“Visit This Place!!! Don't Even Question It!”
Review of East End Brasserie - CLOSED

East End Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: A1A and Terra Mar Street
Transit: Beach Trolley stops in front of East End Brasserie.
Description: East End Brasserie, a new traditional French bistro, is now open in The Atlantic Resort & Spa. Situated oceanfront on the ground level of the hotel in the former Trina space, East End Brasserie will feature all the elements of an authentic Parisian bistro - from a cozy, unpretentious atmosphere to French fare at a modest price. The cuisine by Executive Chef Steve Zobel will be simple and unassuming, letting the quality and freshness of the products speak for themselves in true European style.
Plantation, Florida
“Visit This Place!!! Don't Even Question It!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been coming here for the past year, and I can tell you, just like a fine wine, it is only getting better!!!! Since the first time I visited the food has been absolutely delicious and the service has been 5+ Stars!
We were so thrilled the first time we went with our server, Chris, that we decided we absolutely would request him each and every time. He guided us through both the wine list and menu taking into account our personal taste requests. His recommendations were spot on and did not disappoint.
Last year the only negative thing I could say was that the price points were on the higher side in comparison with local competitors. Well, recently the menu has changed, and the price points are 100% justifiable. You will pay the same price for a steak or fish dish at this restaurant that you would pay at a higher end chain restaurant, but you will get an absolutely AMAZING meal!
The menu has recently changed with the addition of a new chef, and he has kept some favorites and made them even BETTER as well as added a South Florida flare to the menu. With the change in chef, the restaurant has only gotten better, and it just might be one of Ft. Lauderdale's best kept secrets! Shhh!! Don't tell anyone, I hate waiting for a table on a Monday night!
So, a bit about my recent experience. We went to celebrate the annual Birthday Trifecta. My birthday is 10/6, my daughter's is 10/7 and the hubby's is 10/8. This was the fifth or sixth time we have dined there, but the first time we have brought the children. Well, my kids were extremely upset that we kept this to ourselves. They enjoyed the restaurant as much as we did..the fact that there was Free WiFi in the restaurant definitely added some extra points to their scoreboard...and mine.
When greeted by Chris, he welcomed us back, sincerely acknowledged and greeted the children and walked us through the new menu. He pointed out some new dishes that he thought we would like and told us about a couple of changes, rather improvements, to our favorite dishes. He asked if we were having wine and then offered to bring us over a couple of recommendations. As usual, I went against what I thought I wanted to drink, and went with his choice, which was a 2010 bottle of Copain Syrah. It was smooth and went well with my meal. :)
The meal started off with the best appetizer you will have...EVER! Sea Scallops pan seared and lightly caramelized and served with a porcini butter sauce that is made from pieces of heaven.. and this heaven in your mouth is only $10!!! The sauce is so good, you *might have caught me licking the plate after the bread from the SECOND bread basket was all gone...
Then to cleanse the palate and attempt to eat something green... Next up is the Caprese salad. The mozzarella and white balsamic vinaigrette are made at the restaurant and are to die for...they are served with HUGE basil leaves and sliced heirloom tomatoes. For dinner I had the filet. It is so tender, you can literally cut it with your butter knife...I did try, and succeeded! It is topped with borsin cheese and served with madeira wine sauce. The filet is typically plated with french style green beans and garlic mashed potatoes but I wanted to switch it up Monday night so I got sautéed spinach and french fries. Of course the french fries were not your typical frozen french fry, they were made from potatoes in house and were soooo good!!! The spinach was so good it would have made Popeye proud.
Typically this is it. I throw in the towel and call it a night...perhaps ask for a to-go box, too...but on Monday, I practically fasted before dinner. I was ready for a great meal!!! I ordered two desserts. One was a key lime tart with a cookie crust and a merengue top. It was served with HOMEMADE vanilla ice-cream, and had grated white chocolate all over it. YUMMY! To satisfy the need for chocolate I ordered their Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding. WOW.WOW. It was that good! It was served with HOMEMADE Mocha ice-cream and HOMEMADE Hazelnut ice-cream.. it had grated dark chocolate all over it..I think I died and went to heaven.
I honestly can not re-itterate how amazing this place is. The service from Chris is top notch from beginning to end, with a personal touch. I typically find that great servers at restaurants like this tend to be stuffy and lack personality. Well, not Chris. I have seen him interact with other tables, and he feeds from what his guests give him. If you want a waiter to take your order and maintain your table with utmost professionalism, that's him. If you want that with a personality and honest recommendations, he is your man, too.

Check this place out and ask for Chris. You won't be disappointed!!!

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent flavors imparted to really fresh local ingredients with a great presentation.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The decor mixes modern with rustic
The welcome from the staff and the service was warm and thoughtful.
Steve gave us excellent advise on menu choices. The sea scallop appetizer in a triple mushroom was very tasty. The scallops were cooked to perfection.
The cornmeal dusted snapper was fresh and moist. The coating was not overwhelming. Served on top of a dirty rice with a andouille infused broth.
You should not miss this gem at The Atlantic hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

• Visited October 2013
South Park Township, Pennsylvania
“Fine dining at it's best”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

An elegant restaurant whose food is exceptional as is the ambiance. Although formal the atmosphere is very cordial and friendly. The seafood is of course excellent

Visited September 2013
Florida
“Nice View, Good Food”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We ate here on a travelzoo voucher. Nice surprise. Dined outside overlooking the beach. We ordered the Key West shrimp for an appetizer, which was great. I had the flank steak which was well season. My partner got the seafood pasta special. We would go here again. Great service.

• Visited September 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Decent place to eat on the water, somewhat overpriced”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Atlantic Hotel and tried this place for lunch our first day. The food is above average but what brings it down is the price point. I get they have to compete with the other places on the water but it made it feel overpriced. Service, as is the case with the entire hotel, was impeccable.

• Visited September 2013