“This is really a great hotel. Recommended to anyone!”

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I arrived late on March 16th, after checking in and getting into the room, I wanted to get a glass of wine. The bar had just closed but a manager came and opened it back up for me. I only stayed one night as I was heading to the Oasis of the Seas the next day. Before we headed to the port, we spent the morning and early afternoon in the pool. It was a perfect morning. This hotel should be included in the Luxury World Hotels! www.lwh.com

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank hyperone
Jennifer U, Director of Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Hyperone,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It is such a pleasure to hear we were a great start to your wonderful vacation. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Jennifer Urena

Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed April 8, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in early January with another couple and found the hotel to be absolutely wonderful. Not only was it one of the CLEANEST hotels we've ever stayed in, it also had some of the nicest hotel staff I've ever encountered -- particularly the restaurant and bar staff. Excellent, excellent service. I would return again just for that reason.

In addition, the hotel is also in one of the best spots in all of Fort Lauderdale right on Fort Lauderdale beach. It's in walking distance to many great restaurants and Las Olas is just a quick cab ride away.

Our room was at least 800 or 900 square feet and was a beautiful suite with a wonderfully huge bathroom. The balcony was also fabulous and had an incredible view. While we didn't have an Ocean front room, we had an Ocean View room and found this to actually have an even better view than our friends in the "Ocean Front" room.

I think the rate when we stayed here was around $400 USD per night so we used 24,000 AAdvantage miles per night instead. Considering we also got a $50 daily food and bev credit with this rate (and the fact that it was a very spacious suite) we considered this to be a good value.

Next time we're back in Fort Lauderdale we'll definitely stay at this property. It's just all around great. It's in the perfect spot and not too loud or crazy like some of the neighboring hotels (i.e. the W). It's just classic, tasteful, trendy and wonderful. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The ocean view room may actually be better than the ocean front room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GoKokoTravel
Jennifer U, Director of Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear GoKoko,

We are so happy to read that your stay with us was outstanding! It is great to hear that not only the hotel, the location, the restaurants and atmosphere was true enjoyment, but that our number one pride, our staff was the best part of all! Our staff is what really makes us stand out from the rest. We hope to see you soon so we can welcome you back with open arms.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Great room with large flat screen, free use of Samsung tablet, great free wifi, room came with a microwave, 2-ring cooker, fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, cutlery, sink & full stocked mini bar. Hotel offers free  use of pool & sauna & steam room. However, air con in room was poor. The rooms offer a free safe, dressing room area, large bathroom with bath & separate shower & double sinks. Hot water in bathroom is a bit of an issue as it doesn't reach a temperature that makes wet shaving possible. But there is a kettle in the bedroom that does allow you to heat your own water. Also the water doesn't really get hot enough to enjoy a hot bath or shower. The turndown service was poor as the maid came round about 7:30. We thought the valet service was expensive at $28. We found the reception desk staff not very helpful (no attempt to obtain bubble wrap that I required and they were unable to turn off a 2am alarm left on Samsung tab). Room came with free continental breakfast (what you actually got was a $30 allowance which gives you the option of having something other than a continental breakfast) and a $15 voucher for drinks in the hotel bar. Position of hotel is right across road to the beach, but it is about a 15 minute walk from the main area of Fort Lauderdale. All in all a decent hotel if you're looking for a good quality hotel in a slightly quieter area of Fort Lauderdale

2  Thank Blackcountryblue

Dear Blackcountryblue,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you found us to be of great quality and that your overall stay was good. We do apologize for the issues you encountered as it does not resemble the quality of customer service we offer our guests on a daily basis. The issues you expressed were addressed and we hope you come back and see us soon so that we can turn this experience around.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

My rating on this hotel is in comparison to other hotels I have stayed at that book themselves as 4*-5* luxury hotels. The rooms here in high season go for $400-$500 and on up. For that money, I expect a lot. If the rooms were significantly less I wouldn't be as harsh in my review.
I'll start with the positives:
-The rooms are really nice. The beds were super comfortable, balcony was nice, kitchen area had everything we needed,bathroom, especially the shower,was excellent.
-Valet service was excellent. Yes, they charge $28/nt., but so do all the other hotels on the beach(except Lago Mar).
-The restaurant, East End Brasserie, was excellent for breakfast and dinner.The dinner menu is limited, but what we had was very good.Nice atmosphere, and loved the outdoor dining.Bar area is nice too.
-The young lady that was in the Boutique the 2 days we went in was extremely friendly and helpful.
-coffee and water available in the lobby
-The concierge was very friendly
Now the not so good:

