All reviews north beach village resort two blocks mid century bonnet house full kitchen small kitchen short walk to the beach sunrise blvd pool towels galleria mall across the street lauderdale beach las olas water taxi pools ft motel
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

We were among Tranquilo’s early guests several years ago and loved their concept and hospitality. Unfortunately, the hotel seems to have changed ownership and/or management, much for the worse.

Maintenance is poor, and cheap materials used in renovations are now obvious. Corners seem cut at every opportunity, and rooms don’t seem clean. Pizza spilled on the pool deck remained for hours. Hardware on bathroom sink is loose.

All in all, not coming back.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Medea7
Reviewed March 8, 2019

Upon checking in at the hotel, we were shown a ground floor room that was totally unacceptable: very dingy, closet door missing, window screen knocked out, and no room safe (after being assured by phone call the previous day that a safe was available).
To their credit, front desk staff reassigned us to a second floor room which was a one-bedroom (our original reservation had been for a studio) which was much better in terms of cleanliness, although the TV was stuck on one channel (MTV-groan) and a call to the front desk produced no help. It was equipped with kitchen facilities which was a plus, but the bed was low and so soft it was impossible to get a good night's sleep. Add to that a very noisy wall-mounted AC unit that had to be turned off a night to get any sleep.

Room tip: Recommend staying on second floor despite having to carry luggage up stairs
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2019

The location was great, in that it was a very short and unobstructed walk to the beach. I have stayed on other stretches of Fort Lauderdale beach where you had to walk a long way to get to a street with public beach access. It was also within walking distance to the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens if your itinerary involves a visit there. Also, just a few blocks from Sunrise Blvd., which takes you off the coast and to many retail stores. The staff was very friendly. They loaned me a beach chair and pointed out all the related properties and businesses. My room itself could have been a little cleaner and was showing some wear and tear, but this was expected. The window unit AC did a decent job and everything worked. The bed was low to the ground and had no box spring, but the mattress was quite comfortable. I also liked the blackout drapes. I thought the room price was high, but this is an expensive time to travel to the area. My room at a chain hotel in Coconut creek where I had business was 2.5 times the normal price. I would stay here again, but there is another place I prefer to stay. It was sold out.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2019

We booked the Tranquillo months ago for a pre cruise stay. At the time TA reviews were positive and hotels were booking quickly given the number of cruise ships departing in Feb. Just before we left we did notice that reviews had changed but it was too late to change.
We had three rooms booked and were allocated near each other.
Our room was basic, three coat hangers, on checking the bathroom the shower grouting was missing and we were faced by a considerable number of small flies on the ceiling and walls. I informed reception but nothing was done and it was late and we were tired after a long flight from the UK. I managed to wash away the flies but they were back the following morning. I again asked reception to spray the bathroom but again nothing done. We spent the day away from the hotel, the flies had increased again on our return. That evening around midnight I was awoken by noise outside on our room, a large group of men chatting and drinking, loud music in the room next door, girls shouting, then running down the corridoor. This went on for several hours befire we heard one girl being sick and the other crying. Another guest asked them to be quiet on several occasions but got short shrift. He went to reception where there should be 24 hour security, no one there. Next morning before we departed we complained to reception, the manager was not there before we left. The two girls in the room next to us were 19 years old so under age to drink alcohol and were obviously partying with the men, I wonder what Florida police would have done. On leaving I explained I wanted compensation for this and also the lackf response to the fly situation,they said they had sprayed but why were they back again on the morning we left. On a positive note we have received some compensation on our return home. Will we return again, I very much doubt it. Such a shame as the location was good.

Room tip: 5203 to be avoided .
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank BlackpoolWillows2
Reviewed February 16, 2019

Location is good, a couple of blocks from the beach. Quiet area at night.

But we have been very disappointed by the room: kind of run down when you look at details, and major lack of cleanliness (especially for the floor).

Reception desk was closed when we arrived, and we had to wait. Internet was also extremely slow. Aircon is noisy. No breakfast service available on-site. Parking costs $10 per day.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends