“Awful!!!”

Ranked #108 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Virginia
“Awful!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Very dirty. Had not been dusted for a long time. Smelled terrible and it was a nonsmoking room. Way over priced for such a dirty hotel that was not close to anything. Would not recommend to anyone!!!

Stayed April 2008
5 Thank johnsonVirginia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Arkansas
Reviewed April 3, 2008

This is the worse hotel my family has ever stayed in...the elevator stinks...a dirty cleaning cloth was found hanging from the shower rod...and the smell of smoke in our room almost knocked us out, it was so strong that it permeated the pillows, sheets, walls, covers and my nightgown from sleeping in the bed. Don't stay at this place, it is the pits!

Stayed March 2008
3 Thank wordsmithx
RedCarpet2008, Corporate President at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2008
I received a response from this guest. The guest was actually booked in a smoking room. A smoking room normally will have a residual smoke odor.

b.c. canada
Reviewed March 30, 2008

we were very sceptical after reading reviews but were limited in funds and liked the free shuttle so gave it a try. The place is old and needs repairs and the cleaning is not the best, but for the price it was adequate. the pool was great, the free shuttle a good savings and it you are concerned about cleanliness take along some sani-wipes. the staff were pleasant - especially BOB and shanaka (sp). no fridges but ice available. good bus service nearby for touring the city. we did stay again on our return trip.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank grannie-poppa
Laredo
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I deal with alot of unsavory conditions being on the road. Unfortunately my truck had to be placed in the shop and most of the hotels were already booked...
Yes the Lobby was nice and clean and the food at the restaurant was pretty good, and the service was good as well...
The elevator will bowl you over with the worst mildew smell my nose has ever encountered and I have been in the Amazon...
I stepped into my room and the smell was almost as bad. The curtains did not fit the window and found myself propping them with the floor lamps to ensure my privacy (I am a woman)...After stepping over what seemed to be puke on the carpet I headed for the bath as I really wanted a good soak. I had to clean it...it had black stuff in it. And Upon sitting in the tub I looked over and the outside of the toilet looked like it hadne been cleaned in months!!!!
Oh I forgot! The toilet didnt work, but they did fix it when I took a trip to K-Mart, which cost me 50 bucks round trip and then found out there was a KMart much closer. There were no places to walk to buy anything to drink, the vending machine prices were outrageous....
I had to stay 2 nights and that was 2 nights too many...Had I'd known the hotel next door had openings I would have certainly stayed there instead of The Red Carpet Inn...It was noisy and absolutely filthy. I cant imagine any owner would allow such conditions....disgusting!!!
Oh yes, I read they were remodeling, that is definately being done, but I wonder what the heck that has to do with keeping a place clean!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nasty
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank womantruckdriver
RedCarpet2008, Corporate President at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2008
Some of the negative reviews just state "Red Carpet Inn," We have tried to contact reviewers to specify locations. Of the responses we receive many turn out to be other locations. Some reviews that are very questionable do not respond to inquiries.
Ontario
Reviewed March 10, 2008

We had the misfortune to stay at the Red Carpet Inn Airport in Fort Lauderdale this past February. We took some luggage to our room came down in five minutes and our vehicle window was smashed and our gps and camera were stolen. We hadn't taken everything up yet.. When the police arrived they told us that we should move , that we were in a dangerous place and that they get called there regularly re: money missing, car break ins, drug fights, etc. Needless to say we will not be staying there again. The police did give us some good advice, stay east of highway 1,as safer than west of highway.

• Liked — The beds were new and very comfortable
  • Disliked — the police telling us this was not a safe place to stay , that they are called there frequently.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank 1pol
Vermont
Reviewed March 3, 2008

This place is awful, do not stay here. It is dirty, noisy, not even worth a dollar.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ebaron2
Lawson, MO
Reviewed March 2, 2008

This was the worse place I have ever stayed. The toliet paper was damp, like it had be dropped in water and set out to dry. The 1 towel that was in the room was dirty. There was hair in the toliet. The room smelled musky. It was HORRIBLE. We were also told we could get a shuttle to Port Everglades to catch our boat. Shuttle didn't start untill 30 minutes after we were suppose to be there. It also ended 1 hour after we were due back, not even counting time to get off and get our luggage.

• Liked — Nothing! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • Disliked — It was filthy
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family