Stayed at this hotel for NYE. The location is very central (taxis, etc) but I would not say that it is very walkable due to the surrounding area (not awful, not great)
Being NYE they were totally booked and we ended up with a handicapped-accessible room. I have stayed in many handicapped-accessible rooms, but this one was absolutely horrible due to design of the bathroom. It had a standard roll-in shower but it was plagued with drainage issues. The shower itself is too narrow so the water just drains of of it, onto the main bathroom floor. There is a drain on the main floor but its location is under the sink and the floor is not evenly sloped. A HUGE puddle forms in the middle of the bathroom creating a serious hazard and inconvenience. The bathroom had very poor ventilation as well.
Beyond that the rest of the room was decent as expected. Things were tidy and in place, the furniture showing slight normal wear and tear. The room had a bit of a musty smell as well which went away when the a/c was running. The (king) bed was reasonably comfortable.
The pool and whirlpool area were actually nicer than expected. The pool was a decent size, but the hot tub was a tad on the small size but still nice.
Breakfast was decent - not amazing, usual fanfare. Bagels, pre-made omelettes, bagels, and DIY waffles.
My pet peve was the parking situation: while I understand the hotel was at capacity, their parking capacity apparently does not correlate to their room capacity. We had to park in an overflow lot that was actually full of cars in the paved area so we parked in wuhat was in essence a grass field with no lighting. They did have security/officers on duty but i feel as if they spent more time chatting in the lobby than patrolling the premesis.
All said and done the hotel has a great central location from a drivability perspective, 'okay' ammenities, and is decent for quick business stays. Staff were helpful and polite as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamically located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale exciting downtown district, easy access to Las Olas shopping and entertainment district, Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport and beaches. We feature 156 appointed guestrooms featuring FREE HIGH-SPEED internet access, FREE HOT BREAKFAST, FREE local calls, FREE parking w/gated & covered parking available, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, 2 telephones w/voice mail, TV w/extended cable, business center, outdoor pool/whirlpool, exercise room, convenience store, coin laundry, hospitality suite, and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown - City Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hampton Inn City Center
- Fort Lauderdale Hampton Inn