“Great stay before and after our Caribbean Cruise in March 2014”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #32 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eastvale, United States
“Great stay before and after our Caribbean Cruise in March 2014”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Checking in and out was painless and quick. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The security key access to the elevators and entry into the hotel was a peace of mind feature that we appreciated. Will stay there again without a doubt every time we return to south Florida.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

craig p, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review of the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas area! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were completely satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your room!

We are also excited to hear you will be staying with us in your future travels to Fort Lauderdale! Our goal is to be your home away from home!

We look forward to seeing you again at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas area!

Kind regards,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
LAuderhill, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good Hotel. Very good with handicap accommodations. They helped me not only with my handicap needs but with my kids too. Issues like milk for my 4 year old at the end of the day or setting the bathroom / shower for my needs was take care immediately.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your great comments about the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area! We constantly try to exceed our guests' expectations and make sure all your needs are met.

I am very happy to hear that my staff was able to assist you with your needs during your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and reassures us that our staff is delivering the exceptional quality of service we expect!

We look forward to having you stay with us again at the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area!!

Hampton Inn Management
Ft. Worth, Tx
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Would stay here again for over night pre-cruise. Free pickup at airport, the $5 charge to pier was well worth it. Staff was friendly , helpful and courteous. Breakfast was ordinary Hampton fare but more than sufficient to get us to the buffet on the ship. Restaurants near by and a discount shopping center across the street so you can purchase the items you just discovered you forgot.

2 Thank Edbreb
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our wonderful hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our shuttle service, staff, and our breakfast. We've seemed to have made a great impression on you and your family.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and have a great day.
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel had some really Gross disgusting green bath water. I was afraid to bathe. I have no idea what it was. It was terrible. No bottled water in the room. I definitely won't be staying here again!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. We regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied during your stay.

The discoloration of the water is the result of an annual treatment by the City of Fort Lauderdale. The discoloration is temporary, but sanitary at all times. Fort Lauderdale water quality always meets all national standards. Our water comes from the same source as all hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

We would love the opportunity to have you here again. Please contact me if you decide to return so I can ensure you have a wonderful problem-free stay with us!

Kelly Matera
Assistant General Manager
Belgium
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed two nights in this hotel and believe it was a good choice, certainly in places as FLL when you do not have a rented car at your disposal.
The hotel is nice, on a save location and only max 10 minutes’ walk from the Riverside historic center with nice buildings and also some restaurants. During the free day we indeed went over there. Even on Sunday there is live. Of course in the office parts most is closed.
Staff was very friendly, room clean and comfortable. Free wifi. Nice swimming pool area.
The breakfast is included. A correct choice for the buffet. Only remark: cutlery and plates, drinking cups are in plastic, paper or other stuff to be thrown away.
For the other food, it is a limited choice. At the bar you can order a few small plates. Reason we preferred to go to the riverside in a little restaurant.
From airport to hotel we used a taxi. Rate approx. USD 20.
From Hotel to cruise embarkation which is very close, there was a free shuttle service from the hotel.
Anyway for such price/quality and place I will return to this hotel.
Conclusions:
+ plus
Hotel location, nice rooms, friendly staff, price/quality
- negative
Use of thrown away material for breakfast (some people will not like, but this should not be a reason not to stay here)

Green Features: as mentionned : cutlery and plates, drinking cups are in plastic, paper or other stuff to be thrown away.
Hello!

We want to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review of the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area!

It sounds like the hotel was a perfect fit for you during your travels in Fort Lauderdale. As you mentioned we are in a great location just walking distance to Las Olas Blvd and the Riverfront area where you can shop and dine. We are also happy to be one of only a few Hampton Inn's in the country that have a bar in the hotel.

Although we do use disposable items in our breakfast area the products we use are made from natural materials, they are biodegradable and compostable.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and other travelers! We look forward to seeing you again at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area!

Safe travels!
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed over the night before a trip abroad out of the Ft Lauderdale airport. Lobby area was clean, rooms were spotless, front desk clerk let me borrow a wine key when I realized I forgot mine. Pool area was quiet at night and a great spot for the 4 of us to drink wine and chat. Continental breakfast starts at 6, but when the front desk clerk heard us say we needed to be out by 445am, she assured us whoever was working the front desk the next morning would have a bag of goodies for us (fruit, etc.) and fresh coffee would be available. Thank you for another pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area! It sounds like you had a great time in Fort Lauderdale and thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased to know my staff was attentive to your needs and ensured you were well taken care of. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Best regards,

Hampton Management
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I would like to thank the manager at this hotel for all his hard work for helping me. I booked 2 rooms for 2 days a business trip, but had to cancel. I was charged for the rooms anyway because the travel agent I used did not cancel the reservation. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager I explained the situation to him. He advised that he would need to check on some things and get back with me. Not even an hour later he called me back and got the charges reversed. The customer service he gave to me was magnificent and I never even stayed at the hotel. I recommend this hotel..

ARGW

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review based on your experience with one of our managers prior to your visit at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Downtown/Las Olas Area. I am pleased to hear that he went above and beyond in assisting you. We hope that your future travels will bring you back to Fort Lauderdale so you have the opportunity to stay with us!

Thank you again for taking the time to acknowledge the great service our staff member provided you!

Hampton Management