“Beautiful tile floors, really clean, great room.”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #105 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Minnesota
“Beautiful tile floors, really clean, great room.”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

On the outside, the hotel looks average. But we got to our room and the first thing we noticed was the tile floors. They looked like glass! The whole room was covered in this tile flooring, which was great because carpet can show all the sand we bring in and is probably easier for the maid to sweep up this way. The room was as clean as could be. Didn't find any faults. It is next to an airport so you can hear a plane landing a couple times, but we slept the whole night through and it didnt bother us. The TV quality was bad, but didnt need TV on vacation! The attached restaraunt, Diane's cafe, was great too. We planned on staying here one night, but ended up booking another night we liked it so much!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire which only shows the name after a payment has been made. When I saw Red Carpet Inn I expected the worst roach motel my mind could imagine but to my surprise this hotel was pretty good.

Lets start with the good things. The rooms are clean and modern. It looks like a renovation took place recently. The beds are comfortable as well.

The room has cable, a/c, table. The wiFi is iffy though, I found myself going to the lobby for internet.

Location is good, state road 84 will lead you anywhere in Fort Lauderdale in 5-10 minutes.

Hotel offers a pool and self laundry.

Price through Hotwire was $55 to $60. I wouldn't want to pay more than that.

A few things on the con side.

First, they need to fix the wiFi. That's unaceptable. The walls are somewhat thin. I could hear a long phone conversation on the room next to mine. The lobby needs some attention, specially the men's bathroom.

All and all I would recommend it for the right price and I would stay there again if needed.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank SoLaras
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I got a really good price for this place and since we were going on a cruise the next day, I did not mind staying at a 2-star hotel for just one night as long as it was clean. It was not even worth the cheap price that I paid for the room. Since it is next to a bar, there were sketchy looking people hanging around the hotel. I saw a police cruiser in the parking lot, not sure whether to feel safe or scared! Room and hotel did not seem clean, bed was uncomfortable, I did not feel very safe. All that added to the lack of sleep. Had breakfast in the restaurant next door and it was the worse eggs and sausage breakfast I've had in a while, it was not cheap either but we had no choice since we did not have a car. I would not stay here again.

1 Thank littlemunkey
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have looked in internet for a hotel very close to airport and cruise port.
The price was acceptable.
I think it was a good choice.

Room Tip: As an airport hotel the Red Carpet Inn has an adequate quality. The hotel shuttle works for guests...
2 Thank Bernd M
Eureka, California
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I was able to book a room for around $60 and I figured I saved half of that with the free shuttle service from the airport and to the port the next day. The front desk staff was more interested in talking amongst themselves that helping guests. The outside of the buildings and the grounds looked tired, but my room was nice enough and clean. The restaurant looks to be a former bar and grill and the bar area was used to store and collect junk. Breakfast was OK, but nothing to write home about. There's no other place within walking distance to eat.

Room Tip: Lower your expectations and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Dub1955
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Did not have a reservation, but took a room here after driving 14 hours from out of state. Just needed a good night's sleep. This is an average motel, nothing fancy. Some type of shows going on the day we stayed, so of course our rate was higher. For the room we got, the price was too high. Checked out the next morning.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else where you can't hear kids or adults running up and down the hallways.
1 Thank Trekki
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I booked this hotel using Hotwire. They did not list the name but it had the cheapest rate for a 2 star. When we pulled in, the police were escorting someone in cuffs out. The lobby at night is closed so you must deal with the counter person through a safety glass hole.
We got our keys and found the room to be OK, large bed, medium TV, small bathroom.
We checked the mattress for signs of bed bugs and did not find any. The air conditioner did not turn off so it ran all night and was loud. The vents were dirty.
We stayed the night and ate breakfast at Diane's (attached to lobby). It was nice and the staff was friendly.
On our return, we used hotwire again and again were given a night at this place. This time, there was a pubic hair on the toilet seat when we arrived. No soap, the TV was blurry and the bed made a sprong-type noise when you moved on it. We had a third floor room by the parking lot. Very noisy with big rigs coming and going. Also lots of airport noise. The air conditioner in this room did not turn on, but that was good because of the yucky dusty dirt stuck to the vent. Do your research more and maybe pay a little more and get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the parking lot because of the noise from the trucks and cars in the lot...