“Great place”
Review of Tranquilo

Tranquilo
Ranked #50 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Simple, clean, updated and wonderful friendly manager...and staff.
We enjoyed or 3 nights there, close to beach ( 3 blocks walking distance) free parking

If you are looking for something different than a big - large hotel... that's the place to go

Thanks

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miky J

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Nothing to complain, very nice place, has got everything you need.
Beach is 5 min walking distance.
Forget South Beach, Fort Lauderdale beach is way more relaxed. And the restaurants are better!

Thats all i wish to say, but unfortunately Tripadvisor has somekind of new policy that a review has to have a minimum amount of words. So.....

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Moos1983
Info1000, Owner at Tranquilo, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

0moos0,
Thanks for your review. We thought it was perfect; short, sweet and pro North Beach! Thanks so much for staying with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Lost my purse at a near by restaurant, Peter did some heavy duty Barney Fife work and saved our entire trip from becoming a disaster. He called us at 1:00 in the morning and then offered to delivery my purse to our room. Room was great, restaurant was very attentive and Peter was just awesome. Went on to enjoy our cruise, had I not had my passport, my husband would have picked my up from the homeless shelter after his return from the ship. Thank you, Thank you! Peter.....

Room Tip: Very nice boutique hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Debbie W

Debbie W,
We're so happy that we were able to help resolve what was surely a nervewracking experience. Peter is awesome and always goes above and beyond for our guests, and that includes keeping our guests out of homeless shelters! Thanks so much for your kind review. See you soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pluses: We had a FULL KITCHEN. For us, this was the most important thing. Nice staff. Really clean rooms. Close to the main avenue A1A and all the restaurants. I believe parking on site was free

Minuses: Cheap, cheap, cheap furnishings. Bring a sleep mask since the blinds don't keep out light nor close all the way. But the price is so reasonable I can forgive that. The closest is located inside of the bathroom. I did have any problems with hanging my clothes in their, but the person I stayed with was really worried about the moisture possibly causing damage. Again, I didn't have any problems.

They offer rooms upstairs and downstairs (no elevator) so having a choice is good. Studios and 1 bedrooms. Small pool on property, but you also have a beach less than 3 blocks away. When I made my reservation, the person mentioned a view from my room, but she was mistaken. At any rate, I saw they started building another property across the street so they are expanding. This was a cool place to stay. If you forgot anything, I found a Walgreen's and a mall on Sunrise Blvd - only a 5 minute drive.

Supermarket choices: I am fine with a regular grocery store. Publix is about a 7 minute drive away right on Sunrise, If you prefer organic food (like the person I stayed with) there is a Whole Foods about 15 min away North on Federal hwy 1.

If you choose not to drive, be prepared to do some serious walking either to Sunrise or down to Las Olas to find other shops or restaurant choices. There is a bus (#11) but I'm not sure how often it runs Search the web for Broward County Transit for more info. There is also a water taxi for transportation up and down the beautiful intercoastal waterway

Room Tip: Remember what I said about the cheap blinds. Don't walk around with a towel or coverup. Anyone...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cptravelmaven

cptravelmaven,
It's always nice to hear from a local. Thanks so much for your review. Located directly across the street, Tranquilo is the newest member in our collection of boutique hotels. As you mentioned, we are expanding. Just think, even more to love in North Beach Village! We hope that you can come visit us again soon and enjoy another cool experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is obviously an old motel from the 60s or so that has been updated with modern furnishings and fresh paint. It was clean and nice and the staff was friendly. The location is OK. It's only a couple of blocks from the beach and you can walk to some other restaurants, though at night it might be a tad uncomfortable if you're alone. Overall, I would definitely be back. I can't imagine how all the white paint and white furniture will hold up, but if they keep it well-maintained, this place is a great value. The only negative is lack of outlets! I had to re-arranged the furniture to plug in my cell phone! But, that's minor and doesn't detract from the stay. My biggest compliment is that it is clean! I had a grimy hotel, and this isn't!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank AJT5
Info1000, Owner at Tranquilo, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

AJT5,
Thanks very much for your review. We're always trying to improve and really appreciate your feedback. We hope that you'll come visit us again soon. When you do, you should check our new cafe, The Village Cafe. Guests can grab breakfast on their way to the beach, or enjoy a cool beverage after a day in the relaxing FL sun! Thanks again, NBV

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Cozy hotel just two blocks from the beach. The staff was wonderful and always ready to help. Very trendy decor and extremely clean. Quite evenings sitting by the pool. Enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend to friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Marryinky
Info1000, Owner at Tranquilo, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Marryinky,
Thanks so much for your review, and we appreciate you recommending the Ocean Gate to your friends! Let us know if you all plan a trip together. We can put together a special package to accommodate large parties! Thanks for staying with us, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at The Ocean Gate in mid-December 2012 with my girlfriend. It was our first time in Ft. Lauderdale. While it resembles more of a motel compared to the several high-rise, glitzier hotels nearby along the beach, this place served its purpose in offering a comfortble, affordable and pleasant stay. The rooms were very large and had a condo feel to it with a full-service kitchen, dining area and closet space. It seemed like it would be great for a family with kids or larger group who are looking to save money by not eating out every meal. The property is about a block from the ocean, which can be seen from the front of the hotel. I didn't use the pool, but it was right in front of where the rooms are. It seemed to be in good condition. The staff was very accommodating in helping set up transportation and giving information on the area. One thing to know is that the Hotel office closes after a certain time ( I think it was 9pm), so if checking in late, you are directed to go to the Aqua Hotel a few blocks south to get checked-in at the Ocean Gate. After checking-in, a staff member drove us back to the Ocean Gate which was a nice customer service move. The hotel is somewhat far to walk to the main area of dining and bars along the beach but cabs were inexpensive for this time of year and they seemed to be available without much of a hassle. There is an area closeby in which to grab food and drinks to the north on the other side of the Gardens that had several bars and restaurants adjacent to each other. The Ocean Gate met our expectations as a comfortable and basic place (no frills) in which to use as a base to explore the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BrianT90
Info1000, Owner at Tranquilo, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Brian T90,
We'd love to be your home base whenever you are in Fort Lauderdale! Thanks very much for your detailed review. We hope that you can visit us again soon. Take care, NBV