“Delicous Steaks and Service”

Chuck's Steak House
Ranked #228 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has been in Fort Lauderdale (both locations) for over 30 years (maybe even 40). I've visited many, many times and decided to write a review. I'm very surprised that there are no other reviews. I did see a thread posted last year, but is now closed about this restaurant. It is a steak house, but also has very good fish, ribs and a terrific little salad bar. Many who visit are locals and come in several times a month. Many snow birds who visit when they flock down for the winter. Good early bird, and really great burgers. A very friendly staff, many of whom have been with the restaurant for 10 plus years each! Reasonable prices. Dated decor but the bar area has great big screen TVs so it works for my husband and me when we're in the area and crave a burger, steak or the ribs. Never had a bad meal. Never had bad service. Enjoy.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant twice while we were in Ft. Lauderdale March 28th to April 2nd 2013. Several people we talked to suggested this restaurant so we thought we'd try it out. We were greeted right away at the door by the hostess and seated immediately. We were given menus and ordered drinks which came quickly. I ordered a Rib Eye and my husband ordered salmon. We both ordered salad which we made ourselves at the salad bar. The salad bar wasn't my favorite but was satisfactory. I prefer having a salad made for me because you never know who has dipped their fingers in the salad 'bits' (a bit of this and a bit of that). When our steak and baked potato came .. Ohhhh my goodness!! The first bite of my steak was delicious beyond expectations. You know when you have been wanting a certain thing to eat and you get it and it is The Best taste Ever ... well that's how it was! The baked potato was perfect, not overly done and dry ... just perfect. And That is why we ate there twice ... second time was just as good as the first. Patty was our server and was very accommodating and checked on us throughout our meal. Please ... if you are in the mood for a steak and your in Ft. Lauderdale give this place a try.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

party of 20 is very dificult indeed !!!
We knew Chucks staff could handle it!!!

Thanks to all the staff at Chucks on Comercial !!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great prime rib, decent steaks. If you want ambiance, this ain't the place. When we were seated we were placed by the salad bar beside a family of two couples with at least three screaming wee ones. Yippee. We requested a quieter table and were quickly moved, thankfully.

It is a bit of a time warp. Old decor, old school salad bar. Service good, but efficient.

Would we return? Yes, for the prime rib. It's a wierd place overall in a 70's kinda way. Unsettling in other ways. The food is good, but there is something really unusual about Chuck's .

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very good is an apt description of this old favorite. They offered the twilight menu of $14.95 all evening, with about 6 or 8 selections. Of course, the regular menu was also available. All of the main courses are very good, but the highlight is the very extensive salad bar. And, if you are not in to a salad, the French onion soup is a more than ample alternative. A good meal at a good price ... not much more to describe this restaurant.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The ambiance, the service, and the steaks were awesome. We went early, 5pm, to beat the crowds. And glad we did, as Chucks started filling up early with diners. The salad bar was great too. The steaks were very good. Prime Rib and the Filet. You'll be happy with this choice places to eat in Fort Lauderdale.