“One of the worst experiences ever”

Sonic Beach Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #861 of 1,324 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“One of the worst experiences ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

It only took twice before deciding to never eat here again...a dirty shame. First let me begin by saying, I am a huge fan of Sonic's, have been for quite a few years. But from this one experience I find it hard to want to go back. It could have been, was supposed to be the greatest thing ever...an excellent burger shack on the beach, something that is needed. The first time we went the food was mediocre at best, cold fries warm burger. What was the issue and should've warned me was the amount of time the food took...over an hour to arrive. The second time I went I never even received my food! Normally this place has higher standards but doesn't look like they carried over to this place. In addition to the terrible service, the restaurant, both times, looked as if a hurricane had just passed by...no joke.

Visited June 2013

New York, USA
“What an absolute DUMP”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Don't get me wrong I LOVE SONIC.

We stopped in here for a quick dinner last week. Where do I start. No servers to be found. Garbage from past diners everywhere. My wife asked the bartender as to how we order and he told her she better try to order from him because otherwise she wasn't getting any food. He then walked away and never came back.

One girl was passed out on the bar. She was out cold with her cheek firmly planted on top of the bar. This wasn't even spring break. It had ended two weeks earlier. Maybe she was still there from spring break. I hope someone checked her pulse. I doubt it though.

We left. I can rate the service and the atmosphere but for obvious reasons I cannot rate the food or the value.

We walked by it ten days later (after our cruise) and the place was shuttered with a sign that read "under renovations / reopening in June". I tend to think that the renovations were some type of municipality intervention.

• Visited April 2013
Ashland, Ohio, United States
“Good food and good view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We visited the Sonic two times on our trip, before and after our cruise. The food was good, and the view onto the beach was great! Th restaurant needed some upkeep when we were there, a few bar stools were missing tops and it was a bit messy. The restaurant was easy to find on the second level of the mall. We would eat there again!

Visited December 2012
Niles, Illinois
“Does ANYBODY work here?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our second visit. Last year we went, waitress in roller skates friendly took our order. Today, no waitress at all, only a bartender and the place was a mess. All the counters facing the beach were empty but still had garbage, ketchup spilled, a mess. Took a pass and went upstairs to Hooters. What happened to this place? Middle of spring break week and its like a ghost town, a dirty ghost town in there...no patrons, no waitresses, nobody to clean up. Hopefully it was just an off day, but really during spring break week? No excuse there

• Visited March 2013
Grandville, MI
“Really good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We sat at the bar overlooking the beach and enjoyed a burger and philly cheese sandwich with onion rings. The cherry limeade and slushes were great on a hot day.

Visited February 2013