“Red carpet Inn, Ft Lauderdale, FL”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #108 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“Red carpet Inn, Ft Lauderdale, FL”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Booked this hotel in part Price and transfer from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise ship port. Nice big clean pool. Cute restaurant next to hotel. CLEAN rooms and grounds. Caring staff. Al and all, will stay here again when leaving on cruise. Thanks Red Carpet for a fun start to my vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Danton M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Fort Wayne
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am one that does not mind a two star if I do not have to stay long. But this was absolutely the worst hotel stay of my life. So much so that i have made it a mission to make sure that the proper people know that something must be done. Our first room given to us had not only ants crawling all over the ac but also had a dead worm right in front of it. Also, the toliet was npt working properly. We asked for another room, and it was given to us with attitude from the front desk staff. We decided to get another room and no deal breaker, but the toilet was not even flushed. It just makes me think how can you say you cleaned the toiliet? We tried to make the best of it and decided to the the pool,but, soon left after we noticed something brown floating in it. Still, we tried to stay positive and say, "It's only for one night.......wrong! I witnessed prostitution. I could not believe it, but i was in the twilight zone. So me my husband at this time i locked in our room setting ourselves for just a little bit of rest before we leave early the next morning. The only thing we need to do is get our tip for the driver. Ask the front desk lady for change and confirm leave time. She tells me that the shuttle does not start until 6. Which is not what the morning shuttle driver told me at all. She has a big SO WHAT on her face. I called the manager and he had the same mentality like he could care less as well. This place does not care. Once they have your money they feel they can do anything. Its not clean,its not friendly, and it is dangerous (a lot of extra people walking around). It is better to sleep outside than this hotel. BE careful!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Drelyn
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here for a short overnight layover because of the comparatively cheap price and proximity to the airport. I arrived about 1:00 a.m. (delayed flight) after the hotel's airport shuttle stopped running. The lobby was locked up, and the only way to check in and communicate with the staff member was through bullet-proof glass, which raised concerns for me about my safety. I'm a woman and not remotely threatening-looking, and no one else was around. The rooms are accessible only through doors to the outside, and it was a good three minutes through barely-lit courtyards and around stairways and crevices in which someone could have been hiding to get to my room. Again, concerning as a woman alone. The room was very clean and spacious, and I did not have any problems once inside. I had an early flight, and the fact that the shuttle only ran hourly (despite the short 10-15 minute drive to the airport) made my morning even earlier than necessary. The staff member who checked me in suggested that the shuttle can get full and be unable to accomodate everyone who wants to get to the airport, but I did not have that problem. It was fairly small, sitting maybe 9 people, so that could be a big problem on a busy morning, especially because it would be an hour before the next free shuttle to the airport.

The inside is fine, but the location and set-up seems like it would invite criminal activity.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Do not stay here if you want a peaceful night sleep and dont want to be harassed by other tenants. The staff doesnt care one bit about your well being and does nothing to help. They have no patience and are very unprofessional. Beware of the restaurant. Just dont go here. Pay more and get a better place. I was so

• Stayed April 2014
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Inexpensive, no frills and no coffee unless you use their sub-par restaurant. Room was generic but nice, great bed, had to turn on bathroom light to get light over vanity to work. Restaurant dirty and no real service. More a bar than restaurant. Very noisy since this is on the main highway and trucks coming and going throughout the night.

Room Tip: AC was horrible and noisey.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Needed a place to stay for an early flight. If you just need a place to crash and don't want to spend to much this place is fine. Pool is kind of gross, on the bright side we didn't spend a lot of money and nobody got stabbed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Swissvale
Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here for three nights because my apartment close by had to be closed for termite removal. I chose this location because it was one of the cheaper places in the area. I have to start with the negative first. Fort Lauderdale is a beach city and here you are no where near the beach. It's a good place if you are hear for business because you are very close to I-95 and I-595. There is a restaurant on the property but other than that you have a very far walk or a taxi ride to get to other restaurants or any attractions. This place is a good place for truck drivers, business people and out of town workers. For vacationers, I don't know. The good things are that there is a pool on the property, the rooms were very clean but there was a strong odor of bleach for about an hour until I aired the room out. The staff is very friendly and it is in a safe part of Fort Lauderdale. I hope my review was helpful.

Room Tip: Truckers park towards the back of the property. It may be a little noisy if you get a room towards t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo