I spent a night here before my drive down to Key West. It was exactly what I was looking for, a clean, comfortable place to spend the night, relatively close to I-95, and a good complimentary breakfast. Parking is provided in a gated parking garage.
Check-in was fast and courteous. The hotel is located within walking distance of the shops and restaurants along the RIverwalk. The hotel is located a fair distance from the beach, so if the beach is your primary destination, this won't be the most convenient lcoation for you.
This was the first hotel I've been in that actually required a room key to operate the elevator, so there are additional safety features.
The complimentary breakfast was well-stocked and had a decent variety. The breakfast area was fairly spacious and finding somewhere to sit wasn't a problem.
I had a few minor issues, but nothing insurmountable. I went to use the vending machine on my floor to get a soda, and it wasn't stocked, so I went down to the next floor. (I used the stairs and my room key worked.) Same scenario, so I ended up trying twice more before I was successful. A minor inconvenience, but not the end of the world.
Also, the parking garage ramp curves are TIGHT! I realize that parking garages aren't known for wide circulation lanes, but these are some of the narrowest I've seen, and it doesn't help when they have columns in the middle of them either. Aside from a few very careful turns, parking is covered and conveniently attached to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamically located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale exciting downtown district, easy access to Las Olas shopping and entertainment district, Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport and beaches. We feature 156 appointed guestrooms featuring FREE HIGH-SPEED internet access, FREE HOT BREAKFAST, FREE local calls, FREE parking w/gated & covered parking available, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, 2 telephones w/voice mail, TV w/extended cable, business center, outdoor pool/whirlpool, exercise room, convenience store, coin laundry, hospitality suite, and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown - City Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hampton Inn City Center
- Fort Lauderdale Hampton Inn