“Can I go back yet?!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Can I go back yet?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was absolutely amazing. The room was modern, chic, and clean. The staff was so nice and friendly. The pools were heated and the location next to the beach and near Beach place (a popular area to go out in Fort Lauderdale) truly were unbeatable for such a reasonable price!
It was a great experience and I will definitely be staying here again!
I highly recommend!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

this place has it all from the staff to the rooms. even though its not on the beach it is less then a 2 min walk. from the moment you walk into the office your vacation begins. kimberly checked us in and she had a great personality and was so wonderful. we stayed in a 1 bedroom queen room. these rooms are so clean sheek modern and fully stocked all the way down to dish soap in the kitchen. everyone is so attentive to you and really make you feel like a vip. we had only planned for one day and actually stayed for a second night cause we love it that much. the queen one bedroom is great. we had our 2 kids with us and it was perfect. there was a tv in the sitting area a tv in the space acroos the room and a tv in the bedroom. so much space and so freaking clean so impressive. when we stayed a second night the housekeeper was so kind she knocked on the door and saw there four guest and with out us asking she brought more towels soap rags etc. loved that. sunday morning the other lovely lady in the office sorry didnt get her name brought out drinks and frozen grapes and served them poolside. awesome. if you stay here you wonrt be disappointed. everyone one here takes care of you. wewill be back again this place is amazing. thank you kimberly and the other lady in the office who made our check in so pleasant. thank you to housekeeping for taking the time to bring us extra towels without being asked and thank you to the matience man who came to the recue.

Room Tip: every room is a good clean room no matter which one you choose you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank judy s
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found the Tranquilo in Fort Lauderdale through guest reviews on TA - and how right they proved to be! Our journey should never have taken us to Fort L in the first place but we had a horrific experience at a (supposedly RCI Gold Crown) resort on Singer Island further up the coast(the West Palm Beach Resort - avoid at all costs) and had to leave after one night.

Once we escaped the dingy environs of Singer Island (sounds so nice but definitely is NOT) we travelled down the beautiful A1A road to Fort L and were delighted to find two amazing places to stay - the Pillars (really fab but a little pricey) and then the Tranquilo. This is a very affordable, new hotel with large airy rooms and white, bright decor in a contemporary style. Not expensively done (things did have a habit of breaking off, such as the loo roll holder, and the air con was rumbustious to say the least!) but clean and comfortable in a great location just a couple of blocks from the sea. Two pools and laundry facilities completed the picture.

The staff are very welcoming and helpful - thank you Amanda and Kimberley for everything you did and for running this hotel so professionally. We thoroughly enjoyed our brief time with you and would certainly look you up again if we revist Fort L. We also stole your frozen grapes as ice cubes idea and have brought that home with us to the UK - although sadly we don't have the weather here to really need ice cubes anyway...

Room Tip: Depends what you need. We had a 'studio' but that was still huge with one king and one quee...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. We came from a hotel that was about twice the price (which was gorgeous) nearby, so quite an act to follow. The Tranquilo lived up to our expectations and the staff were very pro-active, and couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was enjoyable. A great place, close to the beach, and a lot of effort as gone in to make it modern and comfortable.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank John P
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night this past Saturday. Overall a very nice property. When we arrived we were greeted very warmly by Kimberly! Offered us an upgraded room for $10 more so we took it. She gave us maps of the area, 2 bottles of water and personally showed us to our room which was a very nice touch! You can tell this hotel had recently been remodeled. The room was big with a king-sized bed, kitchenette, a little dining table and a flat screen tv. Everything was VERY clean. I mean, impeccably clean and very modern which I happen to like. The hotel is only 1 block from the beach and within walking distance to most things in Ft. Lauderdale. You really can't beat the location and they have free parking. That is something that is very rare these days. Now, onto just a couple of things that were negative for us. Firstly, the bathroom. I'm a little over 5'8" and my husband is almost 6' tall so, it was very difficult for us to sit on the toilet and face forward. My feet hit the shower and my knees were in the shower curtain. Just simply not enough room and the sink was very small. No counter space. When you opened the door to the bathroom it almost hit the sink so there really is no room to make it larger. The walk-in shower was HUGE and clean which was lovely, however, there is no shelving in the shower for toiletries. They have a shampoo dispenser on the wall of the shower but that's it. So, the bathroom was just awkward. That, and the toilet paper holder kept falling off the wall. I did forget to mention this to management so I hope the cleaning person saw it and had someone fix it. The only other negative was the mattress. I like firm mattresses but this was just a little too firm for me. I kept waking up every hour or so because I was sore from sleeping in one position. My husband also thought the mattress was uncomfortably firm. Anyway, other than the bathroom and the mattress, it really is a wonderful hotel. The next time we go back, we will definitely consider staying here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank golfgal5674
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Tranquilo, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
golfgal5674,
Thanks so much for your detailed review. We love hearing about what our guests enjoyed at Tranquilo, and it's extremely important for us to know about the things we can improve on. We will definitely look into the items you mentioned and are already looking forward to your next visit! Thanks again, NBVR
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I were in Ft. Lauderdale for a friend's 40th birthday celebration this past weekend. My husband's birthday was in a week and we wanted to spend some time together just the two of us. My research online took me to Tranquilo and it looked great on Tripadvisor. I booked it and when we arrived we were met by Amanda at the door to the office. She was very friendly while making sure we had all the information we needed, She offered us a choice of two rooms based on our input. You can tell upon arrival that the property had been recently renovated. There are 2 beautiful pools with ample seating serving the 2 buildings that make up the property. Each building has two floors. We chose the top floor and were given a corner unit, the deluxe king studio.

As we walked in we were dazzled by the brightness of the room and the simple clean lines of the furnishings. The walls and furnishings are white except for a few accents. We loved the terrazzo floors! It felt as if we were the first ones to stay in the room, it was so clean and everything was new. There were 2 flat screen TVs, one in the living room area and one in front of the king size bed. The kitchenette had a small fridge/freezer, a 2 burner stovetop built into the cabinetry, microwave and sink, along with ample cupboard space. All kitchenware was provided. If you have ever been to IKEA you will recognize their stamp on the decor.

The beach is 2 short blocks away. We had dinner at Seasons 52 in the Galleria Mall which was a 5 minute drive away. There are numerous places to eat, drink and be merry along the beachfront.

Back inside our little hideaway we spent a relaxing evening and felt very safe. WiFi was sporadic so in the end we abandoned trying to get online. Things were very quiet. We even hung out outside our room for a while looking at the stars and just enjoying the Florida warmth. We both wish we could have stayed there a whole week as it really was what I had hoped for when I booked. It exceeded my expectations and we have already told our friends about it. We will definitely be back!

NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Tranquilo, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Sharon C,
Happy late birthday to your husband! Why don't you let us help you plan his next birthday? We can accommodate large parties or help with a romantic weekend for two. We can even do the catering! That way you never have to leave! Thanks again, see you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just a block from the beach in Fort Lauderdale I found a most exquisite hotel. Completely remodeled with an Art Deco feel this place is great! The rooms are spacious and comfortable. And they are also exceptionally clean. Something I look for in the many hotels I stay in. Amanda, who was the girl who helped me out, was absolutely wonderful. She was friendly, overly helpful, and very accommodating to all of my needs. She really made me feel like I was home. Great personality, awfully cute and she does a great, great job! I really loved my stay here and will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013