor issue the first night.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room on the north or east side. The west side view is block by an vacant high rise. The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Janim717

Dear Janim717,

We truly apologize for your initial experience when you checked in to your first room, but happy to know that we were able to turn that experience around. We are very proud of our team and glad that the way the situation was handled has made you want to come back and see us. I personally met you and were delighted to know that your new room and overall experience was fantastic. Please reach out to me if you decide to return to sunny Fort Lauderdale beach, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel for one night however they upgraded me to a wonderful suite off of the pool area. The property is directly across from the beach and the location is great. The room was HUGE and had all of the electronics you could ask for. For example, a Bose sound system, a tablet right in the room, two large flat screen T.V.'s and a DVD player. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was huge my room also had a mini kitchen set up. Only downfall- small pool I didn't use it anyway due to the weather and my travel schedule. Certain areas of the hotel look a little run down, nothing major however I noticed it. I would stay again the service was also very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Viveutvivas

Dear Viveutvivas,

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us even if it was a one night stay. It seems that we were able to give you a great experience in a short period of time. We are consistantly working on ways to improve not only on our services but also on the appearance of our beautiful property, so we appreciate your constructive criticism on anything we can improve. We look forward to your next stay, hopefully for a longer stay so that you can take advantage of our relaxing pool area and spa.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about the “The Atlantic Resort & Spa” after our wonderful stay post our family cruise, the selection was a PERFECT choice! Upon entering the resort it was clean and had welcoming staff that did not disappoint. The lobby area was clean and had ample comfortable seating with a good selection of flavored waters and coffee. Wonderful beach location, wonderful ambiance, did not feel stuffy at all, TOP notch valet parking attendants, wonderful front desk staff, bellhops were there to help with the bags and were VERY professional, wonderful concierge, Sheryl was VERY helpful with loads of information on the area and even printed our boarding passes for us while we were out and about, THANKS! We arrived earlier the expected and they were able to check us in! They even had towels for us to use every time we went to the beach.

The rooms were HUGE, spotless clean, comfortable and spacious, the ocean front balcony room did not disappoint, as the views were a sight to enjoy. Even the small kitchenette was a nice touch, fully stocked with a refrigerator that had an ice machine, nice touch, as we did not have to leave the room for ice. The room even had a Samsung Galaxy Tab that was fun to play with and a working Internet! This review was not just my opinion but also other family members as we had a party of 10 that stayed in 3 rooms and every room was the same, top notch! One room was a 2-room suite with a separate “living room”, very nice, the other rooms had 2 queen beds, and the bathrooms were huge and clean. Sitting out on the balcony nightly was a nice way to relax after a busy day.

Every time we entered the resort we were welcomed by any employee that saw us, most by name, the nightly turndown was icing on the cake. Called for some extra towels and they were up in minutes and never had to ask for more, even the maids came around to ask if there was anything we may need. The beach was across the street and was fun, even had 2 complementary drink coupons for us! The location was right in the middle of every thing. When we go back to Fort Lauderdale we will definitely be back, this is our new favorite Resort, did I say we enjoyed every minute of our stay here?

Thanks Atlantic Resort & Spa for a wonderful stay and am looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: Get a Ocean Front room, you will love it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelFaninNM

Dear TravelFaninNM,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and extensive review. We are pleased that we were able to accomplish our daily goal to WOW our guests! It is nice to know that everyone in your group enjoyed their time with us and that our attentive staff were always there to help. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We loved every minute of our stay here (2 nights). If you can get the Penthouse Suite, it is wonderful - with 2 complete master suites, jacuzzi in each etc. full kitchen and dining room and of course, private elevator.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are quieter - Ocean view is spectacular -
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SuzieC147
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear SuzieC147,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and are elated to hear that your stay with us was outstanding and breathtaking! We look forward to your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Our experience just wasn't that great. Having said that, the managers on duty tried, with a bit of an attitude, to make it right.
Our first room did not having a working ice maker in the mini fridge. I have a medical issue where I need ice packs on a regular basis. The hotel does not have an ice machine though they will bring ice if you call room service. We discovered this once in the room and they sent a maintenance person up to look at the situation and he said they would have to switch out the unit. He assured us we should go to the pool and he would take care of it. When we returned later, we opened the refrigerator and were overwhelmed with a bad odor, and no ice yet. They put our food back into a dirty, moldy, smelly refrigerator. So we moved to another room of the same type. We thought that was all good until we decided to retire around 10 pm to read and watch television. Unbelievably the heavy wooden headboard was not attached to the wall or to the bed frame. One could not move without it banging against the wall. We called the front desk and they sent an engineer. He was incredulous that this could happen but said he could fix it in 30 minutes. He had a bunch of power tools but absented himself from the room for a bit. The manager on duty showed up and helped the engineer by holding the headboard while the drilling and securing went on. They finally left after 10:30 and I dusted some wood chips off the pillow and gave it a go.
The next morning we negotiated with the night manager's boss and were upgraded to a lovely ocean front suite with a full kitchen. Still, 3 rooms for a two night stay with tons of luggage is a bit much.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear East12,

Thank you so much for your feedback and review. We truly apologize your stay with us had a rocky start and that you had to move rooms because of it. We really appreciate your comments because it helps us address these issues and make sure they do not happen again. However, we are glad one of our managers was able to give you a wonderful upgrade and that the rest of your stay was satisfactory. We hope you come back and see us again as we are sure we can definitely make the second time around a smooth sail.