“good clean comfortable stay”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area
Ranked #29 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was a good clean, comfortable stay at an affordable price. I did not like the parking charge. I think the rates should cover the parking. The staff was courteous, friendly, and efficient. I have found this to be true at nearly 100% of the hampton properties.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank-You for sharing your experience. I am delighted that you found The Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown Las Olas Area to be clean, comfortable and fair priced with an outstanding staff! We do love what we do and have a staff whose goal is to WOW each and every one of our guests. As for the parking charge, having an attached four story secured parking garage is unique to Hamptons but also to the Downtown Fort Lauderdale area especially at a hotel so close in proximity to fortune 500 companies and Trendy Las Olas. I do Thank-You for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I experienced an infestation of tiny black insects in the bathroom (room 200). I've stayed here before. This is the first time I've had such a problem. Probably cuts in facility maintenance and pest control.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Hello from Fort Lauderdale,

Rest assured this will not occur in the future. Room 200 being right off the pool deck which offers great views however, with the rain sometimes small little critters sadly get in. We do have monthly exterminating and a staff that cares greatly which since you are a repeat guest I'm sure have experienced. Hopefully, while you are in the area you have had the opportunity to explore Las Olas which is just a few short blocks from the hotel. This is a great place to unwind and relax.

Safe Travel,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I try to stay at a Hilton property as much as possible due to my honors membership. I have stayed here at least three times and the mosquito problem in the lobby and on the second floor bar and dining area has gotten no better. This is unhealthy and needs to be addressed. There is no reason for this continue. The rooms are nice, dining staff pleasant, with the exception of the cell phone intrigued bartender. With a little work this can be a 10/10 property.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank I3838CGpatrickm

Greeting from Sunny Fort Lauderdale -

I am sad to hear you did not enjoy your experience at our Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown Las Olas area. During rainy season mosquitoes are to be expected. I do understand this is bothersome and have taken corrective measures to ensure guest satisfaction going forward. You will note that our cleanliness comments are outstanding and speak for themselves. I do hope you did have a chance to visit trendy Las Olas just a few short blocks from our hotel that boast over 40 restaurants and boutique shopping!

I look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Downtown Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed November 23rd one night prior to cruise. Booked 2 rooms . Stayed room number 301 nnd 302. Great location and very quiet. Very nice hotel and staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel has free breakfast and its very good. Huge variety of food, hot and cold. I ate such a big breakfast I was not hungry when I got on the ship! Also hotel has a free shuttle to the port. Would highly recommend Hampton Inn Center City!

Room Tip: 301 and 302 are far from elevater.
1  Thank vacationbob54
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hello from Sunny Fort Lauderdale,

Thank-You for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to satisfy a hardy appetite. We do have a great selection for breakfast and its only getting better with Hamptons new creative initiatives. I do hope you had an opportunity to try our bar menu with great tapas food items as well. At the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL. we strive to make each and every guests stay a memorable one and hope to see our cruisers every time they are in town! We really do love having you here!

Thank-You for your loyalty ...

Looking forward to seeing you on your next stay in Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This Hampton is only a short distance from the cruise ports. Like all Hampton Inns, it is clean, free breakfast and there is a free shuttle to port. We fly in late and leave by noon so didn't spend any time in the area. We were able to get a light dinner from the bar at a reasonable price at 10:00 pm. Stayed here twice prior to a cruise and would stay again.

1  Thank Allison P

Greetings from Downtown Fort Lauderdale!

I am always excited to read a review that shares our newest amenity that we offer to our guests ... We recently opened " The Perfect Mix Bar " which is located on our second floor and open daily from 5pm - 11pm. Our bar offers tapas food items and a wide selection of spirits that are sure to please everyone. Thank-you for your loyalty!

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel has great accomodations and is centrally located to many great restaurants, shopping and destinations in Ft. Lauderdale. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean and comfortable. Great value! We would definitely book here again.

1  Thank Margo V

Hello from Fort Lauderdale,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience and our hotel! You are correct! We do have an extremely clean hotel and terrific staff! We are always striving to exceed our guests expectations. We are centrally located and very close to Trendy Las Olas which is a must see when you are in the area! Thank-You for your comments and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I spent one night here before leaving on a cruise. I accidentally left a dress and a jacket in the closet when I checked out. 5 days later I returned from the cruise and called to arrange to pick them up. They said the items were not in the lost and found, Knowing exactly where I left them, there is only one possibility - whoever found them opted to keep them instead of turning them in. Other than this disappointment, the hotel was fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank paleobass

Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale,

I apologize for your lost item. I assure you that my housekeeping team is honest and would not take anything. As you will have seen from the past 200 plus reviews "theft " was never an issue. I do hope that you found your " misplaced" item. I am delighted that you enjoyed the remainder of the hotel and were happy with your experience. The Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown City Center is in a great location, just a few blocks to trendy Las Olas which boasts over 40 restaurants and exquisite boutique shopping .. Hopefully you had a chance to experience all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer!