“Lacking atmosphere...nice wine selection though....”
Review of Las Olas Wine Cafe - CLOSED

Las Olas Wine Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ft Lauderdale
“Lacking atmosphere...nice wine selection though....”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I always love this concept...you put money on your wine debit card and sample away...However, when i'm drinking good wine, it's nice to have some gentle lighting and music or anything to enhance the experience. I prefer 17th Street Wine Company for their atmosphere and same sample concept....

Visited May 2012

Tamarac, Florida
“A place to have fun.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

The food is good but not great for the price. Average cost of a dish is $15, but the portions seem small. The service from the wait staff is good even on a busy weekend. They usually have a live band playing, which is nice. The band is a disco and funk cover band for the most part. The average age of the patrons would be 40. The dishes are all mango based and can be very tasty but redundant. Dont go on the weekend if you hate large crowds and standing in line. There is no free parking so bring cash for a meter or the small parking lot behind the dumpster of the restaurant in the back allie. During the week its much less hassle with parking. Other than that its a nice place to bring friends.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The seafood salad”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have eaten here twice. The first time I had the seafood salad, which was huge, fruity, and fragrant. The shrimp were large and succulent. The first time I ate with some guests, and we talked so much I didn't get a chance to finish my meal. We ate on the sidewalk of Las Olas. Second time I returned for more, and ate indoors. It's casual dining, but clean and great wait staff.

Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Florida
“Outstanding food and Service!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was trying to kill time before an appointment and decided to have lunch because of the light menu. Christian was my server and suggested the Seared Ahi Tuna wrap. It was amazing with peppers and a great sauce that made it taste fresh and the fries were seasoned which completed the meal. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone in Las Olas looking for a good lunch. Very friendly staff and reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2012
Massachusetts
“GREAT food, FANTASTIC service, thanks to CAMILA!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stepped off the water taxi to find this wonderful gem of a resteraunt. WE are from MA, so wanted to try the local flavors. We were NOT disappointed. There were 3 families, and 12 people. Camila came immediately over, and we knew we were in for a wonderful experience.

My friend asked Camil if we could be divided into A,B,and C, for wach family. Then as each of us ordered, we started with what letter we were. Camila was receptive, she loved the idea, and it worked beautifully!

The drinks were wonderful - margarits's - made per our request of half the sour mix, maritini's, and wonderful mojitos. And Camila was so attentive. The food did not disappoint. Jambalaya, filet with bleu cheese, burgers, chicken puff pie, turkey ruben......DELISH!!!

The fries were wonderful. The atmosphere was family friendly and upbeat. I just cannot say enough, how the server can make or break your experince. We just came off a cruise, and Camila was more attentive than many of the staff on the ship.

And, they had a "suggested gratuity" printed on the bottom of the reciept, which is always helpful, AND, they discounted 10% because we rode the water taxi.

Just a wonderful meal with our friends! Thank you Camila!!

• Visited April 2012