We stayed one night and plan to return at the end of this month for another night, prior to a cruise. We paid just over $20 for a taxi from the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Desk personnel greeted us at the entrance and quickly checked us in. On the counter were complementary fresh picked oranges and cookies. After we unpacked we enjoyed a complementary glass of wine and we purchased tapas for a light dinner. (Tapas were ok, they filled a hole, but were just ok, but the wine and service were very good.) The breakfast bar in the morning was well provisioned with omelets, sausages, yoghurt, cereal and toast and much more. The room was adequate, comfortable and clean. Every person in this hotel with whom we came in contact knew that the comfort of the hotel's guests was their concern. For example, got locked out of the hotel through the stairway exit and the bell person helped me. The bar person and check out personnel were friendly and approachable. Someone who is a supervisory person has led these service people in the right direction. Security is evident everywhere, from using your card in the elevator to the door attendant. Way to go Hampton! We paid $143.27 for one night in November for 2 people including breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamically located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale exciting downtown district, easy access to Las Olas shopping and entertainment district, Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport and beaches. We feature 156 appointed guestrooms featuring FREE HIGH-SPEED internet access, FREE HOT BREAKFAST, FREE local calls, FREE parking w/gated & covered parking available, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, 2 telephones w/voice mail, TV w/extended cable, business center, outdoor pool/whirlpool, exercise room, convenience store, coin laundry, hospitality suite, and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown - City Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hampton Inn City Center
- Fort Lauderdale Hampton Inn