“Expected more”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: A1A and Terra Mar Street
Transit: Beach Trolley stops in front of East End Brasserie.
Description: East End Brasserie, a new traditional French bistro, is now open in The Atlantic Resort & Spa. Situated oceanfront on the ground level of the hotel in the former Trina space, East End Brasserie will feature all the elements of an authentic Parisian bistro - from a cozy, unpretentious atmosphere to French fare at a modest price. The cuisine by Executive Chef Steve Zobel will be simple and unassuming, letting the quality and freshness of the products speak for themselves in true European style.
Houston, Texas
“Expected more”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Decided to try the restaurant one evening for dinner. Went in expecting it would be better than what it was. Perhaps it was the items we ordered, not sure. The crab cake really was a huge disappointment...so much so that we really didn't want to eat it. The food took a bit to come out as well, though our server was very nice.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ellzebeth

Brooklyn, New York
“Beautiful view, great food!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is on 2 floors of a hotel; I will review each since I ate at both. The downstairs restaurant on the ground level is more formal. Wonderful views of the beach and nice outdoor seating area. We had brunch here which was hard to find around the beach area for some reason. Goat cheese pizza was delic. My friends all loved their meals too; banana pancakes, spring salad with grilled chicken, and eggs Benedict with sauce on the side. Service was great and prices were good. Next, we also ate upstairs on the 5th floor. It's the bar area for East End and its by the pool. You don't have to be a guest at the hotel to use this pool if you're coming for lunch or cocktails. Absolutely amazing views of the beach from this area and nice, modern pool. Beware if you order lunch it will probably take 30 mins to get your food (happened to us twice), but we didn't mind because we sat by the pool and took pictures of the amazing views!!!

• Visited April 2013
“Worth treating yourself and your Love!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

FoodNetwork has taught me that successful restaurants have a small menu - but every item is hand-crafted with perfection and detail: that is certainly the case here. At first glance, the menu felt small with a few appetizers, salads and entrees - all pretty expensive. Some of the items we didn't order included scallops, pork loin, short rib rollatini (or another word like that). I ordered the Ratatoullie Risotto - hubby got the Lobster Frisee Salad - both were incredible. I could hear Chef Ramsey's voice actually gving praise for my perfectly rich and creamy risotto - the large chunks of squash and other vegetables throughout were delightful and I also greatly enjoyed the mound of sauteed spinach loaded on top. The lobster on the salad did seem Northern - not Southern - which we found interesting: either way, still fantastic. It was pricey - there was bread and butter which was also very good! So: go for it. We didn't regret it.

London, United Kingdom
“Average and overpriced”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This venue used to house Trina, a very good restaurant to start off with but sadly it closed its doors and made way for East End Brasserie. We always stay just down the road when visiting Fort Lauderdale and to be fair, we had been advised by our guest house staff that The Brasserie didn't really get rave reviews from other guests but we decided to try it anyway. I wish we hadn't bothered.

Its a fairly large restaurant and on the night we visited, it was almost empty. This emptiness is not helped by the feel of the place as there don't really seem to be enough tables for the size of restaurant. We were seated quickly and served immediately by a very enthusiastic waiter who described most of the dishes as 'fabulous' or 'amazing' which gets a bit tiring after a while.

My instincts told me not to order the scallops with the porcini butter, a bit of an odd combination but thought I would give it a try. The sauce was way too strong a flavour for the delicate scallops. Pity. My partner had the escargot which had very little seasoning so not great.

For mains, I went with the recommendation of the filet mignon. It was the perfect size steak except it was served with a huge portion of mash which could have been halved. The steak itself was meant to be 'amazing quality' but was just very very average. My partner had the bone in rib eye which was tasty so no complaints there.

For dessert we shared a key lime tart which really was delicious and the best part of the meal.

The staff were all very friendly with both the hostess and restaurant manager making an appearance at our table to see if we were enjoying the meal but that coupled with some very 'in your face' waitering in a dead quiet restaurant meant we actually just wanted to be left alone!

2 Thank david p
New York City
“Good location, good food, a bit pricey.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the former Trina's - in the Atlantic Hotel facing the beach. The outdoor tables offer a terrific sense of the southern Florida ambiance. The food always (now and in the Trina incarnation) has been good and the service excellent. Thus I've always been puzzled that the place often is almost empty. It deserves more business. Maybe its prices are too high -- yet it delivers top quality and creative meals. In every visit to FtL, I dine at East End Brasserie at least twice.

Visited March 2013