“They make me feel at home.”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area
Ranked #29 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 28, 2009

The staff at the hotel are what make the difference. They make it a point to remember you and most often by name. The entire staff acknowledge you with a smile even if you are just walking by. The rooms are always clean and the parking is convenient and secure. I travel a lot and this hotel is my choice of places to stay. I do feel very much at home and the beds are great.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed April 28, 2009

Walking into the room I was very impressed with the size of the bed, the layout of the room, and the direct, easy access to the pool and hot tub. I arrived alomost two hours before check in and the front desk staff said it wouldn't be a problem getting into the room early and checking in. I was so relieved that I could put my bags away and change from clothes from traveling all day without any hassle.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I was and still am disappointed about this Hampton Inn we would never stay here again. We booked it based on others reviews and man were they off. We were on our way to a Royal Caribbean Cruise the following day and choose this one based on reviews. Well THERE IS NO FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM AIRPORT OR TO THE PORT. Unlike the Hampton Inn Airport and Port Hotel. So we paid $131.00 guaranteed room in January. Never do that again. Well after you add in $25 taxi to hotel and $20 taxi to port for 4 people the room ended up costing us $176.00. If we had chosen the other hotel the cost would have been $130.00 and free shuttle. The walk to the shopping district is over 2 miles with kids not a good idea, nothing in the area to see. We thought our kids could swim in the pool....YUCK! It was disgusting all yellow and filled with gunk at the bottom of the pool. My kids were so disappointed, I would not even let them touch the water. The breakfast was very good, the room was fine, the front desk person was gracious and requested his special taxi driver to take us to the port. He was terrific. If you have a late check in and don't plan on seeing Ft. Lauderdale, or using the pool this would do. But beware. This is not a hotel I would recommend for a family.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Ohiofamily090
Reviewed April 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton on April 5th before catching our flight back to Canada after returning from our cruise. The hotel was clean, quiet, comfortable and was situated downtown. In the morning, they served a great breakfast which was included in the stay. The pool/hot tub area situated outside was clean and situated on the second floor. The front desk staff was very helpful in giving us directions and suggestions on things to do and places to have diner. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The price was right and it has everything you need to make your stay nothing less than you would expect.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2009

we stayed at the hampton inn for 2 nights pre cruise. our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. my husband and 8yr old daughter and myself had a 2 dbl bed room. the free breakfast was plentiful and the free tea and coffee at reception was a nice touch. there is a nice swimming pool which we didnt have time to use with plenty of loungers .
the surrounding area is very quiet and slightly rundown but we always felt safe and used the trolley to get around which at this time of year only operates at weekends and walked ,approx 15 min walk to las olas boulevard. fort lauderdale is lovely place and even if you,re only there short while have a trip on the water bus, a cheap way to see a lot . the waterways and the houses are fabulous.
we ate at the cheesecake factory on las olas and it was very good. i would definitely return and would recommend this hotel. very reasonable and only short walk or trolley ride from las olas.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed here in July of 2008. We attended a comedy show at the Seminole Hardrock Casino and spent the night nearby. The hotel is within 5 miles of the casino. Our room was on the 3rd floor so we were to park in the parking garage for hotel guests only and walk directly to our room. The garage is secure and we felt safe parking there.

Our room was spacious and very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and we wish we were spending more than just one night there.

The hotel provides free internet and the free breakfast was delicious. They had a hot dish and the usual items, bagels, cerealk etc. We would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 16, 2008

As we approached the Hampton Inn City Center around 11 AM, my thoughts wandered to Puerto Morales Mexico near Cancun. We saw lots of buildings boarded up or partially demolished and several men sleeping in doorways or sidewalks in near the unused buildings.

Entering the Hampton Inn City Center, we observed an impressive lobby with a balcony, which we learned, housed the complimentary breakfast area. The room was typical Hampton Inn with the exception of the bedding. The mattress was soft and rough on my back.

There is a nice pool area with whirlpool and plenty of seating for sunbathing. The fitness room is well equipped and convenient to the elevators. We used a taxi from the airport to the Hampton Inn City Center that cost $14.60 plus tip. The hotel has complimentary parking near the entrance to the hotel.

The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn with choices of cereals, fruits, breads, pastries. Today’s hot food was sausage patties and French toast.

The Riverwalk area and Second Avenue dining and entertainment area is a short walk of about five blocks through a rather depressed area. We only saw two Taxi’s cruising the area leaving me to believe that you need to call to reserve a taxi.

I’d return if the price was right but I’d prefer to stay at a hotel closer to the Riverwalk to limit the use of taxis and minimize walking through the depressed area.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DetailsByBill