“Very enjoyable restaurant”

New River Grill & Pizza
Ranked #415 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SE 7th St.
Description: After twelve years of establishing New River Pizza as the best place in Broward for a true New York-style pie, accomplished proprietor Randy Wilcox wasn't satisfied to stand pat: He has expanded the concept, changed the name to New River Grill & Pizza, and transformed the restaurant into an exciting new dining destination. With the reasonable prices, comfy attractive decor, friendly service and-- most importantly-- tasty dishes, New River Grill & Pizza is the type of place where you can easily become a regular.
“Very enjoyable restaurant”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is close to our home and a convenient place to grab dinner. We usually share a salad. They have several salads from which to choose, and the portions are generous and perfect for splitting.

In turn, we also split a large pizza, so the evening is quite affordable. The pizzas are good, and we usually ask for them to be a little more lightly cooked than the chef's default.

Service can be a lot of fun on the right evening. Weekends can get noisy.

Dinner for three with a beer each runs us less than $50 with tax and tip.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delivery never right & crappy people skills”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We've patronized New River for 2 years. And for that long, we've put up with the lady that answers the phone with the accent. She answers the phone in such a rushed, abrupt way, that we always end up feeling like our call is a toatal pain in the A for her. And, every single time, I order a balsamic vinaigrette to be added to my order, salad or not b/c their balsamic is so darn good, & 9 times out of 10, it doesn't make it into my order. Each time I call & the driver has to come back out with my dressing, I will note, the drivers are awesome & complain about this girl also. I will also note that we love the pot stickers & several times those have been delivered with balsamic vinegar for dipping!!! We were having a party with 10 people. Again, I'm a pain in her butt when I call, I ask her to put my dressing in my order, I reiterate that she never does & say, if its not in there, I'll be calling you. Guess what happened? U got it. NO DRESSING. I call & this time, I'm beyond irritable. I go over my request that was relayed most clearly & ask who checks the bags before they go out for delivery. And she, with the accent, who calls herself a "manager", answers me that no one checks delivery bags because they are far too busy. Who in their right mind would employ someone in the service industry with this mentality & utter lack of people skills? On principle, we will never patronize New River again.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank EatingLauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good Service but OK pizza”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This pizza place is located at the heart of US 1 in Fort Lauderdale. The ambience is pretty good but sadly the pizza do not live up to our expectation.
It's just very average. I expect a pizza place to be better than regular take-away/delivery places such as Dominos and Papa's but it isn't.
The dough tasted "old". The toppings were good and we enjoyed it but the overall pizza was very bland.
We visited at dinner time and it was quiet but it seems to be rather busy at lunch time (I drive past it every day)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JOFH_Review
JVR131, General Manager at New River Grill & Pizza, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
My name is Jillian and I am the General Manager of New River Pizza and Grill.
I came on board just over 3 months ago and my goal is to make Customer Satisfaction my number one priority.
I have read a recent posting regarding impolite phone service and items being forgotten.
Anyone patronizing our business is to be treated with the utmost respect and customer service is imperative to us.
I can only apologize for any less then perfect service whether it be on the phone or a item forgotten.
We are not perfect, but strive to be the best.
Rest assured that all comments are taken very seriously and all issues will be addressed and fixed.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the restaurant at 954- 618-7000 or by email at NRPGMANAGER@gmail.com

Respectfully,

Jillian Rukeyser
New River Pizza and Grill
701 S Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have had many meals (lunch and dinner) at New River and have never been disappointed. They have quite a varied menu and everything is prepared fresh. For something different try the turkey cranberry and brie panini. It's excellent. If you order the lunch specials you will get way too much food. Excellent pizza and garlic roles. Order the pizza with thin crust and extra cheese and you love it.

• Visited December 2013
“Lunch”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The lunch menu at New River Pizza is very good and reasonably priced. The Salad and Pizza for Lunch is very reasonably priced and a good choice.

Visited December 2013