“Come for the beer but don't forget about the food”
Review of TAP 42

TAP 42
Ranked #43 of 1,371 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tap42, Pouring the best beer in Fort Lauderdale. 50 Craft Beers on tap, 1 Rotating Cask Ale, 42 Premium Rotating Bourbons, a HUGE rotating large format craft bottled beer list, Hand-Crafted Cocktails and great food. Follow us! Instagram: Tap42ftl Facebook: tap42bar Twitter: tap42bar Tap42 SPECIALS & PROMOTIONS: Every Monday: $5 Prohibition Burgers w/ Fries! Between 4pm-11pm come out and enjoy our famous Prohibition or Falafel Veggie Burger for $5, with the purchase of any beverage. Wednesdays: Ladies Night! Ladies Drink Free every Wednesday from 7pm-9pm Saturdays & Sundays: Brunch at Tap42. Enjoy Bottomless Mimosas & Bloody Marys for $15 from 11am-3pm! Happy Hour $3 off Monday-Friday from 4pm-7pm
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was our first trip to Tap 42 and we had a difficult time finding the entrance. After parking the car in the lot next to the restaurant, we discovered that we had parked in the employee lot and had to move the car. We went in the first door we found and after standing there for about 5 minutes a server informed us that we were at the wrong entrance. There was no indication that there was a secondary entrance or that the hostess stand was at the other end of the bar. We finally found the hostess and when we stated that we didn't want to sit outside due to the impending rain, she immediately became unfriendly. However, the friendliness of our waitress quickly made us forget. We happened to go during Happy Hour and all of the beers were $3 off. The best idea they have is their Beer Flight which allows you to taste 3 different beers at once since they have 52 different beers on tap. My wife and I shared a flight and 3 appetizers. We had the pulled bbq pork sliders, mini beef sliders, and "Two Hot Dates" crostini at our waitress' suggestion. The food came fairly quickly. The crostini was a perfect little bite that flawlessly married both sweet and savory. The bbq sauce on the pork slider was made with the same cider my wife was drinking which only made the slider all the more delicious. Unfortunately when we went to go try the beef sliders, we discovered that the kitchen had made a mistake and made us the southern chicken slider. When we informed our server, not only did she immediately apologize, but she told us to enjoy the chicken sliders on the house while they made our beef sliders. Although we did not order this appetizer, it was wonderful nevertheless. The only complaint was that there was a touch too much mustard. Once we got our beef sliders, they were worth the wait. We did not get any entrees, but we would go there again just for the appetizers and the beer.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I live near Tap 42 and only go there if friends want to get a drink in the area. Everyone swears the beers are great and the food is outstanding, but I don't think the crowd, noise, or fact that it's always too busy really allows for me to enjoy any of it's main features.
It's the place to see and be seen, and I'm not a fan. These types of places won't be around long since it will lose it's pazzazz and everyone will forget about it.
I understand why it's so popular, because in Miami a place like this is a dime a dozen, but in Ft. Lauderdale it stands out. If you want a place to have fun, mingle, and be where everyone else is in Ft Lauderdale, then Tap 42 is the place for you.
If you want good beers, and a low key atmosphere, go to the Riverside Market.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good reco from youngest son, very good food, outside seating if desired, longest craft beer list I've ever seen, very casual, attractive/friendly/knowledgeable staff, prices maybe just a little high but not unduly so, will return!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

First time here, and we loved it.
Note: they don't have any specials for food for happy hours anymore as was advertised, wine was just 3 $ off, beers specials locals only $5.
Owners knew what they were doing. They made this place trendy with good looking people coming in. Menu has some vegan options and vegeterian.
It has a very nice area outside, that is very spacious. I was not inside, next time will check it out.

We are vegetarians, so I had lettuce wraps with quinoa salad which was amazing. My husband had veggie burger which again was amazing. We shared, and I couldn't finish mine, so my husband finished the rest and he loved it too.

Wine that i ordered was bad, one of the cheapest I guess. I shouldn't ve ordered wine in a beer place. Then I had a small glass of beer and it was delicious.

Service was excellent. All servers looked like smart just out of college girls, very attentive, ours was checking on us every ten minutes.
Our bill with generous tip was 55$ for 2 people with 2 entrees, and 4 drinks. Not bad at all. We will deffinitely come back again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow, what a LIVELY atmosphere to enjoy a great casual meal with friends!! Prices are OK and outside dining is terrific. Hamburgers are amazing--my husband said the best he has ever had!! A younger crowd makes it crazy fun, even for us seniors. Specials on certain nights really draw a big crowd!! Don't miss this one while in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Sunday brunch is especially wonderful with unlimited pitchers of mimosa or bloody mary. Wait staff has always been attentive!