“Great Outdoor Seating”

Gran Forno Pronto
Ranked #141 of 1,326 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Outdoor Seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The restaurant is small and diner-like, but opt for outdoor seating along Las Olas Blvd, or area to the side next to the park. The food is good and so is service. It gets crowded during lunch but never a long wait. Try the pizzas!

Albany, New York
“A pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We had to find a place to eat lunch before heading to the airport so I used the TripAdvisor app to find places to eat in Fort Lauderdale. Las olas blvd seemed like a location with many different choices so we headed over. After perusing at some menus and reading reviews we decided that we liked the idea of freshly made bread for our sandwiches.

They start serving lunch at 11:30am and they don't have a breakfast menu, just fresh pastries from their bakery down the street. We were a few minutes early so we waited. Our waiter was really nice and explained a lot of the menu that we had questions about (this is my only complaint- their menu doesn't clearly explain some of the names of sandwiches).

We ordered the mortadella (ham with olives) and the chicken pesto paninis.

They were both delicious. The paninis come with a side of chips (adding a pickle to this plate would be a really good idea!). What really made the sandwiches fantastic was the bread. I know everyone mentions this but it is really what seals the deal! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside = perfection!

The prices were really reasonable too! About $7-8 each panini. If there was a restaurant that had paninis like these in Boston, we'd go all the time!

1 Thank Sarah J
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Rip off!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is my fault, no one else to blame! I bought one loaf of sour dough and what I thought was a whole sandwich (caprese). $17!!! It turned out to be a piece of mozzarella, tomato and one piece of basil, and the bread was the size of a hamburger bun. No kidding! This was such a rip off!!!! I will never ride my bike there again! Shame is, I love their food!! Now I see why people write reviews!!!

2 Thank Lorraine P
Toronto, Canada
“Best pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Omg this was delicious. We had the Margherita pizza and it was to DIE for! The tomatos were fresh and the sauce was rich and there was plenty of it. The best part about it is the dough, I wish I knew how they make it it was sooo good! I decided to order some coffee and I was surprised that it was also really good. A great place to take a rest after some shopping I high recommend it.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Bread to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The bread they use for the pizza dough and paninis is just amazing. We went there three times in our short vacation, and loved the food every time. Salad was excellent, and the balsamic they use as dressing very tasty. But the bread... just delicious. Nice crust but soft and fluffy. Don't leave Ft Lauderdale without giving it a try.

Visited February 2013