“CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD RECEIPTS”
Review of East End Brasserie - CLOSED

East End Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: A1A and Terra Mar Street
Transit: Beach Trolley stops in front of East End Brasserie.
Description: East End Brasserie, a new traditional French bistro, is now open in The Atlantic Resort & Spa. Situated oceanfront on the ground level of the hotel in the former Trina space, East End Brasserie will feature all the elements of an authentic Parisian bistro - from a cozy, unpretentious atmosphere to French fare at a modest price. The cuisine by Executive Chef Steve Zobel will be simple and unassuming, letting the quality and freshness of the products speak for themselves in true European style.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My sister and I ate at this restaurant on March 7, 2014. The food was very good, but the service was less than the standard we are used to. Bread was served after we got our dinner and I had to ask for it, I ordered fillet and had to ask for a proper knife with which to cut the steak. The waiter was barely visible to us and kept saying he'd be right with us - which was not RIGHT WITH US. Also when he brought the bill, he indicated there was an 18% gratuity already added to the bill and if we wanted to add more, we could. Because of his lack of attention I chose not to add to the gratuity so I simply drew a line through "tip" and put a total on the total line (which included the 18%) and signed my name. Low and behold when I was checking my credit card before paying my balance off, the amount paid to East End included an additional $10.00!!!! This, to me, is outrageous. If I could have, I would have left less than the 18% because of the waiter, but because the food was so good, I let it go. I have placed a call today to see what they will do about this additional charge. So beware, keep your receipts until you verify charges. I do.

2  Thank Watergirl323
There are newer reviews for East End Brasserie

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I prearranged a group dinner for 15 people and this restaurant handled everything really well. We had a great setup out on the patio so everyone could enjoy the beautiful beach view but the food and service were also wonderful. The 3-course meal was served family style and included:

APPETIZERS: Crab Cakes (with big, sweet pieces of lump crab meat), Salad (tossed with the most amazing dressing I've ever had) and Pork Spring Rolls (fried deliciousness worthy of fighting over who gets the last one)
ENTREES: Blackened Mahi Mahi (well spiced) and Grilled Skirt Steak (fork tender & juicy)
DESSERTS: Mini Key Lime Pies (tart & delicious) and Brownies (thick & gooey)

The only minor hiccup was that at one point the music outside was turned up a little too loud which made conversation difficult but after we asked to have it lowered they did so we appreciated that. I highly recommend this restaurant for both the delicious food and comfortable yet stylish environment.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had several lunches and dinners at this restaurant that is located at the front of the Atlantic Hotel, and all were exceptional. Our meals varied from filet mignon to scallops to pizza to bison burgers and everything was excellently prepared, presented and tasted great. On top of the great food, you have a great view of the beach from the tables on the veranda. They have several specials each night that are not on the menu. The waiters were completely familiar with the dishes and able to answer any questions as well as make recommendations. One evening the waiter apologized that the dinners were a little late as one diish was not "up to standard" in his opinion and was being redone - we were presented with very generously filled complimentary glasses of the wine that we had ordered for the delay.They have their own pastry chief and I believe that she is responsible for most of the weight I gained during our 3 week stay.

1  Thank barrymcduck
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Very good food. Yes it's expensive. You are getting a good meal with a view of the ocean, its going to cost you.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I probably would have given this restaurant 5 stars except for the prices which were high, particularly for breakfast. The service was excellent and the food was very good.