“GREAT location & GREAT hotel!”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL.
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, United States
“GREAT location & GREAT hotel!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. We arrived early and staff was more than willing to hold our luggage while we went to the pool and our room was ready. They called multiple taxis for us throughout our stay and gave us a late checkout upon departure. We were VERY pleased. Rooms were clean & comfy. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

I appreciate your feedback and always enjoy hosting our guests here at the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale - I am delighted to hear that you were able to get out and see all that Downtown Fort Lauderdale has to offer ... Just steps away from Trendy Las Olas with over 40 restaurants and boutique shopping we are in the prime location! Taxi's are a dime a dozen ... I am enthused that you were able to obtain one so quickly! As for the staff ... they are the BEST and go out of their way to ensure each and every guest enjoys their stay!

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Downtown Fort Lauderdale!

Safe Travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Ft. Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was clean and conveniently located. Tiffany, the bartender, was very friendly and helpful with her dining and going out recommendations. Breakfast was filling, the fitness room offered weight and cardiovascular training as well as free headphones, and the pool looked very inviting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Brianne L
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL., responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello from Fort Lauderdale,

I appreciate that you shared your experience. At The Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale we strive to personalize each guests experience. We did just add a full service bar with great food options in the evenings. Our "chef tenders " are wonderful ... they are not only masters in mixology but can whip up something scrumptious for our guests to enjoy. Hopefully, you had time to explore Fort Lauderdale while you were in the area... We are just a few short blocks from Trendy Las Olas that boasts over forty restaurants and boutique shopping.

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Ozone Park, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my family's first time in Ft. Lauderdale (except my husband who grew up in Hollywood, FL). I chose the Hampton Inn because I try to get the best quality at a fair price + complimentary hot breakfast is always important since I travel with my family. I am also a HiltonHonors member (the Hampton is part of this family). The hotel is in walking distance of Ft. Lauderdale's city center. It is in walking distance to the exclusive Los Olas Blvd. It is not on the beach so you will have to decide what location you prefer. We were extremely pleased with the hotel. Our room was always impeccable - which is the most important selling point. Second, the complimentary hot breakfast was great. The hotel staff was always willing to please. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. My worst critic is my seven year old and she loved the hotel. I would definitely stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Camille T
Greetings from Fort Lauderdale,

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience. At The Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale we strive to make each and every guest happy and leave with memories of a relaxing, enjoyable vacation. Our rooms are impeccable as my housekeeping team is very attentive to detail. We do offer a full hot breakfast that is complimentary a great value added amenity. Location is key, and we have a wonderful location ... Close to all Fort Lauderdale has to offer. Just a few blocks from Las Olas Blvd. which has a plethora of restaurants and boutique shopping, close to the museum of science and the Broward center for the performing arts center as well as only a two mile walk or quick taxi ride to Fort Lauderdale Beach...

I love that your seven year old biggest critic was delighted with the hotel as well...

I hope to see you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stay in Hamptons throughout the south, and though nice in their own ways, Hampton Inn Downtown is by far the best. I actually look forward to checking inn, great atmosphere, location and most importantly, staff. 10 out 10, thanks for a great home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank HoseGuy
A very warm welcome from your home away from home,

At the Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale we pride ourselves on making each and every guest feel at home and special. With our personalized touch our guests feel the way you do and not like a number. Outstanding service and a very clean hotel makes our guests want to return. We appreciate your loyalty. Next time you are in town, be certain to check out just how close we are to Las Olas... a great spot just a few blocks away with an abundance of restaurants and boutique shopping!

I do look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sunny South Florida!

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel was within walking distance of the Las Olas area which has tons of great restaurants and shopping! Rooms were nice and hotel was newly renovated. Very secure parking, new breakfast area and great snacks/drinks available in lobby shop.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Hello from Sunny Fort Lauderdale,

Thank-You for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed all that The Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale has to offer. We are just a few blocks from Trendy Las Olas which boasts over forty restaurants and delightful boutique shopping. Thank-You for noting our new renovations, we just added a full service bar with great food options in the evening.

I do look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Sunny Fort Lauderdale,

Pontotoc, Mississippi
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I were going on a cruise and spent the night here prior to leaving. We used the package that allowed us to leave our vehicle in their parking garage while we were on the cruise. This turned out to be a great cost savings over parking at the port.

The hotel is in an older part of the city and the exterior of the building is clean but you can tell it is an older building. My wife and I when we arrived started to question if we made the right decision to stay there. Once inside it was truly a nice facility that has been remodeled and all of the people working here were friendly and extremely helpful.

They also have a fully stocked bar at night which was the first I have seen in a Hampton. Most give a beer or glass of wine, but this was a full service pay bar, but we did receive 2 complimentary drink cards at check in.

When we checked out for the cruise they provided transportation to Port Everglades. We set up with the transportation company they used for return trip from the port to the Hampton to retrieve our vehicle. We did have yo pay $20 for this return trip for two people.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would book here again if in Fort Lauderdale downtown area. I cannot reiterate too much how friendly and helpful the staff were.

Great stay!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mike S
Hello from Fort Lauderdale,

I always enjoy reading happy ending reviews. The Hampton Inn Downtown Fort Lauderdale is the ideal location for cruisers to stay... Just a mile and a half from Port Everglades and to have the option to be right in the heart of Downtown with Trendy Las Olas just blocks away is the ideal location. We do work very hard to keep the hotel nearly spotless, clean rooms with a very friendly staff is sure to make your stay memorable and relaxing. We did just add a full bar with great evening food options. At check-in we do give each registered guests a complimentary drink ticket for the bar ... just an added amenity to ensure our guests enjoy all the value Hampton Inn has to offer!

I do look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Solon, Ia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We didnt know what to expect we were traveling with teenagers. nice large lobby everyone was very friendly and helpful check in was quick and loved the two free drink tickets my wife and I got for the bar that made up for the $12 parking fee, I didn't like. breakfast in the morning was great nice large dinning area.it did have a gated parking lot that was a little tight getting in and out but very secure. there is also a great irish restaurant 2 blocks down.Close to beach activities wish we could have stayed in town longer as we left next day for criuse.

Room Tip: rooms on 3rd level are on parking ramp level