-Pool Area: This is just not the type of pool area I like. The pool was very small and the area very bland. No beautiful tropical flowers and trees. Do you want to swim before 9:30 a.m., or after 6pm? Well you can, but there won't be any towels available. Want to sit by the pool with a tropical drink after 6? No luck again-the pool bar closes at 6. The area after this time is a mess. Dirty dishes just left out, as well as towels all around not picked up until the next day.
-Housekeeping: Just OK. I would say our room was not vacuumed during our whole stay by the looks of the obvious dirt on the carpet.
Are they short on face clothes here? Only 1 was left in our room 2 of the days , and we had to call down for more.
-internet and phone reception poor. In our room and all over the hotel my calls were dropped.
-Service-pretty poor in my opinion except in the above mentioned people.When we checked in, we were basically just told our room number and the time the restaurant is open.No problem,usually there is a book in the room that tells you all about the hotel,room service menus and spa services. It would be nice to mention to guests that there is a tablet now in each room that replaces a book and tells you all of this. Maybe even ask guests if they need to be shown how to use it. Later, we did notice one on the check-in counter,so it would be good to point this out to guests. So the tablet is a great idea, except ours didn't work.No problem, we told them at the desk and were told it would be fixed right away.Next day, still not fixed. Reported it to another front desk staff.Afternoon, still not fixed. Talked to another front desk person who said it would be fixed right away. I also asked that if it can't be fixed to let us know so we could get some room service menus.Came back at night-no message, still not fixed. Talked to the front desk manager, Jennifer, the next day, and it was fixed in no time. Seems it was an easy fix, so why it took til the 3rd day to be fixed, who knows. Also, I found the front desk staff, besides Jennifer, to not be that friendly-they really didn't even smile at all.
-It would be nice if they would tell guests that there is complimentary coffee and water in the lobby.It's not obvious, as it is tucked around a corner. I found this out from another guest on Trip Advisor.
All in all, I would probably not stay here again. To me, the Marriott Harbor Beach, Hilton Beach, and Lago Mar(and I have stayed at them all) are far better choices.

Room Tip: Oceanfront, 9th floor or above to avoid being directly over the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JD3
Jennifer U, Director of Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Dear JD3,

Thank you for your extensive review. We appreciate receiving positive and not so positive comments from all our guests because it only helps us improve and make sure that on your next visit, you have an exceptional stay as that is what we always strive for. Your comments will be reviewed by the different departments in our wonderful establishment. However, it is great to know there were a lot of aspects of your stay that were wonderful and that I was able to assist you with your concerns in a timely manner.
We hope you do come back and see us very soon!

Jennifer urena

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. We spent one night in an ocean view suite on a higher level and loved it. The room was clean & comfortable and the bathroom was cool. Loved having a balcony to sit & relax. Downsides: didn't like the fact that you have no choice but to use valet parking, which is a daily charge on top of the room charge. If the cost of the rooms wasn't so high then the parking cost may not have been a bother. Would we stay again? Maybe; we'd look for something a bit more economical next time.

1  Thank sue220wi
Jennifer U, Director of Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Sue220wi,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a great time on your one night stay with us. We do hope you do consider returning and visiting us very soon as in the summer time we do have great specials and packages you might want to take advantage of.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

This was a 10 year wedding anniversary celebration for my husband and I. It was amazing. Upon arrival we found the staff to be excellent, and very professional. We had signed up with Preffered Hotels which is worth doing, because we were able to upgrade to a suite, however we decided on the original plan which was King Oceanfront. You can see the ocean as you walk into your room. It was breathtaking. Our room also overlooked the pool which was great too. Very pretty.
My suggestion to anyone staying at the beach, is to do yourself a favor and buy a beach chair at the local CVS which is 3/4 of a mile into town. It was worth it, the beach charges $10 for chairs and $20 for umbrellas. I was lucky enough that my beach chair actually fit in my luggage, so no loss there. While you are CVS pick up some snack, because the minibar is outrageous. if you would like a candy bar, it's $5 and a 20% restocking fee! Wow!
The room was breathtaking, plush white bedding, soft pillows and temperature was always comfortable. Bathrooms are beautiful, I soaked in a bath every night I was there.
My husband and I enjoyed the pool area. Very quite and relaxing, there was music playing but if you tuck yourself into a corner, you can barely hear it.
Concierge Sheryl Luke is an asset to the hotel. Incredibly friendly and knowledgable about the area. She gave us great tips on restaraunts and sightseeing.
A restaraunt the we really enjoyed was Cafe Casablanca just a short walk from there. Very quaint, not a ton of options, but the atmosphere was nice and the options were quite nice.
They have coffee in the main lobby every morning which I frequented.
I have not complaints about this hotel what so ever. We plan to return, it was for sure a 5 star in our minds.

Room Tip: Ask for Oceanfront with balcony
8  Thank Allyson M
Jennifer U, Director of Front Office at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Dear Allyson M,

Thank you for your wonderful and insightful review. Sheryl is amazing and we take great pride in having her on our team! She is very experienced in the Fort Lauderdale area and beyond which truly gives our guests that best experience in town. We look forward in welcoming you back for your next anniversary and sooner!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Nice place..Stayed at the Atlantic for 7 nights...Great room...Nice Staff.....4 star plus....East End Brasserie food was excellent...Umbrella rental at the beach alittle pricey at $50.00 per day. Cab ride from thr Airport $28.00....One last thing... Ft Lauderdale Airport is real busy on Saturdays and Sundays because of all the cruise ships comming and going.. Fly Frist Class you will not have to wait in a bunch of long lines....I flew Delta..

Room Tip: When making your Reservation ask for Ocean FRONT......Not ocean VIEW... There is a big differnce...
1  Thank leeon3

Dear Leeon3,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Atlantic. We are happy to hear that staying with us made your Ft. Lauderdale stay a complete success. We hope to welcome you back very soon with more sun and fun!