“Worth Wondering Off the Main Strip” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Foxy Brown
Ranked #15 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Springboro, Ohio
“Worth Wondering Off the Main Strip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We searched Trip Advisor for a well rated restaurant to have dinner at on the main strip of Las Olas. This restaurant was ranked well, but off the main road of eateries. I'm so glad we decided to walk the extra few blocks! Everyone in our party of 6 loved this restaurant! It's a local secret, it appears! Excellent food, great prices and terrific service! We will definitely return on our next visit to Ft Lauderdale!

1 Thank Nicole N

Dania Beach, Florida
“Great except.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

A last minute decision to try a place we had not been before. A friendly server, pleasant decor, and moderate prices were a good start, as was free parking, a rarity in Fort Lauderdale.
The server made a good recommendation of a wine that was not overpriced, and introduced the day's specials. They were very interesting and tempting.
Looking for a lighter meal, I ordered a Nicoise Salad, the tuna was perfect, veggies fresh and the salad dressing perfect. All in all, very satisfying.
My dinner partner, asked to substitute the side from one entree offering for another, and was told the chef does not do that. Her steak was tender and perfectly cooked, and would have been that much better if served with spatzele as she wanted. Instead, she gave in to french fries which turned out to be frozen crinkle cut fries. Not impressive.
Other than a chef too stubborn to recognize he has chosen to be in the service business, the visit was good and I will likely return

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Pancake of the week!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

The atmosphere was amazing, coupled with the timely service and delicious food this will not be my last visit to Foxy Brown. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great dining experience.

• Visited December 2013
Saratoga Springs
“Great casual dining in a very good location and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went there in mid-afternoon for something to eat and were VERY pleased by the atmosphere, the staff, and both quality and preparation of the food.
After 2 on a weekday afternoon we were surprised that there were several tables still occupied and enjoying their meals. The host offered us a choice of tables in the airy and casual dining room. The waiter was really friendly and patient as we tried to figure out what we wanted to eat and drink. (They have some great specials like half priced wine bottles the day we were there....) The Mac and cheese was out of this world, the fish special was very good, and the wine was an outstanding value given half price - we could have taken what we didn't drink home but there wasn't anything left.
No room for dessert, but we will definitely return!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“the worst !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have to say I use to enjoy this experience but recently had a bad experience there and thought it was me, but gave it one more chance to prove myself wrong, but I was right !! definately not the same as the first few times I went there.

The hosts are rude and not welcoming, we have on the last two occassions arrived early for our reservation time and our table was not available. we were asked to either sit outside or inside at a very very undesirable table right at the entrance where everyone walks in and stands behind you. I guess they do not like it when you arrive on time or early for your meal.

The service was lack luster and the food very greasy and definately not appetizing ........... and definately not what I had experienced when they first opened

2 Thank Artie m