“"Not as bad as most people say..."”

Americas Best Inns & Suites
Ranked #120 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Queens, NY
“"Not as bad as most people say..."”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights last month. To be honest, it's not great, but you get what you pay for. I have to say that the front desk staff was very courteous and helpful. Things that I reported as not working in the room were fixed immediately. The internet connection wasn't that good at first, but on the last day of our stay they changed provider and it worked great. Would I stay there again? Possibly....Would I recomend it to close friends? Probably not....

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I found my stay here Awful as well. The area is definitely dangerous at night time, I wouldn't like to be caught walking around with a handful of cash in my pocket, and the rooms are absolutely horrible, a makeover wouldn't be able to give this place some life. The city needs to tear this building down and the owners need to start from scratch!

Room Tip: There's a Gay Bar in the center of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jeremi T

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed at this motel on Monday night, April 2nd. The rooms was pretty clean and the front desk personnel very pleasant at check in and check out. Bed was comfortable...

Cons: kinda is rough section of town, internet connectivity was not good and couldnt get on in the morning at all, toilet would barely flush. Breakfast selection VERY skimpy.

Would stay there again if necessary.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph S
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This property is owned by a nice Indian family. Most of the negative reviews are accurate as I've stayed here a couple of times. The place can get a bit loud and rowdy on weekend nights. The lower prices sometimes bring in a less desireable clientle. The place is in dire need of a makeover. Water damage, grime, and general cleaniness seem to be the biggest problems.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mike P
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This was an absolute terrible place. My daughter and arrived after a long flight to find the rooms dirty, smelly and with huge stains on the bed. We left immediately. I took the desk clerk up to show him the stains on the bed before I left. I booked the place thru Travelocity and they refused to give me a refund because the hotel manager disagreed with my assessement--another indication that this hotel uses shoddy business practices. I think Travelocity should take some responsibility for booking such an awful place but of course they will not. There are much better places to stay in Ft Lauderdale, including a small hotel right on the beach called The Sun Tower.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ismailahob
Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We were in Ft. Lauderdale and wanted to be situated near the beach wo/paying the high price for we were only there for one night, attending an event. With that said, a reasonable low price was a priority as well as safety.
After visually inspecting many of the budget hotels and management front offices along US 1 (North Federal Highway) we settled on America's Best Inns and Suites. Shawn, the Hotel front desk Mgr. was very personable and accomodating. He gave us exactly the room type and location we wanted and even provided some unopened packaged samples of personal items we could use should we found we forgot them - razors, toothpaste and shampoo. Shawn even extended a later check out (without us asking) should we need to sleep longer.
Sure the hotel was aged as the rooms were in need of upgrading, but the price was right as was the location. We slept comfortably for the most part but had I known we would be awoken earlier than 10 a.m. due to other residents talking outside our door, I wouldn't have stayed out that late (3 am). Funny, after we gave up on trying to go back to sleep, the noise outside our door seem to stop.
Overall, I wouldn't return to this hotel, but Shawn, the front desk mgr. has a great professional future in front of him given his great customer service attitude.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank femailcreation
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed June 26, 2009

There are better values out there where you can save money and have a safer, cleanier place to be in. This place looked like those terrible places that shady people rent by the hour. Got this place through priceline in my package...I arrived at just past 1am (had no choice to go find another and call it a monetary loss), was given a room on the first floor that the windows opened fully and had no locks on them for safety. Go to change the room and they give me another that had no electricity...again go back and get a 3rd room on the 2nd floor and it smelled like a locker room, the bathroom was dirty, the tub had so much scum I had to bath with shower shoes on..and thecarpet was worse to even describe the filth and rotting smell of spills that have never been cleaned. The bed was hard with very old pillows. the floor lamp by the chairs was broken so when you went to turn it on it fell over in half and it only had an exposed bulb with no shade. TV was rigged with cable that you could not find any real channels and that is if you could get the remote to work for at times it was not work to change the channels and very little volume to the TV for I assume the speakers in it were not working too well. The walls and ceiling were all stained like a lot of water damage and patched up to where there were more patched then the actual walls themselves. The bathroom sink cabinet was all rotted out. The Bates Motel looked better than this place. I barely could sleep for how unsafe and unclean I felt in this place. I immediately left the next morning with all my things so that after my meeting I could find something cleaner and safer. I did not dare go to their continental breakfast for fear of molding food and/or spoiled juice and milk....I believe if I had taken my dog with me we would have probably howled all night to get out of this place. Wish I had taken photos of this room to share with you so that you could honestly see that this place was not fit for a human being.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business