“Delightful!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Italia Ristorante
Ranked #200 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Alliston, Canada
“Delightful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

This little place,in a strip mall, would be missed if you weren't looking for it. Nothing fancy about the place but the food is cooked with real Italian heart. The owner goes from table to table, chatting and offering suggestions on the best pick for the evening. I am gluten free and they made me some amazing gluten free pasta. The rapini and caprese salad were amazing as well.

Visited February 2014

Reno, Nevada
“Real Traditional Family Style Itialian Dinning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have eaten here twice. The owner, as I understand it does most of the cooking. It is a family operation. The place is small, the staff is friendly, the food is well like my Aunt Molly made it. Aunt Molly was a great cook. We had one quiet low keyed family dinner and the the Christmas Eve Feast of the Seven Fishes. My one regret is that I ate anything before the last course of Yellow tail was served. It was exquisite. The best yellow tail I have ever had. The linguine with clams wasn't to shabby either and the fried smelts delicious,

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Mylanb
Rome, Italy
“Italy good as Italy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

As an italian, when I'm abroad, I usually don't go in italian restaurants: too often there is nothing except the name! However, I was brought here by somebody that knows the place from many years now and though reluctant, I tried it. What I can say is "You'll find exactly what You can find in a typical italian kitchen and what's most important, it's all cooked in a true italian way". The price is not high at all and service is good. Even the bread - You may think it's silly yet is important - is fresh everyday and done in the only italian bakery of Fort Lauderdale -Gran Forno - where You can find bread so good that You'll miss it. The owner is a nice person, kind and never too pushy because in the end he is well aware that the product sells itself for quality and wants You just to please yourself and get back to him next time. Italians usually don't go to italian restaurants when they are abroad, because hardly expect such places to match the quality You find in Italy... yet I must confess that here I found myself even better than in Italy and that not many italian restaurants use first choice pasta and ingredients as Francesco does. I wish they can continue on and on for many years to come, since cooking is a form of art and is a very rare thing indeed to find a true artist.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alanfadre
Parkland, Florida
“Great food - friendly owner. Nice find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Surprised this place wasn't busier on a Saturday night. The owner spent some time talking to us, and actually told me he wanted to prepare my swordfish differently than on the menu, and it was a great choice. All in all, it was an enjoyable and tasty dinner, in a friendly and comfortable environment.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank blintze
South Florida
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have very high standards as people already know. The food here was tasty and good. I ordered fish which was fresh with a side of broccoli. The salad provided was adequate and nothing special. The service was attentive . The restaurant is small and quiet. I went early and I left before any rush hour.

Visited April 2013