“Great Boutique B&B with an awesome pool area!”

Las Olas Guesthouse @15th Avenue
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the 15 FTL for 5 days by myself for rest and relaxation. Here is my honest and unbiased opinion of the 15 FTL:

First, I booked my room through Priceline.com and there was a problem with my foreign credit card. I was asked to call the hotel to resolve the issue. I had to use another credit card, but Walt the GM was very pleasant and even upgraded my room to a better one at no cost. Great customer service!

My room was very clean and had ample furniture and amenities: flat screen TV, microwave, wine glasses with opener, ice bucket, chairs, comfy bed, wardrobe closet with drawers, and table. The bathroom was very clean with a great tile shower. The hotel supplied high quality shampoo, soap, etc. The only thing I didn't like about the shower was the water pressure.

The outside pool area was very clean, had ample outdoor furniture, music, and was landscaped very nicely. The pool was very clean and heated at a comfy temperature. Fresh towels were provided everyday. The pool area was a very relaxing place!

A self serve breakfast was included in the price of the room and was a great way to start the morning. They supplied cereals, pastries, juices, coffee, and yogurts to name a few items. Ice was provided also.

Overall I was very pleased with the B&B and would highly recommend the place to others. The only thing I could complain about was the wifi signal. It was on the week side and I had to use a wifi extender to get better reception in my room and in the pool area.

Thanks Walt for a great place and experience!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gringo66
waltnnyc, General Manager at Las Olas Guesthouse @15th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the very kind words. We do try and help our guests make their experience in the area one to carry with them. We have a great property and location but it's our guests from around the world that truly make us who we are. I remember you and it was a pleasure to have you staying with us. If you get another chance to come see us from Peru please do and I wish you the best in your job and travels. Thank you again, Walt - GM 15 FTL Hotel

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My finance' and I stayed at the 15 FTL Guesthouse in May 2012. We were more than happy with the staff and the property! We wished we had been able to stay more than one night and we can't wait to come back. The property was well maintained and very clean. We loved the pool, the room and Walt! Thanks for a memorable and enjoyable stay:)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Corrie S
waltnnyc, Manager at Las Olas Guesthouse @15th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for the nice words and it was a pleasure to have met you even though it was brief. I wish you all the happiness in your new life together and come visit us again here at 15 FTL Hotel we'd be happy to see you again. Stay well and take care of each other, Walt - GM

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in Florida for a family medical emergency, and after the crisis passed, I rewarded myself with 2 nights at 15FTL. I was in room 3, about 5 steps to the heated pool. The room was so comfortable and stylish, great bed and shower. I walked to restaurants and a movie theater. Ed, who is one of the owners, is gracious and friendly. I tell people that I felt as if I was staying at a wealthy friends house. It was great, and I will return with my wife, who missed out on a great experience. Believe the positive reviews, and do not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 3 are right by the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank FF184

Thank you for the kind words and Ed appreciated the nice review. We always try and make our guests stay with us a pleasant one. We hope you'll continue to return as we continue our constant upgrading of rooms and the property. Consider this your own slice of Florida.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We enjoyed greatly a three-night stay and can only endorse previous comments; Room 1 by the pool is spacious, newly fitted out, and with a large shower room. The walled garden is the highlight - a good-sized, warm pool, surrounded by an attractive mix of seating, and Walt works diligently to keep the whole place immaculate. The location is excellent too - the buzz of Las Olas is a 20 minute walk through prosperous suburban streets, with the nearest beach a similar distance away. A little nearer is the Galleria Mall, with a superb branch of the Seasons 52 chain just outside, alongside several other restaurants. Walt charges a very fair price for all this comfort and convenience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roadboy
waltnnyc, General Manager at Las Olas Guesthouse @15th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

It's so kind of you to take the time to let others know about us here in Ft.Lauderdale. My business partner and I truely appreciate your kind words and you being such wonderful guests. I hope if your travels come our way again in the future you'll think of us here at 15 FTL Guesthouse/Hotel. We wish you the happiest of Holiday Greetings. Regards, Walt / 15 FTL

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My partner and I spent four nights at 15 FTL in mid-October before and after a trip to Key West. We were warmly welcomed by Walt, co-owner and manager, who showed us around the well-maintained property. 15 FTL has eight rooms all with individual entrances; four rooms are in the front and face the pool; four rooms on the other side face a courtyard. Rooms and baths have been completely updated after its renovation about two years ago by its current owners, and are immaculate. The walk-in showers are quite nice. The two rooms in which we stayed (rooms 2 & 4), as well as exterior and pool, are exactly as pictured on 15 FTL’s website.

Note: Readers should probably disregard reviews that are more than two years old (then the New Zealand House) as they are not relevant to 15 FTL’s current operation and maintenance.

Off-street parking by the entrance is free.

The self-serve breakfast is more than adequate. 15 FTL does not have a full kitchen and, therefore, cannot prepare cooked breakfasts.

WiFi works well in rooms and close to the building.

The location just off Sunrise Blvd, but far enough way to be quiet, is convenient for traveling east towards the beach or west towards Wilton Manors area. 15th Street on which 15 FTL is located goes south through Victoria Park to Los Olas. There is a Publix grocery store just across Sunrise along with a drugstore, etc., nearby. The Bonnet House is a short distance away just off Sunrise and is well-worth visiting. The large Galleria Mall is a short distance down Sunrise if mall-shopping is desired. Downside is that public transit options are limited, but that is true of the Fort Lauderdale area in general.

We hope that we can return over the winter as 15 FTL is a really nice and welcoming place to stay with Walt as its superb manager.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HMS46

Thank you very much for taking the time to let others know about our little slice of the Sunshine State. As you said in your review the location is close to everything Ft.Lauderdale has to offer. Because of this I think we get a great mix of people like your selves from all over the world and I get to meet each and every one of you when I'm here. Please do come visit us again and we wish you a Happy Holiday Season. Regards, Walt/ 15 FTL

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed 3 nights last July. The place impressed me with it`s beauty and hospitality.
The owners incorporated lots of personal touches and attention to details.
It`s very clean, convenient and tropical. Elegant decor and logical kitchen solutions are a big plus.
Great value for the money. I think 15 FTL is the best, cozy, small, tropical little hotel in Fort Lauderdale...................AND THE OWNERS ARE AWSOME !!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jola
Walt K, General Manager at Las Olas Guesthouse @15th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let others know you enjoyed 15 FTL Guesthouse/Hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you are looking for a small, affordable very well kept place in ft lauderdale then this is it. The new owners have done a great job renovating the property and everything is very clean and comfortable. Walt who runs the place is a great guy. Very helpful and accomodating. The location is also great with everything right at your doorstep. I have been back here many times over the past months and continue to enjoy it again and again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank EVickers
Walt K, General Manager at Las Olas Guesthouse @15th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let others in your area know about our guesthouse/hotel. The fact we are a smaller property does allow for a more intimate atmosphere. Most people feel it's their own tropical oasis in Ft.Lauderdale. I'm so glad each time you've been able to enjoy your stay with us. It's always a pleasure to see you.