“Culture filled authentic Mexican food.”

Casa Frida Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #116 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Culture filled authentic Mexican food.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

First off I love the cultured feel of this restaurant created by The Frida Kahlo theme and the art on the walls. Ambience does matter in a restaurant.

Having lived and traveled in Mexico extensively I know what authentic Mexican food is.This is not Tex-Mex food. This is real Mexican food.

The first time I was there I had the chipotle chicken.It was delicious. I was there again yesterday and I had The Frida salad with avocado and chicken. It was scrumptious.At the end I got a complimentary drink called "Chicha" when I asked what it was they told me its a traditional which history and origins goes way back to the times of the Aztecs, Mayans and Incas in Peru too.
Pretty cool. I left smiling. :)

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Claudette K

“So delicious!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We are so happy to have such a gourmet and authentic Mexican restaurant in east fort lauderdale! The food was superb and everything was truly fresh and delicious. The owner, Victor, is personable and authentic. We will be back her with family within the week.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Denise2801
Front Royal, VA
“Yum,yum, yummy!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a treat! Greeted by friendly staff that offered a taste sample of a "home made" hibiscus and cucumber lime beverage.......our party ordered each of these taste sensations. My margarita was less "limey" than usual ,but excellent with ample alcohol. We each had a different entree with all being superb. Playing on the large screen TV were music videos of a famous Mexican crooner......quite entertaining. We were there with children under 10 who had not had the opportunity to experience "authentic" Mexican cuisine. They were treated to an enthusiastic introduction.

• Visited July 2013
“Very friendly staff”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friends who had just tried it. It is small, in a strip shopping center. The decor is very lively, with many mexican pictures and decorative items on the walls. We sat at the bar. The girl working the bar was very friendly, explained menu items and specials well, and was very attentive. A gentleman, who I believe must be the owner or general manager, also came over and explained in detail the cooking process and ingredients for several of the menu items and specials. I ordered the skirt steak which was flavorless and tough. The dish was served with rice and beans, which were good, and a tamale (I think) which had a spicy green sauce. The sauce was very flavorful so I put it on the steak to give it some flavor. It was Saturday night and the restaurant was packed. The employees were great, and the restaurant had a fun, lively atmosphere. Although the entree I chose was somewhat mediocre, I will return to the restaurant to try something else because of the gracious hospitality of the employees.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rafe J
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best service + great food and low price = Great Value”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

From the décor of the room to the quality of the food, everything is great in Casa Frida. As my wife said, "I see so many things in the menu that I want to try that we will need to come here many more times". And the menu is not a long one. They have a small selection of options, but everything we tried was great (from the Guacamole and Taquitos Dorados, to the Cochinita Pibil and Tampiquenas). Service was also a high note: very kind and nice but not intrusive. They know their menu and they are proud of explaining it to you and go over the details of each option in a way that I don't see frequently. Our waiter was great, and the owner was also around and came to each table to talk to every person in the room for some minutes and we found him very charming without, again, being intrusive (and I have to say that we usually don't like to be bothered when we are eating but these guys approached us to talk about food options and it made a lot of sense). And the price is great!!! One of the best values for the money all around FTL. I really don't know if it's more authentic or not when compared to other places, but what I know is that it's a great place, with great food, great people, and excellent prices. We will go back probably many times.

• Visited June 2013