“View trumps the food”

15th Street Fisheries
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For an authentic waterfront experience of food and fun, visit 15th Street Fisheries directly inside the city’s famous nautical landmark Lauderdale Marina. Dine on the waterfront but stay for the nightly tarpon feedings on the restaurant’s docks.
Orlando, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“View trumps the food”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a privy place for average seafood. The bread appetizer is great but the fish plates can be hit or miss. I have had good food but more average than good. It does have nice atmosphere but they could improve on the food.

2 Thank Bigfishlaw

“Part of the Ft.Lauderdale experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I absolutely love the 15th street fisheries. I recommend dining downstairs;the prices are MUCH lower and the food(in my opinion) is better. However, upstairs has a SPECTACULAR view, so if you are willing to spend a good amount of money, go for it. This restaurant is so family friendly! I come here with my two toddlers and they love feeding the big tarpon on the dock! You can buy some frozen shrimp from the dock store and let the kids have at it! They can also feed koi in the koi pond for 25 cents. They recently added a fish tank with several lionfish, which is pretty neat. The menu has a lot of great options. I HIGHLY recommend dining here(:

Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Kids liked feeding the Tarpon”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I like to keep my daughter out of the sun when it's really hot and sunny, so this was a nice activity to get the kids out of the house for something fun and different.

We were a group of 9 adults and 4 children (2-6 yo). We bought two bags of frozen shrimp for $3 each at the little shop that's on the dock. We walked down to the dock closer to water level and broke the shrimp into a few pieces. I threw the pieces onto the dock and the kids picked them up and threw them to the fish. Lots of big fish splashing as they jumped for the food. Probably spent 20 minutes between feeding the fish and watching others do so.

Caution that there is no railing at the lower dock. A child was running and accidentally knocked a person in our group into the 4 year old who then almost fell into the water. It was a scare.

We then ate at the restaurant. Waitstaff wasn't very attentive nor friendly and seemed annoyed at times. Overall the food wasn't special but there was a decent variety on the menu. I ordered the spinach salad that was actually very good as was the sangria. There were kids meals offered as well as crayons and coloring sheets. After eating, the kids occupied themselves standing by a fenced railing watching people feed the fish. Note though that they can climb the fence so you have to watch them.

We were there for an early dinner, but I heard that they light up the water at night so you can see all the fish.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank nagiffag
Springfield, Illinois
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Good food and feed the tarpon”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We ate outside in the lower level so the grands could watch the waterway, boats and eventually go feed the fish. A great dinner which we were celebrating a birthday....conch chowder was really good and we tried many of the apps with crocodile being one of the faves. Shrimp was great too! Salad with bleu cheese was excellent. Then the kids had waited long enough and we bought tarpon food and went down to let the kids throw the food to the tarpon. It was a feeding frenzy...the kids loved it! Be careful if you have really little ones as you don't want them to fall in and the birds will swoop to get the food if you don't stay active with it....we had 5 and 8 year olds and they loved seeing the fish go after the food. And no one fell in! You can get here by the water taxi or a cab or a van from your hotel which is what we did. There is valet parking also.

Visited July 2012
FL Boca raton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“15th Street Fisheries wasn't good at all”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I invite my wife and mom for dinner.
Table and chairs wasn't clean. Place itself didn't look clean at all.
There was a strong smell of kitchen inside and nice view outside. Small tiny tables for 4 people.
I ordered dish described as the best choice for 30 years in this restaurant.
Usually we ordered different meals to compare the taste.
But ingredients from the menu mad our choice.
My wife was discussed with the best dish. Mom pretended looking for something in the plate.
I optimistically eat dinner because I was hungry. Later I couldn’t understand why I would do it.
The evening was ruin