“Best gay male resort in Ft. Lauderdale”
Review of Hotel Lush Royale

Hotel Lush Royale
Deptford, New Jersey
“Best gay male resort in Ft. Lauderdale”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We continue to return to the Lush Royale each year. The staff has become part of our family. Always meet a great group of guys, many who are also return guests. Great variety of different rooms are available at great prices. Jeff the manager is terrific! Can't wait to get back again next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donald S
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you Don for your flattering review. It was great to see both you and Frank again. We definately appreciated your loyalty!

It's nice you enjoyed meeting our other guests. We certainly seem to have the nicest guys stay with us. It makes it very easy to make new friends at our resort.

We would also like to thank you again for the lovely orchid you presented us as a gift to add to our orchid filled gardens. We have the perfect spot for it, and will think of you as we care for it.

You guys are the best! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Toronto
Reviewed March 13, 2013

What can I say that has not already been said about this great hotel. I can say I have traveled a great deal and a nice hotel is very important to me. This was one of the best I have stayed at. The fact it was so peacefull and relaxed was a plus. Free internet-great breakfast selection. Serving a complimentery drink by the pool with a hot towel is a nice touch as has been mentioned often. One thing perhaps not mentioned was the great selection of movies you could borrow from the front desk. (I enjoyed Cut Sleave Boys-very cute and funny). Only thing was It was so nice I had to drag myself away so I would not miss out on the fab Ft.Lauderdale Beach. I used to do SOBE all the time but North Village Beach and this hotel is the place to be. Last time I was in Ft.Lauderdale - I stayed at the Hilton. This was far better for countless reasons and I sure like the free parking right at the front door-I can't wait to go back. Thanks Guys. Gary (Alan)

Room Tip: Use of sister property Royal Palms for the gym. All rms are nice. Pay more for the bigger King RM i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you Gary for your outstanding review! It was wonderful having you stay with us recently, for the first time.

Our peaceful and relaxed atmosphere do make for a great get-away for our guests. Also having access to our sister property available is a plus should you want to indulge in a relaxing massage, work-out, or enjoy lunch at their bar/cafe'.

We appreciate you giving us a try, happy you enjoyed your stay, and of course, look forward to your return! :)
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very nice small hotel, with a beautiful pool area. The management was very friendly and helpful, and you can't beat the price and proximity to the beach. Parking was free and right next to the hotel. The guests were friendly and it was easy to spark up a conversation. I had a great time and am very much looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Glenn C
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you Glenn, for the taking the time to post your review!

It was our pleasure to have you as a first time guest, and we're pleased you had a great time. You surely have touched on several of the reasons our family of return guests continues to grow.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, and will welcome you back with open arms, and big smiles. Until then, stay well and happy! :)
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the hotel Lush Royale for many years now and enjoy it more than ever. The rooms are very clean and comfortably decorated, the staff is always very accommodating and the pool area is Lush and well manicured. It is a small boutique style feel with a friendly atmosphere. We've checked out most of the other comparable hotels in the area but would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank TBuck711
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you TBuck for your review!

We truly appreciate your loyalty to us! And we never get tired of hearing we're doing a good job.

It is always our pleasure to have you both stay with us, at your "Home Away From Home" and as you know, the entire staff takes great pride to be sure it feels that way. It is very important to us to make sure each and every one of our guests has a wonderful time while staying here.

We look forward to your return guys! :)
boston
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My partner and I just got back from our second stay at the Hotel Lush Royale and needless to say I didn't want to leave. The place has a certain flair giving the impression of staying at a private estate. The building and grounds are a mixture of Key West, Bermuda and the best of Florida all rolled into one. Jeff, Andrew and the rest of the staff are at the top of their game and make each guest feel special. Each guest room is comfortable and unique. The grounds and pool area are fabulous. If one is seeking a true tropical experience while vacationing in Florida Hotel Lush Royale is the place to stay!!

Room Tip: I believe there are four suites at the Hotel Lush Royale. The Royal Suite is very spacious and has...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Paul, I must say, your wonderful review was a great way to finish up a very busy February!

We couldn't be happier that you both enjoyed your stay with us, and you have touched on many of the reasons our guests continue to return.

It is also a great compliment, that you have booked another stay with us for next February, and treat yourself to the Royal Suite.

The entire staff appreciates being mentioned in your review, as we all strive to see that each and every guest has a memorable stay. We love what we do!

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return next February! :)
New York, NY
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My goal was to stay at Lush Royal during my last trip to Ft. Lauderdale, as I heard it was most like another property in town where I typically stay. I ended up booking their sister property, Royal Palms, with the understanding that I could use the quieter facilities of Lush Royale...and use the hot tub. So, I spent a good portion of my day at Lush Royale. It is a nice small property, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I liked it, but felt that the property was a bit small with a small pool that was shaded most of the day. The property, while well maintained and clean, could use some updating. Rooms seemed nice(I asked them to show me a few), but were not as spacious as other properties I've stayed at. I would definitely stay here on a future trip and overall it was a favorable experience. Good location a few blocks from the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms...some of the rooms I saw were small.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank HighFlyerNewYork_NY
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello HighFlyer, and thank you for your review. We were happy to have you come over from the RP for a more laid back experience, and to enjoy our hot tub. Hopefully you were able to try our delicious afternoon cocktails while sunning by our pool.

How nice you were able to take a look at a few of our rooms as the size and location to the immediate pool area vary. We do have a beautiful suite that might suit you as it is an apartment size room with full kitchen, dining room, living room, with balcony overlooking the pool, and bedroom with king size bed. This particular suite is very popular with those that prefer a more spacious room.

We hope we will not be sold out the next time you try to make a reservation. We would love to have you as our guest! We thank you again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a business trip to Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beach a couple weeks ago, and was fortunate enough to get accommodation at the Hotel Lush Royale. What a fantastic place it is!

This was the first time I've ever stayed at a Gay Hotel, as I've always stayed in the business-oriented hotels, and am glad I broke with that tradition and stayed at the Hotel Lush Royale.

The staff was amicable, professional and all over outstanding. My room was lovely, comfortable, and spotless. I thoroughly enjoyed starting my day with their wonderful and complimentary continental breakfast, and dined each morning poolside.

On the days I didn't have to work, it was wonderful just sitting out by the pool, enjoying one of the hotel's signature Frozen Margaritas while relaxing.

The hotel is near the beach, and in walking distance to many restaurants and other attractions.

Will I go back to the Hotel Lush Royale? Absolutely! In a heartbeat.

My stay was quite memorable, and I'm sure yours will be too!

Room Tip: As this property is small, i think any room would be as good as any. My room was on the second floo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HLRoyale, General Manager at Hotel Lush Royale, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you Rob, for taking the time to post your review. It's pleasing to know your first stay at a gay hotel was pleasant for you! Sometimes stepping out of a usual routine can be a wonderful surprise! And it sounds as though this was the case for you. Your review touched on several of the things that keep our family of guests coming back time and time again.

Although being here on business, we are glad you were able to have "some" down time to relax. It would be a shame not to be able to enjoy lounging by the pool, while having your breakfast, or getting some sun while sipping our afternoon frozen cocktails.

Rob, we enjoyed having you with us, and we look forward to your return! :)