We traveled and spent the week here for spring break with our family of 5 plus an extra friend. We have spent the past few years at Disney for spring break and the kids opted to just spend the week at the beach. It was very busy, but very enjoyable for us! The hotel was amazing! The kids (9,14,17,17) loved it! We had adjoining ocean view suites and we had much more room than I expected. The bathrooms are huge! with large showers, double sinks, tubs, and a separate toilet room. The only time we felt cramped was the one morning that we ordered room service and all tried to sit and eat around the coffee table. The food in the restaurant was very good, and we ate most meals there for convienance. Even though $150 for 6 for breakfast is a little more than I like to spend. The french toast and eggs benedict were favorites with the kids. We learned after a few mornings to grab the complimentary coffee in the lobby instead of ordering at restaurant.
One plus to the crowds during busy times, is that the hotel to the south of this one has been sitting vacant for a few years, so that helps with the crowds on the beach, since there is no one from that hotel out in front of it. And if you have a room that faces that hotel it is nice and quiet. Now the hotel (well actually more a motel) on the north side, makes up for the noise level. We witnessed coach buses rolling in and out of there every night and the music was quite loud from their bar. Many college kids were staying there.
The kids loved the Samsung 'tablets' (similar to an IPad) available in the room, my 9 year old son, played games on it quite a bit. The older kids had brought their laptops and the wi-fi worked well. I loved sitting on the balcony in the evening with a laptop and a glass of wine. (that was the extent of my spring break partying! haha!)
As far as needing a car when staying here...depends on if you plan to spend the time just on the beach or do other things. Many things are walkable to, but they are a 'walk', like the closet 7-11 to buy refreshments was a good mile round trip to the north or there was a CVS just a little under a mile away to the south. The Galleria mall is a really nice shopping mall with major department stores and is just a little over a mile. The Sawgrass Outlet mall is about 15 miles away. We rented a mini-van since hailing a cab is a little more difficult when you have 6 people. The valet service was very efficient and personable. My husband dealt with the ladies at the concierge desk a number of times and they were very helpful with arranging bicycles to be deiivered to the hotel for us to use, and snorkeling and parasailing activities.
Hotel has a wonderful spa and a nicely equipped workout room, that we used a few times to work off all the food we were eating! Pool is up on the 5th floor, so nice and private. Nice little business center with a flight status monitor to quickly check your flights and to print out your boarding passes.
We very much enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique property located on Fort Lauderdale Beach with panoramic ocean views and a focus on personalized service. Spacious rooms and luxury amenities make this property the perfect retreat for business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale