“excellent location and hotel”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area
Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here recently for the FLL A1A Marathon. It's a 5 minute walk to the start line. Very clean and comfortable place, hot breakfasts, very nice staff. Free parking. I'm going back next year. Not a five star, but a very good four star place.

Room Tip: Quiet neighborhood, so no problem.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hello Syracuse!

Thank-You for sharing your experience - We always enjoy being one of the host hotels for the marathon! We are very close to the starting line and love having you here! Thank-you for noting the cleanliness of the property and compliment the staff! The staff goes above and beyond and loves what they do!

I hope to see you next year for the A1A Marathon ...

Reviewed February 18, 2013

LOVE this place!! It was our anniversary and of course hotels on the beach were booked, so we chose this one.. When we checked in I explained to Eric at the front desk that it was our anniversary and of course he wished us a Happy Anniversary, but when we returned from shopping there was a Bottle of Champagne and a Beautiful note from Eric wishing us a Happy Anniversary again!! Kuddos to Eric! The breakfast is great and you can prepare your own waffles. they also have a bar which is open from 5 to 11 p.m everyday!! I will say its not the best area, but they do have a shuttle bus or you can take a 2 to 3 minute cab ride to Las Olas which is a Long strip of stores and great restaurants and its very close to the beach!! I also have to give a special thank you to David Gronwitz the front desk Manager! everyone there is super nice but these two guys went above and beyond!
We will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank butlermw
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is certainly near down town. Very nice, happy staff. Pleasant pool/whirlpool area. Downside - navigating the parking garage - a tight turn getting in and out - it can be done even with a full size SUV or truck.

• Stayed: February 2013

Hello from Sunny Fort Lauderdale -

It's always nice to receive a prospective from guests from out of the country - I am delighted that your very long journey all the way from the Netherlands was pleasant and you had a wonderful time. You are correct, The Hampton Inn in Downtown Fort Lauderdale is certainly right in the heart of downtown close to all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer. Just a stone’s throw away Trendy Las Olas with the waterfront, boutique shopping and a plethora of restaurants certain to please all pallets. Beaches, museums , performing arts center and revolutions all within reach. Our staff is very pleasant and happy as they do love what they do!

Thank-You for your kind words... I hope to see you on your next trip to South Florida!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I travel extensively and look forward to my trips to Fort Lauderdale as the staff at this property is very in tune to the business traveler. The management staff goes out of their way to accommodate all my needs and the front desk staff has been taught just the same. They have recently opened a bar with a light fare which is great at the end of the day when you don’t want to go out. It would be great if they had small bar pizza or even a cold type of sandwich, don’t get me wrong the sliders and wings are great but when you travel a lot sometimes they are too heavy. Here again the service at the bar is up to par with the rest of the property. My hat goes off to Kelly Malone and Kelly Matera along with their staff Dawn, David and Allan just mention a few. With so many choices we have chosen this property and spend 6 to 10 weeks a year here with about as many sleeping rooms for the entire stay plus meeting space. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelingman024
Hampton_GMCityCenter, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank-You for sharing your experience with us. I am always delighted to have a long time loyal guest share feedback with us. We do try our hardest to ensure each and every guest's experience is personalized in effort to give you the " home away from home " feeling while our road warriors are away on business. I am glad you pointed out our new Bar and it's food options that adds a wonderful amenity to the hotel for our guests. Pizza is a great idea! I will look into testing pizza out as an option and see how our guests take to it! As always , I am open for suggestions and feedback as this is our way to grow and make your stay that much better!

I look forward to seeing you during one of your 100 stays a year -

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Only stayed one night and was extremely tired, so don't remember much about this hotel. Although I did have a good night sleep. It was a quite night, but the powdered eggs in the morning were nothing to look forward to. It has free parking in a garage.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hi Mike,

I am thrilled that you had a great night’s sleep at the Hampton Inn in Downtown Fort Lauderdale! We just replaced every mattress in the hotel to ensure the best night’s sleep available.

Hope all is well in Virginia and I hope to see you and your colleagues back in Fort Lauderdale on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Safe Travels!

Kelley

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Everything that you would expect in a Hampton Hotel: very clean, nice basic accomodation. The staff was very helpful and breakfast was better than what I would have thought it would be. It's hardly gourmet, but there are quite a few choices and perfectly palatable in a nice setting.

It's an easy walk to Las Olas and the Intracoaster Waterway, if you don't mind being hassled frequently by the homeless who are well represented in the vicinity. Our room had a beautiful view to the north of the town, as well as a homeless encampment. A major "campground" for the homeless is in a little park about a block away (toward Las Olas and the Waterway). Consequently, since there are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity (although not a long walk away), care in walking back to the hotel after dinner is suggested.

The "business center" has several free computers, although they're painstakingly slow. But they do print for free.

There is a free shuttle to the cruise pier, but not from it.

Room Tip: There are some very nice views from this hotel which will be enhanced by being as high as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

I am always delighted to have my guests share their experiences. I Thank-You for your comments on the staff as they truly strive for excellence. In the twenty years that I have been in the hotel business I can honestly say that I have the BEST Director of Housekeeping! On a daily basis she ensures that the hotel is held to a high standard. The area is in the downtown market - similar to any downtown area there are more colorful areas than others. With this being said, we are just a stone’s throw away from Trendy Las Olas and the waterfront - a leisurely walk or a $5.00 taxi ride will beam you over to this location in a blink of an eye ... with a plethora of boutique shopping and 40 restaurants to choose from. If going out is not in your plans for the night - We have just renovated the second floor with a new 2nd floor lobby, FULL SERVICE BAR with TAPAS food options that are certain to please even the pickiest eater.

I do hope to see you on your return to Fort Lauderdale! Sending you a bit of sunshine and warmth from Fort Lauderdale to Oregon!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nice room, good location in the Business district of Ft. Lauderdale, but at USD 180/night, it is too expensive.
Staff was very helpfull when asked, although they did not have a plug converter, something I think all hotels should have.
Breakfast was OK, but not something they should rave about, the use of disposable plates and cutlery is certainly not my "cup-of-tea".

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Sunny South Florida,

Thank-You for sharing your experience and pointing out that the staff is very helpful and attentive to detail - our staff works very diligently to ensure each and every guests experience is personalized. As for our plates in breakfast - Hampton Inn worldwide is very environmentally "green" conscious, the plates are not paper nor Styrofoam they are actually taterware made our of potatoes. Each and every Hampton Inn hotel and employee strives to reduce the carbon foot print and made the world a more beautiful place for the years to come ... I understand your thoughts but with this new tid bit of information hopefully you understand why we do what we do ...

I hope to see you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!