“Terrible Excuse for a Restaurant”
Review of East End Brasserie - CLOSED

East End Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: A1A and Terra Mar Street
Transit: Beach Trolley stops in front of East End Brasserie.
Description: East End Brasserie, a new traditional French bistro, is now open in The Atlantic Resort & Spa. Situated oceanfront on the ground level of the hotel in the former Trina space, East End Brasserie will feature all the elements of an authentic Parisian bistro - from a cozy, unpretentious atmosphere to French fare at a modest price. The cuisine by Executive Chef Steve Zobel will be simple and unassuming, letting the quality and freshness of the products speak for themselves in true European style.
Ponce Inlet, Florida
“Terrible Excuse for a Restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Arrived for a late dinner around 9:00pm. Thought the menu looked good as we walked down the beach. When our waiter (Anwar B) asked us for drinks we both said water - as we had been walking good deal. He then asked us if we wanted a cocktail and we indicated that we might when dinner comes out. He acted completed disgusted that we did not order alcohol. After he took our dinner order - he never came back - EVER. The manager had to bring out our food. After we ate - our waiter continued to wait on tables around us - and ignored us as if we were trash. I have never been treated this way in all of my life. Quite frankly it was a humbling experience. The food was fantastic. It is too bad that the the wait staff is completely horrible. We paid the manager directly in cash. He acted as if he could care less about his job. Pathetic.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Hotel Restaurant!”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Stayed at The Atlantic Hotel & had breakfast & dinner here. The bacon omelet for breakfast was really good, but expensive for what it is. Dinner is also a bit pricey, but had great flavors & was nice to sit out on the terrace to eat. Our waiter was very nice & we enjoyed eating there.

texas
“Biggest Disappointment of my trip”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I asked the Hilton Concerege if this place was good, & they said it was. However, it was not. The food was not good. I had a bad ceasar saled and my fish was mushy. Overall, they are not as good as you would expect. dont waste your money. Regular Salad was $12.00, average plate was $30.00, veggies extra.

Florida
“Don't bother”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I made reservations for my anniversary. I went the night before to drop off flowers (since the concierge would not arrange it) and a card and selected the table for our dinner and asked that the items be arranged before our arrival to surprise my wife.
We arrived and they had lost our reservation but one hostess recognized me and signaled me that she had the table ready.
They did not give me the table I had requested (even though the place was not full).. The flowers were not on the table and when the hostess finaly brought them they were in a cup of water still in the plastic wrap, unbelieveable.
After ten minutes the waiter cam by, stoned out of his mind with his eyes so bloodshot I wasn't surprised he took another 20 minutes to get our drinks. Ten minutes after that he came by with the menus and disapperaed for another ten minutes.
We passed him as we walked out and he didn't even notice.
The manager smiled and said he hoped we enjoyed our meal, to which we replied, "Didn't get the chance." And he just smiled as we walked out.
It was dark, loud, kitchen was noisy and both thew wine list and menu were totally over priced.
We went home and my wife made breakfast burritos in her stilletos and it turned into a great night, so maybe I should thank them for reminding me how lucky I am to have a wife that makes a everything great even in the worst situation.

Nashvillle
“Disappointed on second visit”
Reviewed February 2, 2009

The first time I dined at Trina was 2 years ago with a large group (10 - 12 people). The staff was attentive, suggested great appetizer that entrees that we could share and thereby sample several items on the menu. As we have large group business dinners often, we remarked about how well the restaurant handled our group.

However, on my second visit during the boat show in Nov 09, my companion and I were disappointed. I had mentioned that I would like to have appetizers and maybe share an entree there and have dessert later that evening elsewhere. When the waiter learned of our plan, he immediately turned up his nose and the service that evening was never the same. But to be fair to the restaurant, our flatbread was very tasting as were the martinis.