“Be CAREFULLY!!!”

Red Carpet Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport
Ranked #106 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel it was clean and staff were great, well certainly seemed it. Some how my name and room number were leaked to a con artist who called my room already knowing my name and room number so my guard was down and I provided him with details to his questions which resulted in fraud off my card to not great amounts but enough to cut me deep. I would recommend this place to stay but would ask people to be weary!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel D

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I want to start by saying the rooms themselves are fine. They are clean and comfortable. I stayed for one night in may and was going to return for a week+ in june and booked a room with a fridge and microwave for 4 nights to see what they'd be like exatendedly. Upon arrival I was told my room did not have a microwave or fridge in it and I could only have those for $10 extra a night. Now thats not so bad until you consider I was planning to stay for an exatended period of time from 7 nights up to three months. $10 a night adds up fast. And I booked a room that already had them in it. Upon asking for a manager the front desk person walked into a back room for a moment than walked back out saying it wasn't their problem that the room was booked wrong because they use a third party booking agency. It was so rude and unbelievable that a hotel would not stand by their rates promised by a company they use to book THEIR rooms. I called the booking agency who told me to speak with the manager. I again asked thw front desk clerk for the manager and he again walked to the back room than came back out offering to let me cancel my reservation without charge. So I did and left. The one night I stayed previously was not bad. Basic room with a bed and dresser and tv. Everything you need for one night. The area was a bit loud but I sleep through anything so I wasn't bothered by the noise. The room did smell strongly of bleach but with so much tile in the room I took that as smelling strongly of clean. Id rather smell bleach than musty or moldy. The rooms are fine but customer service is far from even being fair. Its plain terrible. And in the HOSPITALITY business I say customer service is everything!! Book the room in person or you will not get what you ask for. I give two stars for clean room only.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The night will tell more of course. Understanding my history with this exact location is only three years in the making, I must say to others that I am quite impressed as I check in today.
Staff in the past had been helpful and friendly. That is the reason we came back. Now to see what the handyman (the same one I recognized from past visits) has done to improve the rooms is my reason to write. Gil checked us in, and helped to get our boarding pass printed. Matt attended to us in the afternoon, and Yumika (sp?) was super sweet to refer a local place for delivery. Raining here keeps us from the pool, but the property will see us again -IF the night is quiet. We got the room we requested, so time will tell.
Must see the details.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Last month, due to Illness , a single mom that I know lost her apartment, and as a result, her deposit. They struggle to make ends meet , staying at hotels weekly until they can afford to get into a small apartment. Every single dollar counts. I booked a room for a week for them here because it was the cheapest on hotwire . I was hoping and praying that it provided at least a microwave. I could always provide a cooler . Friends of the Mom send dinner back to the hotel with her to try keep her expenses low so she can get into an apartment sooner than later . I called and was told that a microwave was for weekly guest only , yet when they checked in they were not given one. When she inqiured she was told it would be an additional $70 . For that i can provide 10 days worth of dinners . I spoke to the General Manager and he did not hesitate to send up a microwave. I have not been to the hotel , but the manager Is a king caring individual . God Bless him

Room Tip: If you are going to be there a while book a room with a fridge and microwave .
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We flew into FLL and phoned the hotel for the FREE shuttle to pick us up. Make sure you are in the correct pick up location. The hotel was acceptable for the price - you get what you pay for, no frills. Nice pool and landscaping. The reception area and the room were clean. In the morning we took the FREE shuttle to the cruiseport. Staff were helpful. The little bar/restaurant was good value for money. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Les B
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Booked this hotel to stay in before leaving on a cruise. Clean,safe, great staff. The shuttle dropped us off at the plaza up the road so we could do some last minute shopping. Four women were travelling together and we never felt unsafe. will be our go to place always

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Red carpet is an affordable, clean enough and decent enough for the price. Good breakfast in the restaurant by the reception. You get what you pay for and what the commercials say, no more, no less...but the place have some advantages... Its close to the airport, and it have a free shuttle going to and from the airport about every hour, or on request. The room we had was spacious, clean, affordable, not too noisy, and the place also had a pool. Even though one hardly can travel USA without a car, theres a busstop nearby that may get you to anywhere in the Miami-area at low cost if you know where to change busses.

Service was ok, and the place looked and feelt safe to us. No problem to stay here overnight or for some time. I will stay here again and have already booked 2 nights more recently...

Room Tip: Other travellers say lay off room 106/206, that lays beside the pump to the pool...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Solborn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#62 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Universal Palms Hotel
Universal Palms Hotel
#101 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Nor...
#76 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#41 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Been to Red Carpet Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!