“Dinner and a show that is very enjoyable”

Mai-Kai Restaurant & Polynesian Show
Book In Advance
More Info
$46.99*
and up
Mai-Kai Polynesian Dinner Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Mai-Kai brings Polynesia to you, complete with tropical gardens with flaming torches, lush foliage, giant tikis and waterfalls Marvel as agile warriors and beautiful maidens perform native dances from the South Pacific while you enjoy exotic tropical dishes from an award-winning menu. Since the Mai-Kai opened in 1956 the restaurant has received considerable acclaim including Best Dining Entertainment, Best Unique Dining Experience and recognized by Restaurants and Institutions as one of Americas Top 100 Independent Restaurants. Happy Hour nightly in the Molokai Bar.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had previously been to The Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii, and were not expecting very much. To our surprise, the show was very well done. We went early to take advantage of the special menu and the food was very good. Our service couldn't have been better and the show was well put together. We would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. It made for a very nice evening out.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just got back home from sunny Fort Lauderdale. I saw this restaurant online and it looked very interesting with beautiful polynesian design inside and out. My husband and I decided to make reservations and check it out. As we arrived there was a line up which wasn't a problem. As we reached to the front the line, both the host and the reservation desk were extremely rude and insulting. The two employees were under pressure and their excuse for their rudeness was that there was over 300 people in the restaurant. Isn't that the reason people make reservations? If the restaurant was so busy, they cold have told us to come back another day. As the host was seating us, he was swearing silently to himself. My husband didn't want to make a scene or a problem because he wanted to show me a good time. We ended up leaving. I never had a bad experience like this and didn't know how to handle it. I should have got their names and went to the manager. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone nor will I ever return. I wish the staff were as nice as the restaurant.

2  Thank Jamilea S
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We came upon this restaurant through groupon so decided to give it a try. When we first walked in the man greeting asked if we had a groupon and when I said yes, he gave me a dirty look. A couple of minutes later while standing near me he said "groupons - ridiculous." They then proceeded to seat my daughter and I in a tiny table in the back corner. The food is very over-priced for what you get and only average quality. Imagine my surprise when I got my bill to see a extra 22.00.charge ($10.95 each) for the show only on top of dinner. At no point was this charge explained to us nor noted anywhere such as the menu, etc. when I talked to one of the Mgrs. about it he insisted it should have been noted when I made the reservation - which it was not. Trust me, the show is not worth it. Even with a groupon, this was a rip-off and I wouldn't waste your money.

1  Thank Laura J
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visited this restaurant while on vacation. The food was WAY overpriced for the quality. They charge for food and then for the show. It cost my husband and I $75.00 and we shared an entree and a side. We were not happy with this at all. The polynesian show was not very well done. The outfits were very skimpy during various parts of the show. I know this is the apparel for this type of show, but sometimes they were extremely skimpy. Overall, we felt this was a waste of money!! You have to pay to park on top of that!! Do not waste your money. You can have a nice dinner somewhere else for 75.00.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

After repeatedly driving by the restaurant we decided to take our children for a fun evening out. We were turned off when we pulled into the parking lot and had to pay to self park our car. We were then seated at a table in the back which made it difficult for our two children (8 and 6) to see. When they stood up near the rail to watch the show the waitress asked them to sit back down so they wouldn't block others view. The food was ok and the drinks were pricey. We do not mind paying for a nice evening out, but after paying for self -parking, dinner, drinks and the show (which you are forced to watch) we decided that this would be our first and only trip to Mai Kai.

1  Thank CPA2003