“Nice find off Las Olas” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rice and Dough
Ranked #310 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Pizza, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ft Lauderdale
“Nice find off Las Olas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a nice find for those visiting Ft Lauderdale and staying on or near Las Olas. This is a place where the locals eat as it has very good food and is a great value. Try the price fixed menu. They have it through September. The chopped salad for a starter is excellent and then chose from a really nice variety. Try the egg plant parm and the meat balls and the pizza is also nice
The wine that accompanies the price fixed is very nice especially the pino noir.
One of the better values.

• Visited July 2013

• Serbian first
Fort Lauderdale
“Maybe its Just Me...Might Give this Place a Second Try”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My date and I dined on a Groupon, This is sometimes tricky because many times the restaurant does not always state restrictions clearly as was the case here.

Upon arrival at around 7:00 on a weeknight the place was rather empty however we seemed to wait longer than what one would reasonably expect given the sparsity of customers.

Our initial reaction was that the seating was rather uncomfortable...especially for tall people. We actually changed seats twice but no luck.

The atmosphere was kind of confusing...as if trying to pull off being a REALLY chic sports bar...kind of an oxymoron if you ask me. The two styles/themes AND the music seemed to be competing with each other...none of which won me over.

Due to the aforementioned Groupon menu restrictions I was not able to sample the dishes I'd researched prior to dining, which was rather disappointing. Honestly I was not very impressed with much more than the wine & bread. However, as the title of my review states... "Maybe its just me..." Since we live within walking distance I think we'll give it another try...sans Groupon!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Got a groupon, never been then before but supper surprised it was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I bought two groupons last month and although this resturant is two blocks from our apartment my husband and I never went there but the groupon seemed like a good deal. We went to dinner there two nights ago and it was surprising really good! The portion sizes were pretty big, we split the capresse salad a nice bottle of wine and we both had the kyriptinate roll ( I might have spelled it wrong but it had spicy tuna and cream chesse) it was a little spicer than I would have liked it, but it was a really nice size roll. We ended the night with a really delicious canolli. We have one more groupon to use but I can see us becoming regulars here!

• Visited June 2013
Mars, Pennsylvania, United States
“GREAT pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

The chop chop salad we started with was AMAZING. So so good. We ordered a margherita pizza and chicken parm to share. The pizza had wonderfully melted fresh mozzarella and fresh basil. It was right on, with a crispy crust and oozing melty cheese. The chicken parm was, not only not good, but bad. We both took one bite and left the rest. We expected the manager (who stopped by our table) or the waitress to ask us what was the matter, but they never did. We felt bad complaining since we were eating on a groupon. The bad chicken didn't sour our experience, however, overall it was still REALLY good pizza and we had plenty left over to take home. So definitely go try it out, but don't order the chicken

• Visited May 2013
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Interesting menu, enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here w the family. Kids enjoyed the pizza. I had sushi. We had some cheeses and fresh baked bread as an app. All was quite good.

Service was both attentive but a bit forgetful and off. Ordered olives w the cheese and it never came. Ordered a cucumber roll for my son and it was never made until we asked a second time, after we noticed the sushi chef was not doing anything and we hadn't gotten it yet. The cheese app came out after the pizza - waiter said because the bread is freshly made (must take longer than pizza? It's in the app section of the menu tho so we thought it was coming first).

Regardless we really like the waiter. He seemed proud and excited about the food which is contagious. We really enjoyed the meal. Cool menu w Italian and Asian.

The place has a pretty funky vibe...low volume club type music, and overall a pretty modern, funky atmosphere. It didn't (to us at least) seem to fit the menu...would have predicted it to be a bit more homey.

It's a block away from the Main Street of down town Fort Lauderdale. We went Sat night at 6:40 and got in w no problem.

I'd recommend this place and I'd go back despite a few small issues.