“It's all about the Balls!”
Review of Rice and Dough

Rice and Dough
Ranked #303 of 1,358 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

It started with a bottle of Flacco and it was on from there!

They were hosting a party that night, but luckily, they were able to find a table in the back; privacy was a definite plus in that.

I was intrigue by the restaurant because of the Japanese and Italian concept and I was curious to see how that would work. I made it work by ordering a roll as an appetizer. Can't remember what it was which means it wasn't that memorable, but it was good enough.

For my main, I switched to Italian and had the Lasagna which was quite good and might I add homemade. The layers merged together in a pleasant way.

However, the star of the night were the Kobe Meatballs which were truly delicious and super moist.

In the end, I am not sure how well the Japanese and Italian concept works, but it did get me in the door and although I wouldn't recommend the Japanese and I wouldn't come here looking for an authentic Italian experience; it is a chill spot for some food, wine and friends.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The "kryptonite" sushi roll is a MUST HAVE! The owners are super nice, food is GREAT, service is also pleasant. This is a good spot for locals because if where it is located and not crawling with tourists.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing! I have been lied to my whole life apparently about how sushi should be. The presentation was amazing, the flavors are fresh and exquisite, and the combos are eclectic. Service was great. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Also the best thing is that I have little siblings so we never get the chance to go out to eat sushi because the kids wont eat it so the fact that they have the dough portion of the menu is great! It's like they are here for us! Lol If you have a choice go here you will not be disappointed!!! I promise!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We tried lunch here today. The food was good and reasonably priced. The server was pleasant, however, he disappeared and seemed to ignore our table. The restaurant was not busy so I saw no reason why he could not have stopped by the table at least once after serving the food. The bigger problem with the restaurant is that their exhaust system does not remove the smell of cooking food. The whole restaurant is overwhelming in the smell and your clothes will definitely smell when you leave. If you are going out for the evening, this should not be your first stop!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We found Rice and Dough through Groupon and figured we would give it a try. We were wonderfully surprised. Its a small corner restaurant, with a very comfortable interior. The staff is welcoming and attentive. Even the chef came out to find out if everything was satisfactory! The only 'complaint' from our group was that the menu was so extensive they were having a difficult time deciding because everything sounded so tempting. The food was fresh, tasty, and enough to share. Our server Doug was knowledgeable and personable. Nobody rushed us and we will be back for more.