“Bad food, shady wait staff, overpriced”
Review of Tundra Restaurant - CLOSED

Tundra Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S.W. 10th Terr
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went to Sunday brunch. Waiter seemed hung over and was heavily pushing the bottomless mimosas and Bloody Mary's. Waiter got my wife's order wrong and when we explained the error, had to pull out the menu to get clarity. My French Toast had these strange corn flakes adhered to them and the toast tasted like remnants from what was on the grill from the prior night. Their bacon was NOT applewood smoked but really Dennys quality. Waiter provided a receipt that was $8 higher than our bill detail. When I flagged him down to explain, his manager overheard and then subsequently commented to the waiter that his billing practices have been "shady". Saw cook dip finger in batter to taste then used same hand to pour in more ingredients. Stay away!!!

3  Thank Jason C

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Disappointed because the place no longer has the ice sculptures it was known for, but our server was fabulous. It's pricey for the qualit of the food though.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Found an advertisement in the paper offering "buy one entree get one free" so why not, right??? NOT...this ad is misleading. After being seated our waitress came over with menus, a wine list and asked if we wanted water, but never introduced herself or welcomed us. We wanted to have the "Tundra Chef four course meal", but the waitress told us that it's excluded (didn't want to push the issue cuz I cannot see them preparing my food, but should have walked down the street at that point). The ad does not mention the exclusion :( so we chose other entrees on the menu. The double cut prime rib and the Salmon. Both came out at the same time, the presentation was pretty, but the vegetable portion was lacking...two half cut pieces of asparagus??? Come on Chef did you run out? The prime rib was pricey and had a huge hunk of fat that we had to cut off and put on the bread plate...ewwwww, once again, come on chef don't you understand the meanng of the word, "trim"...Since we were the last patrons and we could see that they were clearing off the tables and bringing in the plants to get the patio ready to close up we decided not have to dessert. For two people the check included automatic 18% gratuity...come on Chef...what's up with that??? Two people...AND once we started reading our bill, the NO-Named waitress explained that the manager automatically adds 18%...why didn't she mention that upon delivering the check??? This place was disappointing to put it mildly and the prices match the real estate (not one glass of wine under $10. I sure hope they wake up, warm up, and thaw out. The name couldn't suit the venue any better. DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME, plenty of better options up and down Las Olas.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I brought my girlfriend who was visiting only a few days from tx to Tundra because we were looking for a great meal and nice restaurant which is obvious by the pictures on the website. When I saw a coupon for a discounted meal I was pretty happy and thought this would be a great place to try.

Basically, the food was outstanding but service was horrible. I would never dine in for that reason and would only get to-go.
When we arrived at Tundra the hostess was fairly nice however we stood around and waited a few minutes awkwardly for her to arrive. Next, we had a waiter bring us menus and a wine list. A few minutes later when we didn't think we would have any he rudely reached across me and snatched the wine list without saying a word. How unprofessional and rude! The time for our appetizer and meals to come out was pretty long but we were happy with bread, however our waiter was huffy and puffy like we were inconveniencing him by asking for more. (It was 630 and he probably had 3 tables). He didnt refill our drinks and when our meals had been taken it took almost 20 minutes to even get the check which when my girlfriend signaled for him he put his finger up at her and walked away coming back several minutes later with the check.
After being treated so poorly, I was shocked that the waiter had autogratitied 18% and could not wait to leave! Wen my girlfriend called the next day the manager Nathan acted as if he would do something and talk to the owner but he never did..

If you want to have a romantic date there are plenty of places to get great food and not have the service ruin the night

1  Thank Jennaswig
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stopped at Tundra on Las Olas on a very quiet Saturday morning. Eleven
fifty to be exact. We were escorted to your table where drinks and lunch were ordered. At 12:10 our server returned to say our order, a burger and a turkey
sandwich would be right out. Diners at a table next to ours received their orders even though they were seated after we were. Now, it's 12:30 still no
lunch. My wife ordered another drink and our water glasses were filled, again.
We again were reassured our lunch would be right out. At 12:45 we pulled up stakes and walked out. Only then did the waiter and manager(?) start to interact. There are plenty of great place to eat and drink on Las Olas, so don't waste your time on Tundra which, we all know, never thaws

2  Thank Trashcar