“Intimate French restaurant with the BEST in food & service”
Review of Bouillabaisse French Bistro - CLOSED

Bouillabaisse French Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bouillabaisse, the 45-seat, upscale, yet unpretentious new French restaurant in Ft.Lauderdale. The restaurant is owned and operated by entrepreneur/chef Harald Neuweg who also owns the the 250 seat Fritz & Franz Bierhaus in Coral Gables, the new 150 seat Fritz and Franz Bierhaus next door, and the 250 seat Satchmo Lounge upstairs from the Bierhaus and Bouillabaisse. Neuweg who insists on creating an elegant French dining experience without the fussiness and reminiscent of a classic Parisian bistro. The restaurant boasts sublime contemporary French cuisine, featuring local ingredients and utilizing the classical French techniques. White tables draped with crisp, white linens sport fresh flowers bouquets for an aromatic touché. This unpretentious, yet elegant atmosphere is the perfect backdrop for Chef Neuweg’s stellar talents which shine throughout his magnifique menu.
Dillon, Colorado
“Intimate French restaurant with the BEST in food & service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Friends of ours live a few blocks away, but had not tried this place yet. We offered to take them out to dinner, since the last time we visited, they took us out. We arrived as they opened the doors on a Tuesday evening. Yes, the first customers of the night. This place had only been open for about eight months, but I had read glowing reviews when I searched for a restaurant with French food that also was part of the dining options on my Rapid Rewards credit card through Southwest Airlines. Service was exceptional, food was exquisite from the escargot to the dessert.

Visited October 2012

Pompano Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Above Expectations‏”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Absolutely superbe. Great food, great service and a great wine list. I was really impressed from the time I arrived to the time I left with a rose given to my wife. Everything we tried from the crabmeat cocktail to the pate to the rack of lamb and grouper was outstanding. I wish we had a restaurant like this back home in Quebec. I will go back many times this winter before returning back north especial for the chocolate soufflé. Like we say in Quebec. Je me souviens!!!

1 Thank Claude S
Hollywood, Florida
“Crème de la Crème‏”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Best French restaurant in south Florida by far. Excellent friendly service without being overwhelming. Their dishes bring back the old glory days of classical French cuisine with a modern flair. We tried the escargot and the lobster bisque for our starters and had the beef wellington and the bouillabaisse as our main course. All were presented and cooked to perfection. For dessert I highly recommend the marinated French cherries with vanilla ice cream. I will tell all my friends.

1 Thank chantal s
“Hidden French jewel with exquisite food and superb staff.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

On first entering, one is surprised by a quaint intimate bistro. The crisp white tablecloth and pristine table setting is just waiting for your first course. The menu may be small, but everything is done perfectly and presented splendidly. The bread basket is intriguing and delicious, and the crudités is a nice surprise. The staff is very helpful and professional. Please leave room for desert, because it is well worth the anticipation. We tried the chocolate soufflé and the pear tart with caramel and cinnamon ice cream. What a little jewel this place is: Charmante!

1 Thank InkjetJen
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“As good as it gets!!!‏”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Excellent food, excellent service. To bad there are not more Frencih restaurants of this caliber in the area. Nice selections of wine to start. My friend tried the pate while I had the escargots . Both amazing! For our main course we both ordered their daily chef special of seabass served over a bed of baby spinach and artichoke puree. Cooked to perfection. Dessert we shared a warm pear tart with cinnamon ice cream. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone seeking a unique experience. I shall return.